The Orange Bowl happens tonight at LandShark Stadium, pitting the No. 10 Hawkeyes against No. 9 Georgia Tech.
Dan Marino Blvd
By Solange Reyner
It's the dreaded triple-option vs. Big-10 foe Iowa, and it's all taking place in our backyard. The Orange Bowl happens tonight at LandShark Stadium, pitting the No. 10 Hawkeyes against No. 9 Georgia Tech.
The Big-10 has had a nice run in bowl games this post-season so far (wins by Ohio State, Wisconsin, Penn State), but expect the Yellow Jackets to give them lots o' trouble. Georgia Tech is second in the nation in rushing (307.15 yards per game), and have plenty of options on offense - dual threat quarterback Josh Nesbitt has 1,689 yards through the air and 1,141 on the ground, b-back Jonathan Dwyer has 1,377 rushing yards, and receiver Demaryius Thomas is averaging 88.8 yards per game.
Not much into football? Well, there's plenty of tailgating taking place right now at the Stadium where Smash Mouth is performing.
Tickets are still available for the FedEx Orange Bowl - looking for tailgate tix only? Those are $20 at the door.
See and Do
- Russian pianist plays Wynwood on Friday
- Third Thursdays at Perez Art Museum Miami brings music and drinks
- Memorial Day Weekend Events - 2015
- Haitian Book Fair to celebrate Caribbean culture for 3rd year
- Annie, Open Play & Freebie Fun: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks for Memorial Day Week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - May 15-17
- Haitian Compas Festival encores at Sun Life Stadium with System Band and many more
- Siempre Flamenco hosts Cafe Cantante at the South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center
- The Rhythm Foundation's Dance Band Night kicks off with The French Horn
- What if Works presents Chekhov's 'The Cherry Orchard'