Organic, healthy & locally grown eats at Green Table in Coral Gables
Feast on organic, healthy & locally grown eats at Green Table in Coral Gables
The next freshest thing to driving to the Redland and picking your own produce may be Coral Gables’ Green Table, which tosses salads with locally grown greens and serves only organic chicken and grass-fed beef.
Step around the Community Supported Agriculture boxes of eggs, veggies and honey waiting outside the door every Saturday to be picked up by CSA members and sink your teeth into juicy, well-seasoned grilled portobello mushrooms with carrot-studded brown rice, sautéed peppers sprinkled with sesame seeds and cilantro aioli for dipping.
You can perch on stools inside the teeny space, once occupied by Whisk, or order takeout, which comes in sturdy brown boxes. The meatloaf, chunky with black olives, carrots and onions, was still warm when we got it home. Snappy green beans and rustic mashed potatoes surrounded the large slice of ground beef, gussied up with merlot gravy.
A sophisticated olive vinaigrette sets apart the Greek salad, with just the right mix of greens, feta, tomato, red onions, cucumbers and olives. The blue burger, 8 ounces of grass-fed beef topped with caramelized onions and (not enough) blue cheese, came on a delicious brioche bun.
The brother-sister team behind this 1-year-old restaurant has found its niche jazzing up healthy food with raita and lively aioli (chipotle, cilantro-spinach) and festooning quinoa with fruits and nuts.
Green Table Artisan Kitchen & Bistro
4702 S. Le Jeune Rd, Coral Gables
Hours: 8am-5pm Monday-Friday, 11:30am-4pm Saturday
Prices: Appetizers $3.95-$6.95, sandwiches and burgers $8.95-$15.95, entrees $12.95-$14.95
FYI: Delivery available to Coral Gables and Coconut Grove
- Aventura Mall's Bloomingdale’s cafe offers a break from shopping craze
- Makis Place adds more sushi to the Grove
- Bite into grab-and-go gourmet at Fort Lauderdale's Rumi
- Pao Town brings Asian street food to Coral Gables
- Stay in with homey Colombian fare from Davie's La Placita
- Stay in with grilled cheese from Mr. Cheezious
- Stay in with healthy fast food at Fort Lauderdale's Energy Kitchen
- BBQ, margaritas and music await at Brother Jimmy's in South Miami
- Agave Mexican serves Mexican fusion in Deerfield Beach
- Hallandale’s HomeTown Buffet is a buffet bonanza