A pair of Sunday afternoon parties launch this weekend in Miami
Think cocktails, food and relaxation
To Be There or Not To Be There
Wrapping up Mad Cat Theatre Company’s 12th season is the world premiere of 'The Hamlet Dog and Pony Show', "a tragedy of errors" told through music and puppetry written by Jessica Farr and occasional Burn Notice star Paul Tei. Opening night kicks off with a party at 7 p.m. and show at 8 p.m. at the Light Box at Goldman Warehouse on Friday, July 27. If you can't get to opening night, the show runs through Aug. 12. Tickets for opening night are $40, including food and drink; thereafter general admission tickets are $30 and students with valid ID pay $15. Buy tickets online at www.madcattheatre.org or ovationtix.com or by calling OvationTix at 866-811-4111.
There is no better BBQ than one that's not at your house, but, rather, at a resplendent hotel Tiki Bar and private beach area where all you have to do is eat, drink and all that jazz. Conveniently, The Palms Hotel & Spa is inviting you over from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. every Sunday through Sept. 30 for their Summer Backyard Burgers & Beers event. Choose from all sorts of burgers, meaty or meatless, plus your choice of sides for $19.95 per adults as well as $5 beer specials.
Jonesing in Bal Harbour
Performing his signature fusion of samba, reggae and soul from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Friday, July 27 at ONE Bal Harbour Resort & Spa’s Social Hour is none other than the inimitable Miami musician known as Cleaveland Jones. Don’t be dismayed by the pricey real estate: Social Hour also features half off select drinks and appetizers.
Although the summer is almost in the home stretch, Mayfair Hotel & Spa has decided to launch its Summer Sundays pool parties from 1 p.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday, July 29. Open to the public, the party features music by DJ Ethics, complimentary mini-manicures and 10-minute chair massages provided by the hotel’s Jurlique Spa, pineapple-mint infused water, and suntan lotion. There are boozy specials as well and, just for the kick off, a free welcome mimosa. For $150, you can take shelter in a cabana that comes equipped with Evian water mister, bucket of five domestic beers, iced aromatherapy towels, frozen grapes and two liters of water. Can’t make this one? Fret not; the party takes place every Sunday through Labor Day.
- Abundant bubbly, a masquerade and Wynwood Radio
- Laugh with Jon Lovitz, dine like a Southerner and have a night at the Coral Gables Museum
- Absolut pool party, Wine Down Wednesdays and Canine Culture
- A Night with Non-Profits, Sweatstock and Dick Dale in Miami
- Classy dinner parties, boozy poetry readings and a gala for the kids
- Late Night menu at Blue Collar, DJ Chino in the 954 and 'Girl Rising'
- Veuve is pouring at Sony Open, SET gets a facelift, and Radio Pop-up Bar serves drinks until August
- Some Irish drinks, some DJ beats and a touch of philanthropy fills the weekend in Miami
- Springtime Octoberfest, Hearts & Stars Gala and Shore Thing pool party
- Film Festival Foodie options, Keith Haring Miami and Sake to Me