OMG, another burger place?
Has the texting abbreviation OMG become so commonplace that it’s ceased to be a superlative? That seems to be the case at OMG! Burgers, the new fast-food, cooked-to-order burger spot that...
Has the texting abbreviation OMG become so commonplace that it’s ceased to be a superlative? That seems to be the case at OMG! Burgers, the new fast-food, cooked-to-order burger spot that has replaced Qdoba Mexican Grill across from Sunset Place in South Miami.
Some bright spots: The sesame seed buns are fresh; the free toppings are plentiful. (Ketchup, mustard, mayo, lettuce, tomato, red onion, sautéed onions, barbecue sauce, potato sticks, A1 sauce and hot sauce are among the choices.) The simple menu also offers grilled hot dogs (split and topped with melted cheese), chili, salad, two chicken sandwiches and Misha’s Cupcakes.
But if OMG! wants to stand out from a burger pack that includes Five Guys, Fatburger, One Burger and Shake Shack, it’s going to have to up its game.
Jodi Mailander Farrell
If you go
Place: OMG! Burgers
Address: 5748 Sunset Dr., South Miami
Price range: Burgers and other sandwiches $4-$6, fries $2.50, Caesar salad $7, cupcakes $2
Hours: 10:30 a.m.-midnight Sunday-Thursday, until 2 a.m. Friday and Saturday
- This man loves burgers so much he built a museum to them
- How a historic pump house became a luxe new restaurant near Morningside
- Their restaurants will be neighbors – so these top chefs cooked for each other
- Why ‘Top Chef’ brothers are opening their first restaurant together in Miami
- A Miami Book Fair event for 'Top Chef' fans, book lovers
- Forget cooking: Here's where to eat out for Thanksgiving
- This landmark Spanish market just popped up in downtown
- Mignonette oyster dinner features Miami Book Fair author Rowan Jacobsen
- These food celebs, authors are coming to Miami this week
- Miami's favorite al fresco dining spots, according to Yelp