Oprah's Fisher Island home sells again
Oprah Winfrey's former 6,170-square-foot Fisher Island penthouse was sold once again, this time for $13.5 million cash to billionaire Lawrence Stroll, best known for taking the Michael Kors brand public three years ago. Winfrey, originally represented by hot-shot Fisher Island broker Mary Ann Portell, negotiated the deal to then-chairman of the board of Campbell's Soup, George Sherman, who bought it for $6.5 million in 2001. “That was unheard of at the time,” Portell says. Sherman, who has built a mansion on La Gorce Island, still maintains a pied a terre on Gilligan's, er, Fisher Island.
On Our Radar
- Pitbull isn't just Mr. 305, he's Mr. Florida
- Gabrielle Anwar set to marry this weekend
- William Levy celebrates 35th birthday in Miami
- LeBron James sells his Miami mansion
- World Cup champ Kelley O'Hara at the W
- Wilmer Valderrama in Miami
- Vanilla Ice headed to the Design District?
- Thrive Seminar, Nelson Foundation will award local entrepreneur $10,000 on Thursday on Miami Beach
- Comedian Jo Koy at Magic City Casino
- Want to get gorgeous fast? Glamsquad is one solution