The Orange Bowl happens tonight at LandShark Stadium, pitting the No. 10 Hawkeyes against No. 9 Georgia Tech.
Dan Marino Blvd
By Solange Reyner
It's the dreaded triple-option vs. Big-10 foe Iowa, and it's all taking place in our backyard. The Orange Bowl happens tonight at LandShark Stadium, pitting the No. 10 Hawkeyes against No. 9 Georgia Tech.
The Big-10 has had a nice run in bowl games this post-season so far (wins by Ohio State, Wisconsin, Penn State), but expect the Yellow Jackets to give them lots o' trouble. Georgia Tech is second in the nation in rushing (307.15 yards per game), and have plenty of options on offense - dual threat quarterback Josh Nesbitt has 1,689 yards through the air and 1,141 on the ground, b-back Jonathan Dwyer has 1,377 rushing yards, and receiver Demaryius Thomas is averaging 88.8 yards per game.
Not much into football? Well, there's plenty of tailgating taking place right now at the Stadium where Smash Mouth is performing.
Tickets are still available for the FedEx Orange Bowl - looking for tailgate tix only? Those are $20 at the door.
See and Do
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - April 17-19
- Miami Science Museum hosts annual Galaxy Gala and Big Bang fundraiser
- Dennis Watkins brings magic back to the Arsht in ‘The Magnificents’
- South Beach Comedy Festival celebrates a decade of jokes
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - April 10-12
- Tortuga Festival returns to Fort Lauderdale with Kenny Chesney and more
- South Beach Comedy Festival celebrates one decade of jokes
- Top 5 things to do at Miami Beach Gay Pride
- Miami Riverday Festival celebrates the Miami River's storied past
- Miami’s Mad Cat causes ‘Earthquake’ at Comedy Fest