The Original Miami Beach Antique Show
Bust out your heirlooms and haul them to Miami Beach for the Original Miami Beach Antique Show.
Miami Beach Antique Show at the Miami Beach Convention Center, 1901 Convention Center Dr., Miami Beach
Noon-8 p.m., Jan. 31-Feb. 3 and noon-6 p.m. on Feb. 4. Admission fee is $20 to attend all four days.
Antiques will abound on Miami Beach this weekend (insert snowbird joke here) as the Original Miami Beach Antique Show returns to the Miami Beach Convention Center for its 52nd go-round
The event gathers 900 established dealers from 22 different countries with items ranging from 17th-19th Century furniture, American and European silver to exquisite time pieces and Art Deco treasures. The Show is must-attend for serious collectors, museum curators, gallery owners and anyone with an interest in antiques and history.
But if what interests you is knowing how much Aunt Bertha's old place settings are going for, haul out the heirlooms and swing by Saturday or Sunday for Appraisal Day from noon-5 p.m. Free valuations will be done by WorthPoint, a leading online resource for item valuation and reference. They will be using the latest technology to give participants insight into the value of their antiques and tips on how best to preserve, buy and sell antiques. Attendees can bring one item for valuation by a Worthologist, a WorthPoint subject-matter expert.
The weekend will be replete with lectures by designers and experts including leading antique clock expert Joseph "JC" Cohen and Elyse Zorn Karlin, co-director of the Association for the Study of Jewelry & Related Arts.
See and Do
- Holiday parades, princess parties & a local gift guide: Munchkin Fun's top weekly picks
- Borscht Film Festival spurs a Miami filmmaking boom
- Holiday events in Miami
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Dec. 12-14
- Outré Theatre makes its move to Fort Lauderdale with ‘Othello’
- Cirque du Soleil brings its fem-centric show, 'Amaluna,' to Sun Life Stadium
- Seminole Hard Rock Winterfest Boat Parade floats into Broward this Saturday
- Holiday dance, theater and music favorites to make the season merry
- ‘Book of Mormon’ walks its fine line, this time at the Arsht Center
- Princess parties, superheroes & gingerbread houses: Munchkin Fun's Top picks for Dec 8-12