The Orange Bowl happens tonight at LandShark Stadium, pitting the No. 10 Hawkeyes against No. 9 Georgia Tech.
Dan Marino Blvd
By Solange Reyner
It's the dreaded triple-option vs. Big-10 foe Iowa, and it's all taking place in our backyard. The Orange Bowl happens tonight at LandShark Stadium, pitting the No. 10 Hawkeyes against No. 9 Georgia Tech.
The Big-10 has had a nice run in bowl games this post-season so far (wins by Ohio State, Wisconsin, Penn State), but expect the Yellow Jackets to give them lots o' trouble. Georgia Tech is second in the nation in rushing (307.15 yards per game), and have plenty of options on offense - dual threat quarterback Josh Nesbitt has 1,689 yards through the air and 1,141 on the ground, b-back Jonathan Dwyer has 1,377 rushing yards, and receiver Demaryius Thomas is averaging 88.8 yards per game.
Not much into football? Well, there's plenty of tailgating taking place right now at the Stadium where Smash Mouth is performing.
Tickets are still available for the FedEx Orange Bowl - looking for tailgate tix only? Those are $20 at the door.
See and Do
- What to do with kids in Miami May 20-26
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - May 17-19
- Ten Years of Cubalibre Block Party
- 'The Fox on the Fairway' at Actors' Playhouse in Coral Gables scores with laughs
- What to do with kids in Miami May 13-19
- Bill Cosby, at Hard Rock Sunday, talks about TV, racism and life
- ‘War Horse’ casts a simple yet powerful spell
- ‘Memphis’ cast shows vocal chops
- Create-A-Skate at the Museum of Discovery and Science
- 'War Horse' gallops into the South Florida this week