OTC to pour, pair Funky Buddha's Maple Bacon Coffee Porter
Here's a chance to do something just about every beer geek in the country wants to do
Monday, Jan 27 from 4-8pm
1250 S. Miami Ave, Miami
Here's a chance to do something just about every beer geek in the country wants to do: Have a glass (or two) of the rare and highly rated Maple Bacon Coffee Porter.
The beer, brewed with maple syrup, coffee and -- to evoke a bacon flavor -- smoked malts, helped put South Florida's Funky Buddha Brewery on the worldwide craft beer map.
The brewery had a big release party for the new batch of Maple Bacon Coffee Porter this month. But, if you're like me, you missed it and have been whining about it every since.
OTC restaurant in Brickell (1250 S. Miami Ave.) got its paws on two kegs of this must-try porter. It will be pouring the brew on one night only: Monday, during happy hour from 4 to 8 p.m.
OTC chef Jacob Anaya has added a new menu item, coffee-rubbed steak sliders, to pair with Maple Bacon Coffee Porter. The sliders have enough spice to counter the beer's maple sweetness, and enough meaty flavor to complement the beer's smoky side.
OTC's happy hour also includes 50 percent off certain beers and wines as well as discounted food. Call 305-374-4612 for more information.
- St. Louis-based Pi Pizzeria opening this year in South Beach
- What's the Best? 5 Great Carpaccios
- New-look AltaMare toasts summer with a new happy hour
- Jumbo's closes after 59-year run in Miami's Liberty City
- Ho Wang closes in Surfside; kosher BBQ joint to take its place
- The List: Eating around Miami with Tongue & Cheek's Jamie DeRosa
- Big shucking scallops at Oceanaire in Miami this weekend
- Treat yourself to Sushi Samba & a movie July 22
- Big Pink gets bigger: Miami Beach-themed burgers added to menu
- Cantina la Veinte debuts at Icon Brickell July 28