Original Miami Beach Antique Show
Miami Beach will be flooded with antiques this weekend - and no, we are not talking about retirees.
Miami is a relatively young town so finding good cast offs is tough, unless you are into the '80s Italian laquered look that was so popular. If you want to get your hands on some real antiques (no, Lladro figurines don't count) to give your decor a little sass, then head over to the Miami Beach Convention Center for the 2011 Original Miami Beach Antique Show.
This year marks the fiftieth anniversary of the show, which brings together dealers from 22 countries offering buyers a selection of rare and unusual items from all over the world. Museum quality pieces (AKA stuff you probably can't afford) to be exhibited include pieces by Auguste Rodin, Emile Gaugin and Japanese Satsuma Kinkozan.
Dust off your own relics to see if they have maintained their value over the years at Saturday's Appraisal Day, where attendees can get free appraisals from the experts.
Show hours are from noon to 8 p.m. from February 3-6 and noon to 6 p.m. on February 7. Admission fee is only $15 to attend all five days of the show. Miami Beach Convention Center, 1901 Convention Center Dr., Miami Beach; for more information 239-732-6642 or www.originalmiamibeachantiqueshow.com.
The Original Miami Beach Antique Show
Feb. 3-6, noon-7 p.m.; Feb. 8, noon-6 p.m.
Miami Beach Convention Center, 1901 Convention Center Dr., Miami Beach; for more information 239-732-6642 or www.originalmiamibeachantiqueshow.com.
See and Do
- Free and cheap events in Miami this weekend
- 6 Best Things To Do Inside in Miami When It's Hot as Balls Outside
- Miami Bike Paths Guide
- Planning Your Girlfriend Getaway in Miami
- Five ways to punish Miami drivers who keep plowing through the poles to get to the I-95 express lanes
- 15 cultural events in Miami you can't miss - June 16-30
- 13 hot events in Miami in July 2016
- Fourth of July Guide: Where to watch fireworks in South Florida on July 4
- Five reasons you should dress like an early 20th century Irishman on Bloomsday
- Top 4 events during Irie Weekend