Oprah's Fisher Island home sells again
Oprah Winfrey's former 6,170-square-foot Fisher Island penthouse was sold once again, this time for $13.5 million cash to billionaire Lawrence Stroll, best known for taking the Michael Kors brand public three years ago. Winfrey, originally represented by hot-shot Fisher Island broker Mary Ann Portell, negotiated the deal to then-chairman of the board of Campbell's Soup, George Sherman, who bought it for $6.5 million in 2001. “That was unheard of at the time,” Portell says. Sherman, who has built a mansion on La Gorce Island, still maintains a pied a terre on Gilligan's, er, Fisher Island.
On Our Radar
- One Direction loves Florida, records concert special
- Celebrity spotting in Miami
- What did most Miamians search for in 2014?
- See Fort Lauderdale native Jason Kennedy tie the knot
- Fleetwood Mac drummer Mick Fleetwood showcases his photography
- Ne-Yo plays Santa Claus in Kendall
- Rosario Dawson in Miami to talk new movie
- Diner en Blanc lands on Miami Beach
- Annie stars in Miami
- Shakira's mansion reportedly back on the market