Oprah's Fisher Island home sells again
Oprah Winfrey's former 6,170-square-foot Fisher Island penthouse was sold once again, this time for $13.5 million cash to billionaire Lawrence Stroll, best known for taking the Michael Kors brand public three years ago. Winfrey, originally represented by hot-shot Fisher Island broker Mary Ann Portell, negotiated the deal to then-chairman of the board of Campbell's Soup, George Sherman, who bought it for $6.5 million in 2001. “That was unheard of at the time,” Portell says. Sherman, who has built a mansion on La Gorce Island, still maintains a pied a terre on Gilligan's, er, Fisher Island.
On Our Radar
- Data confirms what everyone in Miami already knows: Rent is too high
- Latino stars come out at New World Symphony
- Jennifer Lopez to perform free concert at Bayfront Park in support of Hillary Clinton
- Adele lends voice in support of Hillary Clinton in Miami
- Udonis Haslem opens Starbucks in Miami
- Which Miami neighborhood will be the next to be ‘Art-Washed’?
- Five reasons to not give up on the Miami Heat
- Larsa and Scottie Pippen to divorce after 19 years
- Boo Madea star Tyler Perry: I don't like Halloween
- Florida has better taste in Halloween candy than most other states, says survey