The Orange Bowl happens tonight at LandShark Stadium, pitting the No. 10 Hawkeyes against No. 9 Georgia Tech.
Dan Marino Blvd
By Solange Reyner
It's the dreaded triple-option vs. Big-10 foe Iowa, and it's all taking place in our backyard. The Orange Bowl happens tonight at LandShark Stadium, pitting the No. 10 Hawkeyes against No. 9 Georgia Tech.
The Big-10 has had a nice run in bowl games this post-season so far (wins by Ohio State, Wisconsin, Penn State), but expect the Yellow Jackets to give them lots o' trouble. Georgia Tech is second in the nation in rushing (307.15 yards per game), and have plenty of options on offense - dual threat quarterback Josh Nesbitt has 1,689 yards through the air and 1,141 on the ground, b-back Jonathan Dwyer has 1,377 rushing yards, and receiver Demaryius Thomas is averaging 88.8 yards per game.
Not much into football? Well, there's plenty of tailgating taking place right now at the Stadium where Smash Mouth is performing.
Tickets are still available for the FedEx Orange Bowl - looking for tailgate tix only? Those are $20 at the door.
See and Do
- Yoga del Barrio comes to jugofresh
- Earth Day, spring parties, egg hunts and Munchkin Fun's 10 other fun things to do this week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - April 11-13
- Egg hunts and photo ops for Easter 2014
- Miami Beach Gay Pride takes over South Beach this weekend
- Choreographer Trey McIntyre brings community and artistic inspiration from Boise to Miami
- Deering Estate Festival of the Arts offers three days of events
- Heineken TransAtlantic Festival trae excelencia rockera a Miami Beach
- Heineken Transatlantic Festival brings global sounds to Miami
- PhilanthroFest Outdoor Festival returns to Wolfson Campus