Open Wings, Broken Strings
Learn the story behind the tunes this Friday, March 12, at the Adrienne Arsht Center.
Knight Concert Hall
Adrienne Arsht Center
1300 Biscayne Boulevard
By Solange Reyner
Learn the story behind the tunes when Eddie Kowalczyk of LIVE, Art Alexakis of Everclear, and Leigh Nash of Sixepence None The Richer perform acoustic versions of their major hit songs on Friday, March 12, at the Adrienne Arsht Center. The artists will explain their thought process behind their lyrics all in an intimate setting.
“My approach as a songwriter is to write songs that are not finite and will resonate with listeners for a really long time,” Kowalczyk said. “Sixteen years after our first album, Mental Jewelry, I am still able to get something out of songs LIVE recorded in the early 1990s -- and I think that one of the reasons why we have had so many fans for so long is that our fans are also continuing to find nuances in our songs.”
Personally, I want to know the impetus behind "Lightning Crashes."
See and Do
- 15 things to do with the kids Oct 5-11: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Oct. 2-4
- Miami Events - October 2015
- Wizard World Comic Con takes over the Broward Convention Center
- 15 things to do with the kids Sept 28 - Oct 4: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks
- Ultimate guide to luxury seats at Miami’s Sun Life Stadium
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Sept. 25-27
- House of Horrors kicks off this weekend with a concert by Silentó
- Bay Skate rolls back into Bayfront Park with a free skating party
- Broward County celebrates its 100 year anniversary with Neil Goldberg's extravaganza 'WE'