Oscar Fashion Predictions with Jaimie Hilfiger
Bright hues, cutting edge couture and sultry makeup might make the red carpet
For fashionistas and trendsetters Sunday’s Oscars are major. We chatted up model and style maven Jaimie Hilfiger, the daughter of Tommy Hilfiger on her Oscar fashion predictions. Read on to see who she thinks will be the best dressed to what leading ladies and gents will be donning on the red carpet.
What trends can we expect to see for dresses?
Since stars took it down a notch at the Golden Globes, donning light hues and lady-like silhouettes, my Oscar prediction is going to be bright hues and cutting-edge couture.
As far as jewelry, what are A-listers going to be donning?
Pieces from the 1920s through the 1950s will be playing a big role on the carpet this year. I expect to see a lot of chandelier earrings and cuffs on Sunday.
With makeup and hair, what styles will be the look du jour? The look of the moment, I see is understated hair and sultry makeup with a gorgeous glow.
What celebs are going to make the best-dressed list? My best-dressed list predictions are going to be Michelle Williams, Viola Davis and I am pulling for newcomer Shailene Woodley.
Last, what can we expect from the guys? In a way, the guys have it easy: the classic black tuxedo with bowtie or long tie.
- Tonight: 'Bourbon & Beats' at Radio Bar in South Beach with hard-to-find Pappy Van Winkle 15-year
- Velvet Underground: The World Golf Championships hits Doral, MO Bar + Lounge opens at the Mandarin Oriental with cocktails by Angelo Vieira, OTC's Jacob Anaya cooks up a feast with Wynwood Brewing Co., and the Oscars of drag at Score
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - March 7 - 9
- Miami DJs unite for a Sunday party series at Will Call debuting on the anniversary of Biggie Smalls' death
- SushiSamba celebrates Brazil's Carnaval on Lincoln Road and in Coral Gables on Tuesday night with live samba dancing, batucada drummers, DJs and specialty cocktails
- Coming soon to Wynwood: a craft beer bar called KUSH
- Velvet Underground: Spa party at the Viceroy, Chaos Cooking comes to Miami, Spam Allstars drop a new album, and Sunday funday at The Broken Shaker
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Feb. 28 - March 2
- Beloved South Beach DJ Mark Leventhal dies at 50 after nearly one month in the hospital
- Miami native Blake Lee to appear in ABC's new sitcom ‘Mixology’