Visit the Dorsch Gallery in the Wynwood district on Saturday, December 12th, for the unveiling of Brandon Opalka's mural titled "Nature is Imagination Itself."
151 NW 24 St.
By Solange Reyner
This opening reception starts after Art Basel closes, but is a nice way to mesh into the winter season here in South Florida. Visit the Dorsch Gallery in the Wynwood district on Saturday, December 12th, for the unveiling of Brandon Opalka's mural titled "Nature is Imagination Itself."
The mural spans the entire length of Dorsch's gallery western exterior wall, and stems from an idea Opalko had when he was watching Ken Burns' documentary "The National Parks."
Opalko's background is in graffiti art. He now paints, trying to explore a historical context with some of his pieces.
The reception takes place from 7 to 10 p.m.
See and Do
- Third Thursdays at Perez Art Museum Miami brings music and drinks
- Memorial Day Weekend Events - 2015
- Haitian Book Fair to celebrate Caribbean culture for 3rd year
- Annie, Open Play & Freebie Fun: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks for Memorial Day Week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - May 15-17
- Haitian Compas Festival encores at Sun Life Stadium with System Band and many more
- Siempre Flamenco hosts Cafe Cantante at the South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center
- The Rhythm Foundation's Dance Band Night kicks off with The French Horn
- What if Works presents Chekhov's 'The Cherry Orchard'
- S'mores, the Hunger Games & Annie: Munchkin Fun's Top picks May 11-17