Open Wings, Broken Strings
Learn the story behind the tunes this Friday, March 12, at the Adrienne Arsht Center.
Knight Concert Hall
Adrienne Arsht Center
1300 Biscayne Boulevard
By Solange Reyner
Learn the story behind the tunes when Eddie Kowalczyk of LIVE, Art Alexakis of Everclear, and Leigh Nash of Sixepence None The Richer perform acoustic versions of their major hit songs on Friday, March 12, at the Adrienne Arsht Center. The artists will explain their thought process behind their lyrics all in an intimate setting.
“My approach as a songwriter is to write songs that are not finite and will resonate with listeners for a really long time,” Kowalczyk said. “Sixteen years after our first album, Mental Jewelry, I am still able to get something out of songs LIVE recorded in the early 1990s -- and I think that one of the reasons why we have had so many fans for so long is that our fans are also continuing to find nuances in our songs.”
Personally, I want to know the impetus behind "Lightning Crashes."
See and Do
- Yoga del Barrio comes to jugofresh
- Earth Day, spring parties, egg hunts and Munchkin Fun's 10 other fun things to do this week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - April 11-13
- Egg hunts and photo ops for Easter 2014
- Miami Beach Gay Pride takes over South Beach this weekend
- Choreographer Trey McIntyre brings community and artistic inspiration from Boise to Miami
- Deering Estate Festival of the Arts offers three days of events
- Heineken TransAtlantic Festival trae excelencia rockera a Miami Beach
- Heineken Transatlantic Festival brings global sounds to Miami
- PhilanthroFest Outdoor Festival returns to Wolfson Campus