Openings: Sustain, Copper Chimney, Juicery Bar
Sustain Restaurant + Bar, 3252 NE First Ave., opened its doors Sunday at Midtown Miami with indoor-outdoor seating for 120, a mid-priced menu (entrees $14-$21) by executive chef Alejandro Piñero (Casa Tua, Fratelli Lyon) and a seasonal-sustainable orientation. The opening-night word via Twitter from Lee Brian Schrager, neighborhood denizen and South Beach Wine & Food Festival founder: “I can smell a hit, already;” 305-424-9079, www.sustainmiami.com.
The Juicery Bar, 635 Brickell Key Dr., Miami, serves fruit juices and smoothies, wraps, salads, house-made empanadas, cupcakes and a selection of spicy treats like green apples covered in tamarind and chamoy (a Mexican sauce); 305-350-2277, www.thejuicerybar.com.
- The List: Oceanaire's Kareem Anguin
- La Savina in the Mondrian puts a little Ibiza in South Beach
- Sixpoint Resin is a sticky-bitter monster of an IPA
- 5 reasons why we’re excited about the new Vagabond Restaurant & Bar
- Miami restaurant review: Siena Tavern's Italian food is hearty -- and pricey
- Miami Beach's Macchialina to open in Asheville
- Fresh American Bistro debuts in Sunny Isles
- Tacos and more at Miami Beach's bodacious Bodega
- The List: Seagrape's Michelle Bernstein
- Lyon Freres food market is reborn in Miami Beach