Visit the Dorsch Gallery in the Wynwood district on Saturday, December 12th, for the unveiling of Brandon Opalka's mural titled "Nature is Imagination Itself."
151 NW 24 St.
By Solange Reyner
This opening reception starts after Art Basel closes, but is a nice way to mesh into the winter season here in South Florida. Visit the Dorsch Gallery in the Wynwood district on Saturday, December 12th, for the unveiling of Brandon Opalka's mural titled "Nature is Imagination Itself."
The mural spans the entire length of Dorsch's gallery western exterior wall, and stems from an idea Opalko had when he was watching Ken Burns' documentary "The National Parks."
Opalko's background is in graffiti art. He now paints, trying to explore a historical context with some of his pieces.
The reception takes place from 7 to 10 p.m.
See and Do
- Cartoonist Stephan Pastis at Books & Books on Sunday, March 16
- Miami-Dade County Youth Fair: Five things we are excited about
- 'Book of Mormon,' 'Newsies' headline Arsht Center's next season
- Puppet shows, storytimes, spring break & 10 other fun things to do this week
- Gipsy Kings celebrate 25 years of 'Bamboleo' at the Hard Rock on May 15
- King Arthur and his knights get goofy in ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- ‘War Horse’ brings its imaginative, moving drama to Miami’s Arsht Center
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Mar. 7-9
- Calle Ocho: 5 Things we are excited about this year
- Daddy Yankee reigns as the King of Calle Ocho