A pair of Sunday afternoon parties launch this weekend in Miami
Think cocktails, food and relaxation
To Be There or Not To Be There
Wrapping up Mad Cat Theatre Company’s 12th season is the world premiere of 'The Hamlet Dog and Pony Show', "a tragedy of errors" told through music and puppetry written by Jessica Farr and occasional Burn Notice star Paul Tei. Opening night kicks off with a party at 7 p.m. and show at 8 p.m. at the Light Box at Goldman Warehouse on Friday, July 27. If you can't get to opening night, the show runs through Aug. 12. Tickets for opening night are $40, including food and drink; thereafter general admission tickets are $30 and students with valid ID pay $15. Buy tickets online at www.madcattheatre.org or ovationtix.com or by calling OvationTix at 866-811-4111.
There is no better BBQ than one that's not at your house, but, rather, at a resplendent hotel Tiki Bar and private beach area where all you have to do is eat, drink and all that jazz. Conveniently, The Palms Hotel & Spa is inviting you over from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. every Sunday through Sept. 30 for their Summer Backyard Burgers & Beers event. Choose from all sorts of burgers, meaty or meatless, plus your choice of sides for $19.95 per adults as well as $5 beer specials.
Jonesing in Bal Harbour
Performing his signature fusion of samba, reggae and soul from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Friday, July 27 at ONE Bal Harbour Resort & Spa’s Social Hour is none other than the inimitable Miami musician known as Cleaveland Jones. Don’t be dismayed by the pricey real estate: Social Hour also features half off select drinks and appetizers.
Although the summer is almost in the home stretch, Mayfair Hotel & Spa has decided to launch its Summer Sundays pool parties from 1 p.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday, July 29. Open to the public, the party features music by DJ Ethics, complimentary mini-manicures and 10-minute chair massages provided by the hotel’s Jurlique Spa, pineapple-mint infused water, and suntan lotion. There are boozy specials as well and, just for the kick off, a free welcome mimosa. For $150, you can take shelter in a cabana that comes equipped with Evian water mister, bucket of five domestic beers, iced aromatherapy towels, frozen grapes and two liters of water. Can’t make this one? Fret not; the party takes place every Sunday through Labor Day.
- Velvet Underground: Jewish singles unite on Christmas Eve, hip hop heads south from Nashville, OTC launches happy hour in Brickell
- Velvet Underground: The SLS retrofits iconic 'rubber ducky' for Art Basel, Chris Willis performs at the Eden Roc, and let it snow in Brickell
- Parties, cocktails, concerts and shoes to celebrate Art Basel
- Danish DJs at FDR, Roaring Twenties penthouse party in Brickell, and plenty of pork with Chef Jeremiah in Wynwood
- Robotic 'Bottle Fairies' deliver Champagne, a Peruvian party at HaVen, and a mobile art studio in Wynwood
- Sip Spanish wine, celebrate The Stage's birthday, and preview Italian fashion
- Cocktails for cancer research, a disco cruise and karaoke nights
- Steve Aoki takes over LIV, ballerinas and cocktails plus a few parties for good causes
- Baywatch is back, Booze for boobies and beat the clock Art Walk drink deals
- A new Pincho Factory opens; celebrate the 80s at Tobacco Road