OMG, another burger place?
Has the texting abbreviation OMG become so commonplace that it’s ceased to be a superlative? That seems to be the case at OMG! Burgers, the new fast-food, cooked-to-order burger spot that...
Has the texting abbreviation OMG become so commonplace that it’s ceased to be a superlative? That seems to be the case at OMG! Burgers, the new fast-food, cooked-to-order burger spot that has replaced Qdoba Mexican Grill across from Sunset Place in South Miami.
Some bright spots: The sesame seed buns are fresh; the free toppings are plentiful. (Ketchup, mustard, mayo, lettuce, tomato, red onion, sautéed onions, barbecue sauce, potato sticks, A1 sauce and hot sauce are among the choices.) The simple menu also offers grilled hot dogs (split and topped with melted cheese), chili, salad, two chicken sandwiches and Misha’s Cupcakes.
But if OMG! wants to stand out from a burger pack that includes Five Guys, Fatburger, One Burger and Shake Shack, it’s going to have to up its game.
Jodi Mailander Farrell
If you go
Place: OMG! Burgers
Address: 5748 Sunset Dr., South Miami
Price range: Burgers and other sandwiches $4-$6, fries $2.50, Caesar salad $7, cupcakes $2
Hours: 10:30 a.m.-midnight Sunday-Thursday, until 2 a.m. Friday and Saturday
- Tobacco Road goes adrift: A Miamian's lament of historic bar's corporate partnership
- The List: Eating in Miami with Miguel Aguilar
- 3 stars for Embarcadero, a downtown Miami Peruvian restaurant that does it all
- Babylon opens gateway to Turkish cuisine in South Beach
- Smooshies candy store opens in Key Biscayne
- #HowToMiami - Cuban Sandwich
- Beer and short films join forces for a good cause in Miami
- Celebrate Halloween early at Tongue & Cheek's Saturday brunch
- 'Top Chef' favorite Fabio Viviani gives Miami recipes today, food next month
- Guide to South Florida's October wine and beer dinners