The Original Miami Beach Antique Show
Bust out your heirlooms and haul them to Miami Beach for the Original Miami Beach Antique Show.
Miami Beach Antique Show at the Miami Beach Convention Center, 1901 Convention Center Dr., Miami Beach
Noon-8 p.m., Jan. 31-Feb. 3 and noon-6 p.m. on Feb. 4. Admission fee is $20 to attend all four days.
Antiques will abound on Miami Beach this weekend (insert snowbird joke here) as the Original Miami Beach Antique Show returns to the Miami Beach Convention Center for its 52nd go-round
The event gathers 900 established dealers from 22 different countries with items ranging from 17th-19th Century furniture, American and European silver to exquisite time pieces and Art Deco treasures. The Show is must-attend for serious collectors, museum curators, gallery owners and anyone with an interest in antiques and history.
But if what interests you is knowing how much Aunt Bertha's old place settings are going for, haul out the heirlooms and swing by Saturday or Sunday for Appraisal Day from noon-5 p.m. Free valuations will be done by WorthPoint, a leading online resource for item valuation and reference. They will be using the latest technology to give participants insight into the value of their antiques and tips on how best to preserve, buy and sell antiques. Attendees can bring one item for valuation by a Worthologist, a WorthPoint subject-matter expert.
The weekend will be replete with lectures by designers and experts including leading antique clock expert Joseph "JC" Cohen and Elyse Zorn Karlin, co-director of the Association for the Study of Jewelry & Related Arts.
See and Do
- Bayfront Park hosts tree lighting event to kick off holiday season
- Momix will perform and teach a master class at Broward Center
- 17 Fun Things to Do This Holiday Week: Nov 23-29
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Nov. 20-22
- ‘Newsies’ dances its way back to South Florida with a charming leading man
- Some Miami Book Fair events of note (in a weekend of hundreds)
- Miami Book Fair, a literary cornucopia, kicks off
- Give Miami Day, Nov. 19, is a chance to support Miami charities
- 15 things to do with the kids this week: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Nov. 13-15