Open Wings, Broken Strings
Learn the story behind the tunes this Friday, March 12, at the Adrienne Arsht Center.
By Solange Reyner
Learn the story behind the tunes when Eddie Kowalczyk of LIVE, Art Alexakis of Everclear, and Leigh Nash of Sixepence None The Richer perform acoustic versions of their major hit songs on Friday, March 12, at the Adrienne Arsht Center. The artists will explain their thought process behind their lyrics all in an intimate setting.
“My approach as a songwriter is to write songs that are not finite and will resonate with listeners for a really long time,” Kowalczyk said. “Sixteen years after our first album, Mental Jewelry, I am still able to get something out of songs LIVE recorded in the early 1990s -- and I think that one of the reasons why we have had so many fans for so long is that our fans are also continuing to find nuances in our songs.”
Personally, I want to know the impetus behind "Lightning Crashes."
Knight Concert Hall
Adrienne Arsht Center
1300 Biscayne Boulevard
See and Do
- 16 Culture Events in Miami to Keep You Socially Fit May 1 - 15
- 7 events in Miami for the budget-conscious - April 29-May 1
- 11 events not to miss in Miami in May 2016
- 11 free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - April 22-24
- What if 'Game of Thrones' were recast with famous Floridians?
- 7 things to do with your kids in the Florida Keys
- 5 Reasons to go to Wynwood Life
- Brickell City Centre Brings Farmers Market to Brickell
- 6 free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - April 15-17
- Country music and ocean conservation converge at Tortuga Music Festival