Original Miami Beach Antique Show
Miami Beach will be flooded with antiques this weekend - and no, we are not talking about retirees.
The Original Miami Beach Antique Show
Feb. 3-6, noon-7 p.m.; Feb. 8, noon-6 p.m.
Miami Beach Convention Center, 1901 Convention Center Dr., Miami Beach; for more information 239-732-6642 or www.originalmiamibeachantiqueshow.com.
Miami is a relatively young town so finding good cast offs is tough, unless you are into the '80s Italian laquered look that was so popular. If you want to get your hands on some real antiques (no, Lladro figurines don't count) to give your decor a little sass, then head over to the Miami Beach Convention Center for the 2011 Original Miami Beach Antique Show.
This year marks the fiftieth anniversary of the show, which brings together dealers from 22 countries offering buyers a selection of rare and unusual items from all over the world. Museum quality pieces (AKA stuff you probably can't afford) to be exhibited include pieces by Auguste Rodin, Emile Gaugin and Japanese Satsuma Kinkozan.
Dust off your own relics to see if they have maintained their value over the years at Saturday's Appraisal Day, where attendees can get free appraisals from the experts.
Show hours are from noon to 8 p.m. from February 3-6 and noon to 6 p.m. on February 7. Admission fee is only $15 to attend all five days of the show. Miami Beach Convention Center, 1901 Convention Center Dr., Miami Beach; for more information 239-732-6642 or www.originalmiamibeachantiqueshow.com.
See and Do
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - July 3-5
- Miami Events - July 2015
- July 4, Kids Eat Free: Munchkin Fun's top picks June 29 - July 5
- Seven options for a date night in Miami with no time to waste
- 10 Things to Do on July 4
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - June 27-29
- Florida Supercon celebrates 10 years of geeking out
- Fourth of July guide: Where to watch fireworks in South Florida on July 4
- Munchkin Fun's top picks for family fun June 22-28
- Carlos Mencia headlines at the Ultimate Miami Comedian at Magic City Casino