Openings: Sustain, Copper Chimney, Juicery Bar
Sustain Restaurant + Bar, 3252 NE First Ave., opened its doors Sunday at Midtown Miami with indoor-outdoor seating for 120, a mid-priced menu (entrees $14-$21) by executive chef Alejandro Piñero (Casa Tua, Fratelli Lyon) and a seasonal-sustainable orientation. The opening-night word via Twitter from Lee Brian Schrager, neighborhood denizen and South Beach Wine & Food Festival founder: “I can smell a hit, already;” 305-424-9079, www.sustainmiami.com.
The Juicery Bar, 635 Brickell Key Dr., Miami, serves fruit juices and smoothies, wraps, salads, house-made empanadas, cupcakes and a selection of spicy treats like green apples covered in tamarind and chamoy (a Mexican sauce); 305-350-2277, www.thejuicerybar.com.
- Miami's Momi doubles down with downtown dumpling den
- Restaurant-season slowdown hits Miami
- Crust Pizza evolves into Crust Restaurant, opening this month in Miami
- Munch, munch, pass: 4/20 dinner sparks up at Eating House in Coral Gables
- 'Top Chef' alum Spike Mendelsohn to open Sunny's at The Hall hotel in South Beach
- The List: Miami's 10 best bites with chef Diego Oka of La Mar
- Zuma's sibling Coya swaggers into Brickell
- Quality Meats stays true to name in Miami Beach
- Bánh mì and bubble tea are on the menu at 545 Degree Café in Davie
- Porfirio's closes in South Beach, Señor Frog's opening delayed