Oprah's Fisher Island home sells again
Oprah Winfrey's former 6,170-square-foot Fisher Island penthouse was sold once again, this time for $13.5 million cash to billionaire Lawrence Stroll, best known for taking the Michael Kors brand public three years ago. Winfrey, originally represented by hot-shot Fisher Island broker Mary Ann Portell, negotiated the deal to then-chairman of the board of Campbell's Soup, George Sherman, who bought it for $6.5 million in 2001. “That was unheard of at the time,” Portell says. Sherman, who has built a mansion on La Gorce Island, still maintains a pied a terre on Gilligan's, er, Fisher Island.
On Our Radar
- Rick Ross celebrates 10 years of 'Port of Miami'
- 5 reasons why everyone should watch Premios Tu Mundo
- Ricky Martin in Miami Beach with Maluma
- Armand Assante remembers 'Mambo Kings' premiere
- Zika cases found in Miami Beach, pregnant women warned to stay away by CDC
- Kanye West's Life of Pablo pop up shop in Miami
- Miami hurdler Brianna Rollins rules!
- Disney princess Aimee Carrero a Miami girl
- Are Anna Kournikova and Enrique Iglesias married?
- 6 things to do so you don't get Zika