Optic Nerve Film Festival 14 takes place Friday at Museum of Contemporary Art
Annual festival of short films and videos returns
Museum of Contemporary Art
770 NE 125th St., Miami
Cinematic artfulness exudes from The Museum of Contemporary Art at 7 p.m. and 9 p.m. Friday, Sept. 14 via Optic Nerve 14, its annual festival of short films and videos by artists.
The 14th rendition of this popular event will feature 16 innovative films all less than five minutes in length. Following the 7 p.m. screening, MOCA Executive Director and Chief Curator Bonnie Clearwater will announce which one of the films will be purchased for the museum’s permanent collection. Audience members will also vote for their favorite film by ballot.
A reception will be held between the 7 p.m. and 9 p.m. screenings with complimentary wines by Rex Goliath and cocktails provided by Zignum Mezcal. Admission is free to museum members and $5 for adults, $3 for seniors and students with ID. For reservations, call 305-893-6211 or go to www.mocanomi.org.
See and Do
- #HowToMiami - Street Art
- 'Frida: Unmasked' explores the life of famed artist Frida Kahlo
- New World Symphony releases Wallcast concert series schedule for 2014-2015
- Stage Door explores the songs of the 1960s with ‘What’s New Pussycat?’
- Raw intimacy in Carlota Pradera’s ‘Bare Bones’ at the Miami Theater Center
- Miami choreographer Rosie Herrera turns life in a Cuban cabaret to art for ‘Show.Girl.’ with Ballet Hispanico
- Pérez Art Museum Miami: 10 features you won’t want to miss
- Accessible Art: Art Basel sets attendance record, color in time and space with Carlos Cruz-Diez, and the Bakehouse Art Complex builds first public metal-casting foundry
- Accessible Art: Arsht Center exhibit fuses fashion and art, a call for artists at Segafredo, and the Wolfsonian-FIU presents Rebirth of Rome
- LA artist Kenton Parker elevates the 'selfie' with solo exhibition at Primary Projects for Art Basel