One Night Stand at Locust Projects
Join modern and cutting edge art lovers and belt out your favorite songs at Locust Projects' monthly shindig.
7-10 p.m. Friday, Sept. 27
Locust Projects, 3852 North Miami Avenue, Miami FL 33127
Free for Locust Projects Members & Artists / Guests $10
What could make your karaoke voice sound even better? No, not autotune. Well, yes autotune. But what could enhance the experience of belting out Celine Dion with your untrained voice in front of a group of people you may or may not know? How about some visuals in the form of artist/software developer Dylan Romer's projections? The artist will be creating live video mixes using an app he created called Time Piles, which manipulates the idea of time by reorganizing moments into psychedelic infinite exposures of the present time. Trippy! The projections will either distract from or compliment the musical stylings of the amateur singers, who will be able to choose from indie, punk, R&B, hip-hop and oldies (and hopefully some Celine Dion). Check out the list here if you want to start rehearsing http://letssang.tumblr.com/songlist.
See and Do
- Third Thursdays at Perez Art Museum Miami brings music and drinks
- Memorial Day Weekend Events - 2015
- Haitian Book Fair to celebrate Caribbean culture for 3rd year
- Annie, Open Play & Freebie Fun: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks for Memorial Day Week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - May 15-17
- Haitian Compas Festival encores at Sun Life Stadium with System Band and many more
- Siempre Flamenco hosts Cafe Cantante at the South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center
- The Rhythm Foundation's Dance Band Night kicks off with The French Horn
- What if Works presents Chekhov's 'The Cherry Orchard'
- S'mores, the Hunger Games & Annie: Munchkin Fun's Top picks May 11-17