Oscar Fashion Predictions with Jaimie Hilfiger
Bright hues, cutting edge couture and sultry makeup might make the red carpet
For fashionistas and trendsetters Sunday’s Oscars are major. We chatted up model and style maven Jaimie Hilfiger, the daughter of Tommy Hilfiger on her Oscar fashion predictions. Read on to see who she thinks will be the best dressed to what leading ladies and gents will be donning on the red carpet.
What trends can we expect to see for dresses?
Since stars took it down a notch at the Golden Globes, donning light hues and lady-like silhouettes, my Oscar prediction is going to be bright hues and cutting-edge couture.
As far as jewelry, what are A-listers going to be donning?
Pieces from the 1920s through the 1950s will be playing a big role on the carpet this year. I expect to see a lot of chandelier earrings and cuffs on Sunday.
With makeup and hair, what styles will be the look du jour? The look of the moment, I see is understated hair and sultry makeup with a gorgeous glow.
What celebs are going to make the best-dressed list? My best-dressed list predictions are going to be Michelle Williams, Viola Davis and I am pulling for newcomer Shailene Woodley.
Last, what can we expect from the guys? In a way, the guys have it easy: the classic black tuxedo with bowtie or long tie.
- Florida band Anberlin says goodbye at Vans Warped Tour
- Mad Decent Block Party tour kicks off in Fort Lauderdale
- Go Drink This: SushiSamba's Pisco Sour
- Exclusive: The historic Ball and Chain bar and live music venue returns to Little Havana in September
- Velvet Underground: The Stage welcomes Big Sam's Funky Nation for 'Soulfest Weekend' plus more poolside fashion flows at Fifty Miami
- Keep the party going after the sun sets on Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim in Miami
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - July 18 - 20
- Svedka Vodka challenges bartenders nationwide to compete in the first annual Svedka Shakedown in Miami Beach
- Velvet Underground: A daytime salute to Overtown with music and art and Swim Week cascades through South Beach
- Nicole Moudaber brings her sounds to Space on Saturday