Overtown Music Project's 2nd Annual Gospel Brunch
$25 includes red velvet waffles, sweet potato pie & Yardbird's chicken biscuits
245 Northwest 8th Street
Brace yourself for a rousing morning of soul food and song via "One Miami, United," Overtown Music Project's 2nd Annual Gospel Brunch from 11:15 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Saturday, May 19 at the historic Bethel A.M.E. Church in Overtown. On the menu: Yardbird's Mama’s Chicken Biscuits, Miss Vivian's sweet potato pie, red velvet waffles among other things. Tickets are $25 and free for Overtown residents. To purchase, click here.
- David's Cafe on Collins closing after 37 years
- Blackbrick Brings on the Brunch
- Pubbelly introduces PB Fish, a seafood pop-up at PB Steak starting April 8
- AQ by Acqualina, featuring Dewey LoSasso & Hiro's Yakko San
- Mansion morphing into "Miami-style country western line dancing" club with Blue Collar's Danny Serfer serving "large plates"
- Las Olas hot spot American Social opening in ex Waxy O'Connor's space
- Allen Susser's Daily Melt grilling the cheese up in Fort Lauderdale on April 1
- Brewery Ommegang's HopChef competition heads to Miami in April
- Nina Compton cooks at Swine Southern Table & Bar on April 24
- Loba, "Latin spice and Southern Comfort" coming to Biscayne Blvd.