Openings: Sustain, Copper Chimney, Juicery Bar
Sustain Restaurant + Bar, 3252 NE First Ave., opened its doors Sunday at Midtown Miami with indoor-outdoor seating for 120, a mid-priced menu (entrees $14-$21) by executive chef Alejandro Piñero (Casa Tua, Fratelli Lyon) and a seasonal-sustainable orientation. The opening-night word via Twitter from Lee Brian Schrager, neighborhood denizen and South Beach Wine & Food Festival founder: “I can smell a hit, already;” 305-424-9079, www.sustainmiami.com.
The Juicery Bar, 635 Brickell Key Dr., Miami, serves fruit juices and smoothies, wraps, salads, house-made empanadas, cupcakes and a selection of spicy treats like green apples covered in tamarind and chamoy (a Mexican sauce); 305-350-2277, www.thejuicerybar.com.
- A peek at the new Bulla Gastropub in Doral
- 5 reasons to check out PB Station
- Learn to grill from an Argentine master
- Smooshies candy store opens in Key Biscayne
- The Five Best Pork (and Lamb) Chops You Can Only Eat In Miami
- Comfort-food goodness oozes from the Daily Melt in Miami
- Edible art is enticing at Perez Art Museum Miami's Verde
- Zak the Baker's new bakery rises in Wynwood
- These six Italian restaurants have the perfect combination of food and hospitality
- Chefs Aaron Brooks, Dena Marino and Jose Mendin collaborate on a one-night only dinner at Four SeasonsOrlando