One Night Stand at Locust Projects
Join modern and cutting edge art lovers and belt out your favorite songs at Locust Projects' monthly shindig.
What could make your karaoke voice sound even better? No, not autotune. Well, yes autotune. But what could enhance the experience of belting out Celine Dion with your untrained voice in front of a group of people you may or may not know? How about some visuals in the form of artist/software developer Dylan Romer's projections? The artist will be creating live video mixes using an app he created called Time Piles, which manipulates the idea of time by reorganizing moments into psychedelic infinite exposures of the present time. Trippy! The projections will either distract from or compliment the musical stylings of the amateur singers, who will be able to choose from indie, punk, R&B, hip-hop and oldies (and hopefully some Celine Dion). Check out the list here if you want to start rehearsing http://letssang.tumblr.com/songlist.
7-10 p.m. Friday, Sept. 27
Locust Projects, 3852 North Miami Avenue, Miami FL 33127
Free for Locust Projects Members & Artists / Guests $10
See and Do
- 16 Culture Events in Miami to Keep You Socially Fit May 1 - 15
- 7 events in Miami for the budget-conscious - April 29-May 1
- 11 events not to miss in Miami in May 2016
- 11 free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - April 22-24
- What if 'Game of Thrones' were recast with famous Floridians?
- 7 things to do with your kids in the Florida Keys
- 5 Reasons to go to Wynwood Life
- Brickell City Centre Brings Farmers Market to Brickell
- 6 free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - April 15-17
- Country music and ocean conservation converge at Tortuga Music Festival