Openings: Sustain, Copper Chimney, Juicery Bar
Sustain Restaurant + Bar, 3252 NE First Ave., opened its doors Sunday at Midtown Miami with indoor-outdoor seating for 120, a mid-priced menu (entrees $14-$21) by executive chef Alejandro Piñero (Casa Tua, Fratelli Lyon) and a seasonal-sustainable orientation. The opening-night word via Twitter from Lee Brian Schrager, neighborhood denizen and South Beach Wine & Food Festival founder: “I can smell a hit, already;” 305-424-9079, www.sustainmiami.com.
The Juicery Bar, 635 Brickell Key Dr., Miami, serves fruit juices and smoothies, wraps, salads, house-made empanadas, cupcakes and a selection of spicy treats like green apples covered in tamarind and chamoy (a Mexican sauce); 305-350-2277, www.thejuicerybar.com.
- 7 Best Miami Spice Menus for Vegetarian Diners
- Pokémon Go lures diners to SuViche South Beach
- FREE LASAGNA. We Repeat, Free Lasagna!
- This Miami Beach bar was just named America's best new bar
- A look inside new 'hip Peruvian' restaurant in Doral
- A Miami Spice Weekly Planner
- Not even a dead body got people out of line for cronuts in New York
- Look like a celebrity and get free food
- Where to find artisanal chocolate in South Florida
- 7 Great Choices for Families during Miami Spice