Oprah's Fisher Island home sells again
Oprah Winfrey's former 6,170-square-foot Fisher Island penthouse was sold once again, this time for $13.5 million cash to billionaire Lawrence Stroll, best known for taking the Michael Kors brand public three years ago. Winfrey, originally represented by hot-shot Fisher Island broker Mary Ann Portell, negotiated the deal to then-chairman of the board of Campbell's Soup, George Sherman, who bought it for $6.5 million in 2001. “That was unheard of at the time,” Portell says. Sherman, who has built a mansion on La Gorce Island, still maintains a pied a terre on Gilligan's, er, Fisher Island.
On Our Radar
- Florida girl Megan Fox: Miami has changed so much
- South Florida's Johnny Depp in divorce drama
- Win a ride on the Flying Cucumber blimp on June 2
- 5 Colombian locations in Miami that Seleccion Colombia should visit
- Did your name make the list of names for the 2016 Hurricane Season?
- Blac Chyna slams body shamers
- Tracy Morgan: I feel good
- How to Do Miami Like These 9 Celebs
- Brett Ratner back home in Miami Beach
- Dance pop singer Erika Jayne performing in Wynwood