Openings: Sustain, Copper Chimney, Juicery Bar
Sustain Restaurant + Bar, 3252 NE First Ave., opened its doors Sunday at Midtown Miami with indoor-outdoor seating for 120, a mid-priced menu (entrees $14-$21) by executive chef Alejandro Piñero (Casa Tua, Fratelli Lyon) and a seasonal-sustainable orientation. The opening-night word via Twitter from Lee Brian Schrager, neighborhood denizen and South Beach Wine & Food Festival founder: “I can smell a hit, already;” 305-424-9079, www.sustainmiami.com.
The Juicery Bar, 635 Brickell Key Dr., Miami, serves fruit juices and smoothies, wraps, salads, house-made empanadas, cupcakes and a selection of spicy treats like green apples covered in tamarind and chamoy (a Mexican sauce); 305-350-2277, www.thejuicerybar.com.
- Jefe's Original Soul Shack officially open in North Miami
- Tongue & Cheek brings back Kitchen Collab chef series Monday, July 14
- The List: Where a Jean-Georges chef eats in Miami
- Kitchen change-up at Miami's Taperia Raca
- db Bistro brings back dbQ July 8
- Shikany debuts 10-course tasting menu on July 11
- Uncle Tom's Barbecue celebrates grand reopening
- Peruvian import Embarcadero 41 Fusion opens in downtown Miami
- Italian gelato and popsicle shop opens in downtown Miami
- L'echon Brasserie blends French classics with Pubbelly twists in Miami Beach