Have a few drinks and enjoy the ballet at Miami City Ballet's Open Barre.
Miami City Ballet is hosting it's Open Barre event, an evening that pairs two of every culture vultures faves: drinking and dancing. Guests can arrive at the Miami City Ballet's intimate studios for an open bar then enjoy performances by their talented dancers. The program features Paul Taylor’s “Company B” with music by The Andrews Sisters and Twyla Tharp’s “The Golden Section,” set to music by David Byrne.
November 5-6 at 7 p.m., Saturday matinee at 2:30 p.m. Tickets are $35. Miami City Ballet, 2200 Liberty Ave., Miami Beach; 305-929-7010.
See and Do
- 'Frida: Unmasked' explores the life of famed artist Frida Kahlo
- New World Symphony releases Wallcast concert series schedule for 2014-2015
- Stage Door explores the songs of the 1960s with ‘What’s New Pussycat?’
- Raw intimacy in Carlota Pradera’s ‘Bare Bones’ at the Miami Theater Center
- Miami choreographer Rosie Herrera turns life in a Cuban cabaret to art for ‘Show.Girl.’ with Ballet Hispanico
- Pérez Art Museum Miami: 10 features you won’t want to miss
- Accessible Art: Art Basel sets attendance record, color in time and space with Carlos Cruz-Diez, and the Bakehouse Art Complex builds first public metal-casting foundry
- Accessible Art: Arsht Center exhibit fuses fashion and art, a call for artists at Segafredo, and the Wolfsonian-FIU presents Rebirth of Rome
- LA artist Kenton Parker elevates the 'selfie' with solo exhibition at Primary Projects for Art Basel
- Big brands descend on Miami Art Week to expose emerging artists to the public