Openings: Cinco Cantina, Rioja Grille, Gelato Nostro, Vida & Blade, 3800 Ocean
5/4/2011Cinco Cantina & Tequila Bar, an upscale Mexican restaurant from Palm Beach County’s Carmine’s Restaurant Group, combines its grand opening at The Village of Merrick Park, 4251 Salzedo St., Coral Gables, with Cinco de Mayo festivities at lunch and dinner on Thursday; 786-439-1730, www.cincomiami.com.Executive chef Michael Meuse describes the food at Rioja Grille at the Miami Airport Doubletree, 711 NW 72nd Ave., Miami, as Spanish and Mediterranean with hints of Latin American. Specialties include ceviche spoons, cioppino with day boat scallops, guava-glazed pork chops with yuca fries and grilled rib-eye with rioja au jus and bourbon onions. Rioja Grille opens for dinner daily at 5 p.m.; 305-260-8943. Gelato Nostro, an Italian chain, will open its first U.S. outlet on Wednesday at 1111 SW First Ave., Miami. Stop by between 5 and 7 p.m. for live music, light bites and libations blended with Gelato Nostro flavors, including Brickell Bacio; www.gelatonostro.com.Blade Sushi has reopened at the Fontainebleau Miami Beach, 4441 Collins Ave., as Vida & Blade Sushi, sharing space with the American brasserie; 305-674-4730.3030 Ocean chef-restaurateur Dean James Max is branching out to Palm Beach County with 3800 Ocean at the Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort & Spa; 561-340-1795.
- Craft Beer of the Week: Keybilly Island Ale
- Burrito San rolls oversize sushi in downtown Miami
- Pubbelly's L'echon Brasserie closes in Miami Beach
- Five restaurants put Miami's fried chicken on the map
- Red Ginger rolls sushi and izakaya small plates in SoFi
- The List: Best food in Miami with Palme d'Or's Gregory Pugin
- Eat the best of the wurst at Bavaria Haus in Bayside Marketplace
- Is Thomas Keller opening a restaurant in Miami?
- Azul names Benjamin Murray chef de cuisine
- La Moderna Italian restaurant and bar opens in Sunset Harbour