One Night Stand at Locust Projects
Join modern and cutting edge art lovers and belt out your favorite songs at Locust Projects' monthly shindig.
7-10 p.m. Friday, Sept. 27
Locust Projects, 3852 North Miami Avenue, Miami FL 33127
Free for Locust Projects Members & Artists / Guests $10
What could make your karaoke voice sound even better? No, not autotune. Well, yes autotune. But what could enhance the experience of belting out Celine Dion with your untrained voice in front of a group of people you may or may not know? How about some visuals in the form of artist/software developer Dylan Romer's projections? The artist will be creating live video mixes using an app he created called Time Piles, which manipulates the idea of time by reorganizing moments into psychedelic infinite exposures of the present time. Trippy! The projections will either distract from or compliment the musical stylings of the amateur singers, who will be able to choose from indie, punk, R&B, hip-hop and oldies (and hopefully some Celine Dion). Check out the list here if you want to start rehearsing http://letssang.tumblr.com/songlist.
See and Do
- Accessible Art: Caribbean-centric exhibition by Haitian artist, Locust Projects wins first NEA grant, and is the Museum of Art Fort Lauderdale expanding?
- Munchkin Fun's 22 fun things to do with the kids Dec 16-21
- 'We Will Rock You' is a guilty pleasure for Queen fans
- Cheech and Chong perform this Sunday at the Hard Rock Live
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Dec. 13-15
- 'Making God Laugh' mines sobering truths
- Found Footage Festival keeps videotape alive
- ‘We Will Rock You’ is built on Queen’s flamboyant rock music
- Accessible Art: Art Basel sets attendance record, color in time and space with Carlos Cruz-Diez, and the Bakehouse Art Complex builds first public metal-casting foundry
- Munchkin Fun's 22 fun things to do with the kids Dec 9-14