Olivier Martinez confirms engagement to Halle Berry, clears up ring debate, opens Villa Azur on South Beach this weekend
Actor opens Villa Azur on South Beach this weekend
309 23rd St.
French actor and heartthrob Olivier Martinez is in town to promote his new restaurant, Villa Azur, which opens tonight (Saturday, March 10) on South Beach. While Halle Berry may or may not be on hand for the opening, Martinez finally confirmed their engagement rumors once and for all with a simple “Yes, of course it’s true.”
But there is another rumor he’s not so keen on.
“There is a jeweler taking credit for doing the ring and it’s a lie! They have nothing to do with this,” he said.
Indeed he was most displeased with not only the quality of this line itself, but their attempt to falsely capitalize on the couple’s engagement. For those yearning to know, the ring was actually designed by Robert Mazlo, a jeweler from the actor’s chic Saint-Germain-des-Pres neighborhood in Paris. According to Martinez, Mazlo is “a real artist,” whose family has been designing jewelry for “kings and queens for many centuries.”
Only the best for the future Mrs. Martinez, who has been spotted wearing the unique emerald and yellow gold ring since January.
On Our Radar
- Justin Bieber: Give me just a little more time
- Music on Board brings EDM festival to Fort Lauderdale from Brazil
- Fort Lauderdale's Fish Tank Kings returns
- Wild and crazy guy: Steve O in town for shows
- Ben & Jerry’s Free Ice Cream Tasting
- Tax day cometh! Flo Rida pays his bill
- Joanna Krupa puts apartment up for sale
- Former 'Queer Eye' designer Thom Filicia lends his touch to new condo in Edgewater
- Key West company featured on 'The Profit'
- Miami Beach, Miami Gardens among nation’s most dangerous suburbs