Open Wings, Broken Strings
Learn the story behind the tunes this Friday, March 12, at the Adrienne Arsht Center.
Knight Concert Hall
Adrienne Arsht Center
1300 Biscayne Boulevard
By Solange Reyner
Learn the story behind the tunes when Eddie Kowalczyk of LIVE, Art Alexakis of Everclear, and Leigh Nash of Sixepence None The Richer perform acoustic versions of their major hit songs on Friday, March 12, at the Adrienne Arsht Center. The artists will explain their thought process behind their lyrics all in an intimate setting.
“My approach as a songwriter is to write songs that are not finite and will resonate with listeners for a really long time,” Kowalczyk said. “Sixteen years after our first album, Mental Jewelry, I am still able to get something out of songs LIVE recorded in the early 1990s -- and I think that one of the reasons why we have had so many fans for so long is that our fans are also continuing to find nuances in our songs.”
Personally, I want to know the impetus behind "Lightning Crashes."
See and Do
- What to do with kids in Miami May 20-26
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - May 17-19
- Ten Years of Cubalibre Block Party
- 'The Fox on the Fairway' at Actors' Playhouse in Coral Gables scores with laughs
- What to do with kids in Miami May 13-19
- Bill Cosby, at Hard Rock Sunday, talks about TV, racism and life
- ‘War Horse’ casts a simple yet powerful spell
- ‘Memphis’ cast shows vocal chops
- Create-A-Skate at the Museum of Discovery and Science
- 'War Horse' gallops into the South Florida this week