OTC to pour, pair Funky Buddha's Maple Bacon Coffee Porter
Here's a chance to do something just about every beer geek in the country wants to do
Here's a chance to do something just about every beer geek in the country wants to do: Have a glass (or two) of the rare and highly rated Maple Bacon Coffee Porter.
The beer, brewed with maple syrup, coffee and -- to evoke a bacon flavor -- smoked malts, helped put South Florida's Funky Buddha Brewery on the worldwide craft beer map.
The brewery had a big release party for the new batch of Maple Bacon Coffee Porter this month. But, if you're like me, you missed it and have been whining about it every since.
OTC restaurant in Brickell (1250 S. Miami Ave.) got its paws on two kegs of this must-try porter. It will be pouring the brew on one night only: Monday, during happy hour from 4 to 8 p.m.
OTC chef Jacob Anaya has added a new menu item, coffee-rubbed steak sliders, to pair with Maple Bacon Coffee Porter. The sliders have enough spice to counter the beer's maple sweetness, and enough meaty flavor to complement the beer's smoky side.
OTC's happy hour also includes 50 percent off certain beers and wines as well as discounted food. Call 305-374-4612 for more information.
Monday, Jan 27 from 4-8pm
1250 S. Miami Ave, Miami
- Where to eat great food, drink great wine and beer — and raise money
- Why the Hungry Black Man makes juice bar his pick of the week
- What this 'hungry black man' did after a 'dining while black' experience
- Taste Chinese, Mexican and Japanese in one bite — for one night only
- A vegetarian gastropub? It's coming to (where else?) South Beach
- Where you can taste a prize-winning doughnut in Miami
- These are Miami's most popular brunch spots, says Yelp
- Pollo Tropical wants you to cheat — on your chicken
- Three perfect words: Free chocolate croissants
- Burgers and beer in Brickell on National Cheeseburger Day