Opening in September: Acme Bakery & Coffee, artisanal bakery & café concept from The Fed folks
Retro-fab general store slash cafe to feature "Farmstead Americana," pastries, kitchen gadgets & Panther Coffee
3451 NE 1st Ave.
The folks behind Phuc Yea! and The Federal Food, Drink & Provisions (now known collectively as The Pious Pig Restaurant Group) have given birth to yet another funky food and drink concept opening in mid to late September. Acme Bakery & Coffee is, says Pig-partner Aniece Meinhold," an artisanal bakery and cafe concept catering to Miami's Biscayne/Mid-town/Design District residents with a selection of viennoiseries (pastries), cakes, tarts, home-made candies, and artisanal breads combined with a limited-menu served in a casual sit-down environment." Acme will seat from 40-60 people for breakfast, lunch and "early evening tea."
Meinhold tells us that although the group just got the keys to the place Friday, it's full speed ahead to get the place up and ready asap. Acme's "farmstead Americana essence hearkens back to an era of 'home-made' and comfortable," Meinhold says. The place will also feature a "limited" retail selection of "cooking Americana, current kitchen gadgets, as well as its proprietary line of dry baking mixes, preserves and gourmet miscellanea."
Although it was originally announced that pastry chef Cindy Kruse would be running the show, not so much anymore. The place will be owned and operated by husband and wife team Alejandro, a CIA grad, and Alysia Ortiz, who will run front of house.
Acme is also teaming up with Panther Coffee, rolling out the Panther Cafe program to spread the good buzz of the Wynwood javateria.
- Ms. Cheezious giving away free food & swag today in The Hangover Part III promo
- Executive Chef Wanted: E. Michael Reidt out at Area 31
- Social media stalking travel app names Perricone's as Miami's #1 restaurant
- As the Rumor Mill Churns: Il Mulino to South Beach & a blind item
- Umami Burger South Beach opening at 11 a.m. May 10
- Cipriani opening Friday, May 10
- Area 31 expands outdoor terrace while indoors gets a revamp
- World of Beer Midtown opening May 6
- Michael Mina reportedly opening second Miami restaurant in the Fontainebleau
- STK Miami closed for a "disco nap"