Visit the Dorsch Gallery in the Wynwood district on Saturday, December 12th, for the unveiling of Brandon Opalka's mural titled "Nature is Imagination Itself."
151 NW 24 St.
By Solange Reyner
This opening reception starts after Art Basel closes, but is a nice way to mesh into the winter season here in South Florida. Visit the Dorsch Gallery in the Wynwood district on Saturday, December 12th, for the unveiling of Brandon Opalka's mural titled "Nature is Imagination Itself."
The mural spans the entire length of Dorsch's gallery western exterior wall, and stems from an idea Opalko had when he was watching Ken Burns' documentary "The National Parks."
Opalko's background is in graffiti art. He now paints, trying to explore a historical context with some of his pieces.
The reception takes place from 7 to 10 p.m.
See and Do
- A Day Trip to the Florida Keys
- Vizcaya’s Secret Garden restored to its natural splendor
- Stories, school fun & Munchkin Fun's 10 top picks for this week
- Hess Select South Beach Seafood Festival arrives Oct. 22-25 on Miami Beach
- Hialeah Park Casino celebrates one year with busy weekend
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Aug. 15-17
- Monster truck driver Debrah Miceli proves that Monster Jam is not just a boy’s club
- Wayans brothers bring their comedy act to Seminole Hard Rock on Friday, Aug 15.
- South Florida Firefighters Calendar is a family affair
- Miami Children’s Museum debuts ‘My Green Home’ exhibit