Visit the Dorsch Gallery in the Wynwood district on Saturday, December 12th, for the unveiling of Brandon Opalka's mural titled "Nature is Imagination Itself."
By Solange Reyner
This opening reception starts after Art Basel closes, but is a nice way to mesh into the winter season here in South Florida. Visit the Dorsch Gallery in the Wynwood district on Saturday, December 12th, for the unveiling of Brandon Opalka's mural titled "Nature is Imagination Itself."
The mural spans the entire length of Dorsch's gallery western exterior wall, and stems from an idea Opalko had when he was watching Ken Burns' documentary "The National Parks."
Opalko's background is in graffiti art. He now paints, trying to explore a historical context with some of his pieces.
The reception takes place from 7 to 10 p.m.
151 NW 24 St.
See and Do
- Free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - Dec. 2-4
- Super 8 Motels is ditching its old art and it can be yours
- 7 Reactions Cuban Americans Had to Fidel Castro’s Death
- Events in Miami in December 2016
- Courtney Love can now scratch musical theater off her bucket list
- Five Things to do After Stuffing Yourself on Thanksgiving
- All the feels locals have during Art Basel
- Weekend events in Miami that won't leave you broke - Nov. 18-20
- Six Things you didn’t know about Miami Children’s Museum
- Robot bartenders and a 10-story slide. That’s life on the world's biggest cruise ship