Visit the Dorsch Gallery in the Wynwood district on Saturday, December 12th, for the unveiling of Brandon Opalka's mural titled "Nature is Imagination Itself."
By Solange Reyner
This opening reception starts after Art Basel closes, but is a nice way to mesh into the winter season here in South Florida. Visit the Dorsch Gallery in the Wynwood district on Saturday, December 12th, for the unveiling of Brandon Opalka's mural titled "Nature is Imagination Itself."
The mural spans the entire length of Dorsch's gallery western exterior wall, and stems from an idea Opalko had when he was watching Ken Burns' documentary "The National Parks."
Opalko's background is in graffiti art. He now paints, trying to explore a historical context with some of his pieces.
The reception takes place from 7 to 10 p.m.
151 NW 24 St.
See and Do
- Discover Miami's Little Haiti neighbhorhood
- He was told as a boy he'd have to go to a deaf school—but he grew up to help make the music to Hamilton
- Las Olas Art Fair takes over the streets of Fort Lauderdale this weekend
- Coral Gables Hispanic Cultural Festival takes over the streets of City Beautiful
- 5 reasons you should check out the Mammography Art Initiative in Wynwood this weekend
- 7 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - Oct. 21-23
- Miami's cultural itinerary courtesy of Prism Creative Group - Oct. 16-31
- Find your happy place at the Modern Life Mindfulness Festival
- Grovetoberfest Celebrates Six Years of Craft Beer
- Can this Miami political roast Make America Laugh Again? Let's hope so