Optic Nerve Film Festival 14 takes place Friday at Museum of Contemporary Art
Annual festival of short films and videos returns
Museum of Contemporary Art
770 NE 125th St., Miami
Cinematic artfulness exudes from The Museum of Contemporary Art at 7 p.m. and 9 p.m. Friday, Sept. 14 via Optic Nerve 14, its annual festival of short films and videos by artists.
The 14th rendition of this popular event will feature 16 innovative films all less than five minutes in length. Following the 7 p.m. screening, MOCA Executive Director and Chief Curator Bonnie Clearwater will announce which one of the films will be purchased for the museum’s permanent collection. Audience members will also vote for their favorite film by ballot.
A reception will be held between the 7 p.m. and 9 p.m. screenings with complimentary wines by Rex Goliath and cocktails provided by Zignum Mezcal. Admission is free to museum members and $5 for adults, $3 for seniors and students with ID. For reservations, call 305-893-6211 or go to www.mocanomi.org.
See and Do
- 7 best bets for live music this weekend
- 'Peppa Pig’ makes a splash with live shows in South Florida
- A 'Sound of Music’ that hits many of the right notes
- Pérez Art Museum Miami: 9 features you won’t want to miss
- DWNTWN Art Days 2015 this weekend
- Schmooze Over Miami teaches history through a theatrical pub crawl
- PAMM Third Thursdays: Poplife Social featuring Million Young
- Russian pianist plays Wynwood on Friday
- Siempre Flamenco hosts Cafe Cantante at the South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center
- The Rhythm Foundation's Dance Band Night kicks off with The French Horn