Opium partner Roman Jones "just an investor" in Colette French bistro on Lincoln Road
French bistro in space formerly known as Provence Grill
Turns out, Colette French Bistro is not an Opium Group venture, per se, and that Opium partner Roman Jones is, says publicist Vanessa Menkes, "just an investor." The restaurant's managing owner is a French restauranteur Francis Pittilloni. So there you have it.
Perhaps learning a few things from their failed foray into the food biz known as Kane steakhouse, nightlife purveyors The Opium Group are taking a second stab at it in the Lincoln Road space formerly known as Provence Grill.
Says our source, the place will likely be a French bistro/pizzeria, and it looks like they are close to opening. All of their tables are fully set up, there are umbrellas and some spies have noticed big food deliveries already.
We contacted Opium Frenchman in chief Eric Milon who has yet to reply.
Update: the place is called Colette French Bistro and seems to be, well, very French.
- Ex-China Grill, Lantao Kitchen chef Ferdinand Ortiz Jr. named Mister Collins' new Executive Chef
- Ex Preservation chef Ryan Harrison heads up Giorgio Rapicavoli's Taperia Raca; menu here>>
- Tommy Hilfiger is buying, redoing The Raleigh; no comment from Michael Schwartz on restaurant's fate
- Carla Pellegrino's Touché Rooftop Lounge & Restaurant opening April 3
- The Villa by Barton G relaunches restaurant as Il Sole
- Java junkies! Tell us about your incurable coffee addiction & win a Keurig Special Edition Brewing System
- Bâoli does Omakase
- Hot sauce, happy hour & pinatas with free stuff at Huahua's Taqueria
- Locals, legends in the galley at SOBEWFF's Ocean Liner Dinner at The Wolfsonian
- Matt Ratcliffe, ex BLT Steak chef de cuisine, heads to Palm Beach as Buccan & Imoto execu chef