OMG, another burger place?
Has the texting abbreviation OMG become so commonplace that it’s ceased to be a superlative? That seems to be the case at OMG! Burgers, the new fast-food, cooked-to-order burger spot that...
Has the texting abbreviation OMG become so commonplace that it’s ceased to be a superlative? That seems to be the case at OMG! Burgers, the new fast-food, cooked-to-order burger spot that has replaced Qdoba Mexican Grill across from Sunset Place in South Miami.
Some bright spots: The sesame seed buns are fresh; the free toppings are plentiful. (Ketchup, mustard, mayo, lettuce, tomato, red onion, sautéed onions, barbecue sauce, potato sticks, A1 sauce and hot sauce are among the choices.) The simple menu also offers grilled hot dogs (split and topped with melted cheese), chili, salad, two chicken sandwiches and Misha’s Cupcakes.
But if OMG! wants to stand out from a burger pack that includes Five Guys, Fatburger, One Burger and Shake Shack, it’s going to have to up its game.
Jodi Mailander Farrell
If you go
Place: OMG! Burgers
Address: 5748 Sunset Dr., South Miami
Price range: Burgers and other sandwiches $4-$6, fries $2.50, Caesar salad $7, cupcakes $2
Hours: 10:30 a.m.-midnight Sunday-Thursday, until 2 a.m. Friday and Saturday
- Jerry's Famous Deli on South Beach is now closed
- North Miami bakery to get 'rescued' on TLC show
- Brew in Miami: Grovetoberfest founder shares news about this year's fest
- Palms Hotel in Miami Beach rolls out Yoga, Spa and Garden Dinner series
- 3 stars for Basil Park's nourishing and satisfying intact cuisine
- Greek eatery Poseidon excels at grilled fish
- Jefe's Original Soul Shack officially open in North Miami
- Tongue & Cheek brings back Kitchen Collab chef series Monday, July 14
- The List: Where a Jean-Georges chef eats in Miami
- Kitchen change-up at Miami's Taperia Raca