OTC to pour, pair Funky Buddha's Maple Bacon Coffee Porter
Here's a chance to do something just about every beer geek in the country wants to do
Monday, Jan 27 from 4-8pm
1250 S. Miami Ave, Miami
Here's a chance to do something just about every beer geek in the country wants to do: Have a glass (or two) of the rare and highly rated Maple Bacon Coffee Porter.
The beer, brewed with maple syrup, coffee and -- to evoke a bacon flavor -- smoked malts, helped put South Florida's Funky Buddha Brewery on the worldwide craft beer map.
The brewery had a big release party for the new batch of Maple Bacon Coffee Porter this month. But, if you're like me, you missed it and have been whining about it every since.
OTC restaurant in Brickell (1250 S. Miami Ave.) got its paws on two kegs of this must-try porter. It will be pouring the brew on one night only: Monday, during happy hour from 4 to 8 p.m.
OTC chef Jacob Anaya has added a new menu item, coffee-rubbed steak sliders, to pair with Maple Bacon Coffee Porter. The sliders have enough spice to counter the beer's maple sweetness, and enough meaty flavor to complement the beer's smoky side.
OTC's happy hour also includes 50 percent off certain beers and wines as well as discounted food. Call 305-374-4612 for more information.
- New chef, hot-stone concept at Seasalt & Pepper
- NY-based Quality Meats to open Miami Beach steakhouse
- Miami's rising culinary stars: 30 Under 30
- Michelle Bernstein to pop up at Art Basel 2014
- The List: Rocco's Tacos' Rocco Mangel
- For Michael Mina's ninja-chef, freaking out is not an option
- Thanksgiving 2014: South Florida Dining Guide
- Chef Brad Kilgore to open Alter restaurant in Wynwood
- Secretive "Dîner en Blanc" coming in December
- SooWoo to sling late-night noodles, weekend dim sum in South Beach