Openings: Sustain, Copper Chimney, Juicery Bar
Sustain Restaurant + Bar, 3252 NE First Ave., opened its doors Sunday at Midtown Miami with indoor-outdoor seating for 120, a mid-priced menu (entrees $14-$21) by executive chef Alejandro Piñero (Casa Tua, Fratelli Lyon) and a seasonal-sustainable orientation. The opening-night word via Twitter from Lee Brian Schrager, neighborhood denizen and South Beach Wine & Food Festival founder: “I can smell a hit, already;” 305-424-9079, www.sustainmiami.com.
The Juicery Bar, 635 Brickell Key Dr., Miami, serves fruit juices and smoothies, wraps, salads, house-made empanadas, cupcakes and a selection of spicy treats like green apples covered in tamarind and chamoy (a Mexican sauce); 305-350-2277, www.thejuicerybar.com.
- Truffles and caviar on menu at Haven craft beer dinner in Miami Beach
- Brew in Miami: Buckets of craft beer at Pubbelly in Miami Beach
- Two stars for Tap 79's affordable and comforting pub fare
- Interactive brunch benefits United Way of Miami-Dade
- Beer here: Boulevard Brewing expands distribution to Florida
- Scott Conant of Scarpetta to open restaurant in Turnberry Isle in Aventura
- Zuma partners to open Tamarina restaurant in Miami
- Temple Kitchen, a shrine to plant-based foods, opens in South Miami
- D'Tako Market serves fresh Mexican fare in Sunny Isles
- Sesame Street adventures, character storytime & freebie fun: Munchkin Fun's top weekly picks