OMG, another burger place?
Has the texting abbreviation OMG become so commonplace that it’s ceased to be a superlative? That seems to be the case at OMG! Burgers, the new fast-food, cooked-to-order burger spot that...
Has the texting abbreviation OMG become so commonplace that it’s ceased to be a superlative? That seems to be the case at OMG! Burgers, the new fast-food, cooked-to-order burger spot that has replaced Qdoba Mexican Grill across from Sunset Place in South Miami.
Some bright spots: The sesame seed buns are fresh; the free toppings are plentiful. (Ketchup, mustard, mayo, lettuce, tomato, red onion, sautéed onions, barbecue sauce, potato sticks, A1 sauce and hot sauce are among the choices.) The simple menu also offers grilled hot dogs (split and topped with melted cheese), chili, salad, two chicken sandwiches and Misha’s Cupcakes.
But if OMG! wants to stand out from a burger pack that includes Five Guys, Fatburger, One Burger and Shake Shack, it’s going to have to up its game.
Jodi Mailander Farrell
If you go
Place: OMG! Burgers
Address: 5748 Sunset Dr., South Miami
Price range: Burgers and other sandwiches $4-$6, fries $2.50, Caesar salad $7, cupcakes $2
Hours: 10:30 a.m.-midnight Sunday-Thursday, until 2 a.m. Friday and Saturday
- Miami chefs lead Build Your Own Brunch to benefit United Way of Miami-Dade
- Pubbelly Sushi is being exported to the Dominican Republic
- Miami chefs to promote South Florida, equality in Costa Rica culinary trips
- Taste Paradise: Key Biscayne dining promotion runs Oct. 9-25
- Sapore di Mare serves a slice of Italy in Coconut Grove
- Miami restaurant review: La Moderna in Miami Beach has a winning recipe for Italian classics
- Spring Chicken to open in former Miami's Best Pizza in Coral Gables
- Seed Food & Wine Festival returns to Miami for a celebration of plant-based cuisine
- The Forge in Miami Beach to host kickoff dinner for James Beard Foundation program
- Chefs Up Front dinners in Miami and Fort Lauderdale to benefit kids