Organic Nail Salon Opens in Coral Gables
Discover GLOSS Nail Bar — an organic nail spa boasting an all-organic product line with over 100 polishes, body lotions and more.
Allow us to parlay a salon that’s nailing it (pardon the pun) on all levels: GLOSS Nail Bar. The newly opened Coral Gables-based nail bar is taking measures to keep nails healthy, strong and chemical-free with its eco-friendly and organic products and services.
GLOSS Nail Bar’s Owner Sandra Weir knows it’s good to be green. In fact, it’s her obsession with au naturel ingredients which prompted the genesis of the nail spa. The truth be told, it wasn’t until her teenage daughter started to frequent nail salons and suffered from dry, brittle nails as a result, that Weir took an interest in salons’ beauty product ingredients. Lotions, nail polishes, scrubs — each seemed to be comprised of harmful chemicals and toxins. Weir sought out salons with natural alternatives, but found these were non-existent in Miami. The lack of organic and healthier options prompted Weir to take matters into her own hands, and GLOSS Nail Bar was born.
Prices for services range from $15 to $60. Nail options aside, you’ll find facials, deep tissue massages, brow shaping and lash tinting (with prices ranging from $20 to $35) and waxing (with prices ranging from $20 to $70) on the spa menu using Nufree, a vegan, soy-based, botanical product.
And did we mention the spa is utopian and plushy? Replete with Mid-century Modern furnishings, soft lighting, lustrous floors, neutral hues, gauzy curtains and mirrored walls — this spot is the very definition of eco chic.
- History Meets Home Décor at Bonnin Ashley
- Gee Beauty at Your Doorstep
- Like Father, Like Son: Le Club Swimwear
- Vanity Projects Hosts Night of Fashion and Art
- Father’s Day Gift Guide 2015
- Diane von Furstenberg Opens New Boutique
- Chic Fitness Brand ALALA Debuts at Six:02
- Meet Versona, Miami’s New One-Stop Shop for Style
- Stretch Zone Mixes Up the Fitness Game
- Summer Fun 2015: Your guide to men’s and women’s fashion in Miami this summer