A pair of Sunday afternoon parties launch this weekend in Miami
Think cocktails, food and relaxation
To Be There or Not To Be There
Wrapping up Mad Cat Theatre Company’s 12th season is the world premiere of 'The Hamlet Dog and Pony Show', "a tragedy of errors" told through music and puppetry written by Jessica Farr and occasional Burn Notice star Paul Tei. Opening night kicks off with a party at 7 p.m. and show at 8 p.m. at the Light Box at Goldman Warehouse on Friday, July 27. If you can't get to opening night, the show runs through Aug. 12. Tickets for opening night are $40, including food and drink; thereafter general admission tickets are $30 and students with valid ID pay $15. Buy tickets online at www.madcattheatre.org or ovationtix.com or by calling OvationTix at 866-811-4111.
There is no better BBQ than one that's not at your house, but, rather, at a resplendent hotel Tiki Bar and private beach area where all you have to do is eat, drink and all that jazz. Conveniently, The Palms Hotel & Spa is inviting you over from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. every Sunday through Sept. 30 for their Summer Backyard Burgers & Beers event. Choose from all sorts of burgers, meaty or meatless, plus your choice of sides for $19.95 per adults as well as $5 beer specials.
Jonesing in Bal Harbour
Performing his signature fusion of samba, reggae and soul from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Friday, July 27 at ONE Bal Harbour Resort & Spa’s Social Hour is none other than the inimitable Miami musician known as Cleaveland Jones. Don’t be dismayed by the pricey real estate: Social Hour also features half off select drinks and appetizers.
Although the summer is almost in the home stretch, Mayfair Hotel & Spa has decided to launch its Summer Sundays pool parties from 1 p.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday, July 29. Open to the public, the party features music by DJ Ethics, complimentary mini-manicures and 10-minute chair massages provided by the hotel’s Jurlique Spa, pineapple-mint infused water, and suntan lotion. There are boozy specials as well and, just for the kick off, a free welcome mimosa. For $150, you can take shelter in a cabana that comes equipped with Evian water mister, bucket of five domestic beers, iced aromatherapy towels, frozen grapes and two liters of water. Can’t make this one? Fret not; the party takes place every Sunday through Labor Day.
- Winning and whimsy in Wynwood, high camp at Hyde Beach, and sangria on Sundays
- Boogie down at the Boca Raton Resort & Club with disco legends and Jellybean Benitez
- Radio benefit in Wynwood, Talib Kweli, YoungArts, movies on the sand and National Wine Day
- Fleetwood Mac gets Electric Pickled, vodka & graffiti in the Design District, Persian New Year and lineups at LIV and STORY
- Ringside at E11EVEN, a Marley at Wynwood Yard, Sake Mondays at Katsuya, Yappy Hour at Lique & Jellybean does disco at Boca Resort
- Paint party at Fire & Ice, bike to PAMM, Cinco de Mayo at E11EVEN and Jazz at Wynwood Yard
- Discounted drinks & designer duds, Yandel & Gadiel for free, missing matzo, and an ode to Drake
- Bogie, Bacall @ EDITION, Matoma @ LIV, Tax Day @ Mignonette & Blue Collar, plus Jim Camacho & Jellybean
- Piano playing in Wynwood, Macy's parading at Icon, pop culture on the Gale rooftop & Led Zep yoga @ Anatomy at 1220
- Crab racing & beer in Wynwood, art auctions & pig at The Ritz-Carlton, South Beach