One Direction surprises fans on Miami Beach
Fans crack the code and find the popular boy band
The British pop group One Direction was shooting a video at the Temple House on South Beach (corner of 14th Place and Euclid Ave.) and fans figured out where they were and swarmed the streets for a peek.
Over an estimated 1,000 teenage girls had traveled to the sidewalks of the venue since early Wednesday morning in hoping of seeing a glimpse of their teen pop idols who were shooting a music video at the Temple House. The location has been the site of many music videos, including one by rapper Lil Wayne and Drake.
Since the Temple House is located in a residential area of Miami Beach, several parents had their cars and minivans towed starting after 6 p.m since they didn't have the required residential parking decals. Talk about dedication.
According to reports, the band members would look out the windows of the Temple House and wave to fans during dayight hours, but it wasn't until later in the evening they they actually came out a side entrance and waved to the gathered fans as flashbulbs streamed.
One Direction plays its first of two shows in South Florida on Thursday night in Sunrise at the BB&T Center. On Friday they play AmericanAirlines Arena in Miami. For more on One Direction, click here.
On Our Radar
- 3 rare pre-embargo Cuban cigars to buy in Miami
- How to get the celebrity bikini body you crave
- Luis Guzman in Miami: Spanish is easier than French
- Miami artist Becky Rosa unveils massive public art installation at Wynwood gallery
- Antonio Banderas: I have an attachment to Miami
- Runway Reviews from Miami Fashion Week 2016
- Do you live in one of the most stressed out places in Florida?
- Gwen Stefani's having trouble selling tickets for tour
- Miami Fashion Week arrives with new celebs and a fresh vision
- 5 things to know about 2 Chainz