Have a few drinks and enjoy the ballet at Miami City Ballet's Open Barre.
Miami City Ballet is hosting it's Open Barre event, an evening that pairs two of every culture vultures faves: drinking and dancing. Guests can arrive at the Miami City Ballet's intimate studios for an open bar then enjoy performances by their talented dancers. The program features Paul Taylor’s “Company B” with music by The Andrews Sisters and Twyla Tharp’s “The Golden Section,” set to music by David Byrne.
November 5-6 at 7 p.m., Saturday matinee at 2:30 p.m. Tickets are $35. Miami City Ballet, 2200 Liberty Ave., Miami Beach; 305-929-7010.
See and Do
- Ayikodans offers a prayer in the form of dance for its sixth season at the Arsht Center
- 7 best bets for live music this weekend
- 'Peppa Pig’ makes a splash with live shows in South Florida
- A 'Sound of Music’ that hits many of the right notes
- Pérez Art Museum Miami: 9 features you won’t want to miss
- DWNTWN Art Days 2015 this weekend
- Schmooze Over Miami teaches history through a theatrical pub crawl
- PAMM Third Thursdays: Poplife Social featuring Million Young
- Russian pianist plays Wynwood on Friday
- Siempre Flamenco hosts Cafe Cantante at the South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center