OTC to pour, pair Funky Buddha's Maple Bacon Coffee Porter
Here's a chance to do something just about every beer geek in the country wants to do
Monday, Jan 27 from 4-8pm
1250 S. Miami Ave, Miami
Here's a chance to do something just about every beer geek in the country wants to do: Have a glass (or two) of the rare and highly rated Maple Bacon Coffee Porter.
The beer, brewed with maple syrup, coffee and -- to evoke a bacon flavor -- smoked malts, helped put South Florida's Funky Buddha Brewery on the worldwide craft beer map.
The brewery had a big release party for the new batch of Maple Bacon Coffee Porter this month. But, if you're like me, you missed it and have been whining about it every since.
OTC restaurant in Brickell (1250 S. Miami Ave.) got its paws on two kegs of this must-try porter. It will be pouring the brew on one night only: Monday, during happy hour from 4 to 8 p.m.
OTC chef Jacob Anaya has added a new menu item, coffee-rubbed steak sliders, to pair with Maple Bacon Coffee Porter. The sliders have enough spice to counter the beer's maple sweetness, and enough meaty flavor to complement the beer's smoky side.
OTC's happy hour also includes 50 percent off certain beers and wines as well as discounted food. Call 305-374-4612 for more information.
- Miami's Best Pizza to close after 44 years in Coral Gables
- Miami food to star on Bravo's 'Best New Restaurant'
- What's the Best? 5 Miami Coffee Shops
- Truffles and caviar on menu at Haven craft beer dinner in Miami Beach
- Interactive brunch benefits United Way of Miami-Dade
- Scott Conant of Scarpetta to open restaurant in Turnberry Isle in Aventura
- Zuma partners to open Tamarina restaurant in Miami
- Sesame Street adventures, character storytime & freebie fun: Munchkin Fun's top weekly picks
- Tapas and beer for $20 this month in Miami
- What's the Best? Five Spots for Late-Night Food in Miami