Openings: Sustain, Copper Chimney, Juicery Bar
Sustain Restaurant + Bar, 3252 NE First Ave., opened its doors Sunday at Midtown Miami with indoor-outdoor seating for 120, a mid-priced menu (entrees $14-$21) by executive chef Alejandro Piñero (Casa Tua, Fratelli Lyon) and a seasonal-sustainable orientation. The opening-night word via Twitter from Lee Brian Schrager, neighborhood denizen and South Beach Wine & Food Festival founder: “I can smell a hit, already;” 305-424-9079, www.sustainmiami.com.
The Juicery Bar, 635 Brickell Key Dr., Miami, serves fruit juices and smoothies, wraps, salads, house-made empanadas, cupcakes and a selection of spicy treats like green apples covered in tamarind and chamoy (a Mexican sauce); 305-350-2277, www.thejuicerybar.com.
- More tacos on the way: Wapo Taco opening in Coral Gables
- The List: Miami's best eats with Piripi's Najat Kaanache
- Settle into island time at Calypso Raw Bar in Pompano Beach
- Chefs named at new Miami restaurants Centro Taco, Laffa Mediterranean and Zest
- DB Bistro Moderne Miami goes casual for the summer
- Get your frites on: Bistro Cassis opens in midtown Miami
- The List: Miami's best food with Sushi Maki's Abe Ng
- Bold & cold: Tio Gazpacho bottles the good stuff
- In Miami Beach, Klima's exquisite food is a study in simplicity
- Miami's best burgers are getting fired up at Burger Brawl