OTC to pour, pair Funky Buddha's Maple Bacon Coffee Porter
Here's a chance to do something just about every beer geek in the country wants to do
Monday, Jan 27 from 4-8pm
1250 S. Miami Ave, Miami
Here's a chance to do something just about every beer geek in the country wants to do: Have a glass (or two) of the rare and highly rated Maple Bacon Coffee Porter.
The beer, brewed with maple syrup, coffee and -- to evoke a bacon flavor -- smoked malts, helped put South Florida's Funky Buddha Brewery on the worldwide craft beer map.
The brewery had a big release party for the new batch of Maple Bacon Coffee Porter this month. But, if you're like me, you missed it and have been whining about it every since.
OTC restaurant in Brickell (1250 S. Miami Ave.) got its paws on two kegs of this must-try porter. It will be pouring the brew on one night only: Monday, during happy hour from 4 to 8 p.m.
OTC chef Jacob Anaya has added a new menu item, coffee-rubbed steak sliders, to pair with Maple Bacon Coffee Porter. The sliders have enough spice to counter the beer's maple sweetness, and enough meaty flavor to complement the beer's smoky side.
OTC's happy hour also includes 50 percent off certain beers and wines as well as discounted food. Call 305-374-4612 for more information.
- KLIMA Restaurant and Bar opens in South Beach
- Two ethnic eateries close in South Beach
- French-style Brasserie Azur moving in to midtown Miami
- Get a free iced coffee at South Florida Dunkin' Donuts on March 9
- Have Brunch in the Garden with Les Dames and top chefs
- Stache hosts bourbon dinner in Fort Lauderdale
- Michael Schwartz to open new Miami Design District café: Ella
- The List: Where Buns & Buns' Alex Zibi eats around Miami
- Tom Colicchio's top chef in Miami has South Florida roots
- The List: BC Tacos' Brett Chiavari