Optic Nerve Film Festival 14 takes place Friday at Museum of Contemporary Art
Annual festival of short films and videos returns
Cinematic artfulness exudes from The Museum of Contemporary Art at 7 p.m. and 9 p.m. Friday, Sept. 14 via Optic Nerve 14, its annual festival of short films and videos by artists.
The 14th rendition of this popular event will feature 16 innovative films all less than five minutes in length. Following the 7 p.m. screening, MOCA Executive Director and Chief Curator Bonnie Clearwater will announce which one of the films will be purchased for the museum’s permanent collection. Audience members will also vote for their favorite film by ballot.
A reception will be held between the 7 p.m. and 9 p.m. screenings with complimentary wines by Rex Goliath and cocktails provided by Zignum Mezcal. Admission is free to museum members and $5 for adults, $3 for seniors and students with ID. For reservations, call 305-893-6211 or go to www.mocanomi.org.
Museum of Contemporary Art
770 NE 125th St., Miami
See and Do
- Ultimate Guide to Broward County Museums
- Ultimate Guide to Miami's Museums
- Are you ready for a Miami art festival celebrating nudity and eroticism?
- 7 museums to visit during Miami Museum Month
- 5 Reasons to go to Wynwood Life
- O, Miami poetry shows up in local food
- Wynwood Art Walk moves to a larger street for monthly event in Miami
- 6 ways to tap into the Miami-London love affair
- Ayikodans offers a prayer in the form of dance for its sixth season at the Arsht Center
- 7 best bets for live music this weekend