Optic Nerve Film Festival 14 takes place Friday at Museum of Contemporary Art
Annual festival of short films and videos returns
Museum of Contemporary Art
770 NE 125th St., Miami
Cinematic artfulness exudes from The Museum of Contemporary Art at 7 p.m. and 9 p.m. Friday, Sept. 14 via Optic Nerve 14, its annual festival of short films and videos by artists.
The 14th rendition of this popular event will feature 16 innovative films all less than five minutes in length. Following the 7 p.m. screening, MOCA Executive Director and Chief Curator Bonnie Clearwater will announce which one of the films will be purchased for the museum’s permanent collection. Audience members will also vote for their favorite film by ballot.
A reception will be held between the 7 p.m. and 9 p.m. screenings with complimentary wines by Rex Goliath and cocktails provided by Zignum Mezcal. Admission is free to museum members and $5 for adults, $3 for seniors and students with ID. For reservations, call 305-893-6211 or go to www.mocanomi.org.
See and Do
- Perez Art Museum Miami’s new exhibits will reflect Miami
- George Balanchine’s ‘The Nutcracker’
- The Orchid Show takes over Design District on Nov. 14
- Visual Arts in Miami
- Charles LeDray at the Bass Museum
- Microteatro brings theater shorts to downtown Miami
- Miami Museums
- Tigertail presents Tool is Loot, a collaborative dance
- Miami City Ballet debuts new work by young British choreographer
- Santaland Diaries