One Night Stand: Thursdays at Town
Tucked behind Sunset Place this lively Thursday night scene is cost effective (for the ladies, anyway).
By Elizabeth Stewart
While Town Kitchen & Bar has been known for its popular, and tasty, American cuisine – especially its weekend brunches - the South Miami spot has more than just eggs over easy to entice a weekly visit. Tucked in a quiet corner behind Sunset Place, the casual crowd pleaser offers a lively, and cost effective (for the ladies, anyway) Thursday night scene.
Some happy hours make you run out the door before your computer shuts down, but Town’s Thursday night specials have zero time limit. Ladies receive half off everything on the menu all night. Choices are endless, including an extensive list of signature cocktails and martinis, wines, and beer. And for those ladies feeling particularly ambitious, arrive between 4-7 p.m. for complimentary champagne.
The crowd and the music are largely determined by whether you decide to drink inside, or al fresco. Inside offers more of a nightlife vibe, pumping a Top 40 selection including anything from Shakira to Ricky Martin (hey, it is South Miami afterall). With plenty of high-and-low-top tables available in the trendy but intimate space, the primarily 30s-plus crowd tends to swarm around the bar. The average Town goer may still even be in their scrubs or loosening his necktie at the end of a long workday. Another perk of sitting near the bar (besides the obvious drink proximity) is this is the only place where all appetizers are also half off.
Outside is equipped with additional couches and tables, and is more for the laid back customer or perhaps a family or two there for dinner. Although you can still hear a faded Ricky Martin song playing in the background, this is the area to sit if you are there for less head bobbing, and more hob-knobbing. And while appetizers out here are full price, waiters keep the half-priced drinks flowing.
So instead of the Challa French Toast you may usually venture to Town for, on Thursday night just make a toast, and Holla!
Town Kitchen & Bar, 7310 SW 57th Ct, South Miami, (305) 740-8118
- Five nightclubs for ages 18 and up
- Events in Miami this weekend - Dec. 2-4
- Post-Thanksgiving events in Miami this week - Nov. 25-27
- What to do in Miami this weekend - Nov. 18-20
- DJ Paul van Dyk had to learn to walk again after falling from stage. Now, he's playing Miami
- Art Basel parties you can actually get into
- Don't miss these concerts, festivals and events in Miami this weekend - Nov. 11-13
- How to drop $500K on New Year’s Eve in Miami without even trying
- New club in Miami hosts grand opening with performance by Bomba Estéreo
- DJ Le Spam teams up with the New World Symphony for Pulse