One Direction surprises fans on Miami Beach
Fans crack the code and find the popular boy band
The British pop group One Direction was shooting a video at the Temple House on South Beach (corner of 14th Place and Euclid Ave.) and fans figured out where they were and swarmed the streets for a peek.
Over an estimated 1,000 teenage girls had traveled to the sidewalks of the venue since early Wednesday morning in hoping of seeing a glimpse of their teen pop idols who were shooting a music video at the Temple House. The location has been the site of many music videos, including one by rapper Lil Wayne and Drake.
Since the Temple House is located in a residential area of Miami Beach, several parents had their cars and minivans towed starting after 6 p.m since they didn't have the required residential parking decals. Talk about dedication.
According to reports, the band members would look out the windows of the Temple House and wave to fans during dayight hours, but it wasn't until later in the evening they they actually came out a side entrance and waved to the gathered fans as flashbulbs streamed.
One Direction plays its first of two shows in South Florida on Thursday night in Sunrise at the BB&T Center. On Friday they play AmericanAirlines Arena in Miami. For more on One Direction, click here.
On Our Radar
- Bryan "Birdman" Williams pays up
- Luis Miguel takes a bath in real estate deal
- Michael Buble's Instagram post criticized
- Estefans’ star search is over for ‘On Your Feet’
- Artist Romero Britto sues Apple
- Dave Chappelle parties, Bow Wow holds court
- Mario Lopez serves as grand marshal at Miami Beach Gay Pride parade
- Here's your chance to audition for 'La Banda"
- Scott Eastwood talks 'The Longest Ride' from ranch in Davie
- Shaggy talks new single, Brian Williams and state of reggae