Openings: Sustain, Copper Chimney, Juicery Bar
Sustain Restaurant + Bar, 3252 NE First Ave., opened its doors Sunday at Midtown Miami with indoor-outdoor seating for 120, a mid-priced menu (entrees $14-$21) by executive chef Alejandro Piñero (Casa Tua, Fratelli Lyon) and a seasonal-sustainable orientation. The opening-night word via Twitter from Lee Brian Schrager, neighborhood denizen and South Beach Wine & Food Festival founder: “I can smell a hit, already;” 305-424-9079, www.sustainmiami.com.
The Juicery Bar, 635 Brickell Key Dr., Miami, serves fruit juices and smoothies, wraps, salads, house-made empanadas, cupcakes and a selection of spicy treats like green apples covered in tamarind and chamoy (a Mexican sauce); 305-350-2277, www.thejuicerybar.com.
- What chefs, authors the Miami Book Fair has for food lovers
- This renovated firehouse with two names has become a Brickell staple
- 5 fun foodie activities to do with kids in Miami
- Wynwood businesses reopen after Zika scare
- Catch some Poke, man: Polynesian flavors at rooftop Watr
- 3 Olympic-worthy Wywnood beer events this week
- Michy fans: Fried chicken is back
- Pasta is handmade to order at this South Beach spot
- Miami's top 5 rooftop bars on Yelp
- Grandma's recipes play into new Estefan Kitchen