Original Burger & Beer owner launches Epicurator, "the ultimate collection of food porn"
Free IOS app available Friday, July 12
A mashup of Instagram, Yelp and Foodspotting, Epicurator, launching Friday, July 12, is a free mobile app in which users can upload food and drink pix, rate them on a scale from "Blegh" to "Foodgasm", share them, praise them, categorize them, explore them, and, do this all over the world. The more recommendations you make, the higher up you go on the app's leaderboard of Epicurators.
Co-founded by original Burger & Beer Joint owner Buzzy Sklar, the app, he says, is an intuitive diner-focused experience. 'Really amazing food is meant to be shared and we want to simplify the way you discover food. We want Epicurator to the ultimate collection of food porn that will [sic] wet your appetite."
Among the app's features:
• A simple UI making it easy to visually search through dishes
• pinch and zoom feature for a detailed view of images and a double-‐click like feature
• restaurant info page featuring menus, pricing, addresses, driving directions, phone numbers, dish ratings, hours of
operations and links websites
• over 400,000 real restaurant menus, for easy to label and simple ordering when you find a dish you fancy
• geolocation features to discover restaurants both near and far
• gamification features and leaderboard to compete with friends
• and easy sharing to Facebook and Twitter
To start starving your friends' Instagram timelines of all your fabulous foodstuffs, download the app Friday here.
- Wynwood Diner opening in March
- Chef Jeremiah opening in Aventura Mall & joining Grant Achatz's restaurant rez system Tock
- BREAKING: Hedy Goldsmith leaving The Genuine Hospitality Group, relocating to LA
- STK's 'more accessible' sibling STK Rebel opening in downtown Miami
- Crumb on Parchment alum Nicole Votano tapped as Fooq's executive chef
- Chef Art Smith is giving away #101GayWeddings at James Royal Palm during #SOBEWFF
- Lucky Strike bowling lanes on Miami Beach closes; Trader Joe's moving in?
- Armadillo Cafe to open in Boca Raton
- New taco shop to open Dec. 29 in Miami Beach
- STK Miami opening delayed after sprinkler accident causes extensive damage