One Night Stand at Locust Projects
Join modern and cutting edge art lovers and belt out your favorite songs at Locust Projects' monthly shindig.
7-10 p.m. Friday, Sept. 27
Locust Projects, 3852 North Miami Avenue, Miami FL 33127
Free for Locust Projects Members & Artists / Guests $10
What could make your karaoke voice sound even better? No, not autotune. Well, yes autotune. But what could enhance the experience of belting out Celine Dion with your untrained voice in front of a group of people you may or may not know? How about some visuals in the form of artist/software developer Dylan Romer's projections? The artist will be creating live video mixes using an app he created called Time Piles, which manipulates the idea of time by reorganizing moments into psychedelic infinite exposures of the present time. Trippy! The projections will either distract from or compliment the musical stylings of the amateur singers, who will be able to choose from indie, punk, R&B, hip-hop and oldies (and hopefully some Celine Dion). Check out the list here if you want to start rehearsing http://letssang.tumblr.com/songlist.
See and Do
- YoungArts kicks off Outside the Box series with a show by musician Dave Eggar
- Carbonell winners take the stage at South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center
- Pumpkin patches, parties and trick-or-treating: Munchkin Fun's 2014 Halloween Guide
- MIFFecito: A Shot of Cinema
- Grovetoberfest brings craft beer to Miami's masses
- Playwright Vanessa Garcia tackles identity in exile in her new play 'The Cuban Spring'
- Two generations of Latin music-makers gather in Miami for Red Bull Siempre Fresco
- Trick or treating, holiday crafts & The Lego Movie: Munchkin Fun's top picks for the week
- Casino Night event in Coral Gables benefits at-risk children
- The Beatles arrive at HistoryMiami