Overtown Music Project’s Superfly at Avenue D. on Saturday
Group brings back Miami originals of funk, soul and R&B
The Overtown Music Project has done it again, this time getting together some local legends of R&B, Funk and Soul music for ‘Superfly, We’re All Fly Together’ from 8 p.m. to midnight on Saturday, July 27 at Avenue D Jazz and Blues (8 S. Miami Ave.).
You’ll hear the sounds of OSG Old Skool Gang, Austin Paul, DJ Carmel Ophir, Betty Padgett, Komakozie, The Joey Gilmore Band and Jimmy Bo Horne.
If you were anywhere near a club in the late 1970s, you probably heard Jimmie "Bo" Horne and his positively charged and exceptionally catchy dance jams. Floor-fillers like "Gimme Some", "Get Happy", "Dance Across The Floor", "Spank" and "You Get Me Hot" had you shaking your booty all night long and leaving the discotheque with a big smile on your face.
There is free street parking with valet available and discounted garage parking with validation. General admission is $50 — or $75 with a limited edition event T-shirt. VIP tickets are $100 which includes access to lower tier seating on a first come first served basis. VIP also has a private cash bar. The VIP $125 ticket includes that T-shirt. Drinks provided by Miami Club Rum.
For more info, visit overtownmusicproject.org or avenuedjazz.com
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Questlove spin session, Florida Derby fancy hat brunch, Spoken Soul, and more
- Miami Soul: Pre-Jazz in the Gardens weekend guide
- Miami Soul: R. Kelly, Toni Braxton, Maxwell, & Erykah Badu Headline 10th Annual Jazz in the Gardens
- Miami Soul Going Out Guide: Our Family Dinner, The Color Purple stage play, Redman & Talib Kweli live, and more
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Women's Innovation Brunch, Carib Film Fest, Delta Sigma Theta Red Shoe Luncheon, and more
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Ankara Miami African Fashion Week, Alvin Ailey Dance Theater, Big Night in Little Haiti, and more
- Techies, Innovators Converge in Miami for Black Tech Week February 23 - 28
- Miami Soul weekend guide: 9 Mile Music Festival, Jazz & Love Concert, Purvis Young Opening Reception, and more
- Miami Soul: Black History Month 2015 Celebrations around South Florida
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Super Bowl weekend fun