Openings: Cinco Cantina, Rioja Grille, Gelato Nostro, Vida & Blade, 3800 Ocean
5/4/2011Cinco Cantina & Tequila Bar, an upscale Mexican restaurant from Palm Beach County’s Carmine’s Restaurant Group, combines its grand opening at The Village of Merrick Park, 4251 Salzedo St., Coral Gables, with Cinco de Mayo festivities at lunch and dinner on Thursday; 786-439-1730, www.cincomiami.com.Executive chef Michael Meuse describes the food at Rioja Grille at the Miami Airport Doubletree, 711 NW 72nd Ave., Miami, as Spanish and Mediterranean with hints of Latin American. Specialties include ceviche spoons, cioppino with day boat scallops, guava-glazed pork chops with yuca fries and grilled rib-eye with rioja au jus and bourbon onions. Rioja Grille opens for dinner daily at 5 p.m.; 305-260-8943. Gelato Nostro, an Italian chain, will open its first U.S. outlet on Wednesday at 1111 SW First Ave., Miami. Stop by between 5 and 7 p.m. for live music, light bites and libations blended with Gelato Nostro flavors, including Brickell Bacio; www.gelatonostro.com.Blade Sushi has reopened at the Fontainebleau Miami Beach, 4441 Collins Ave., as Vida & Blade Sushi, sharing space with the American brasserie; 305-674-4730.3030 Ocean chef-restaurateur Dean James Max is branching out to Palm Beach County with 3800 Ocean at the Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort & Spa; 561-340-1795.
- President Hello Kitty? She's giving away free cookies to convince you
- South Beach Seafood Festival 2016 highlights top seafood chefs, restaurants
- Get yours: stone crab season starts Saturday
- Is this the best black-owned food truck in South Florida?
- South Florida just got another serious steakhouse
- Food just got a lot better at Heat's American Airlines Arena
- Phuc Yea pops up for good
- Luke's Diner will be a real place Wednesday. Here's where to get free coffee:
- Poke, not sushi, is what's cool in Miami. Yelp helps us find it
- It's the last day of Miami Spice. Here's where you're eating