Olivier Martinez confirms engagement to Halle Berry, clears up ring debate, opens Villa Azur on South Beach this weekend
Actor opens Villa Azur on South Beach this weekend
309 23rd St.
French actor and heartthrob Olivier Martinez is in town to promote his new restaurant, Villa Azur, which opens tonight (Saturday, March 10) on South Beach. While Halle Berry may or may not be on hand for the opening, Martinez finally confirmed their engagement rumors once and for all with a simple “Yes, of course it’s true.”
But there is another rumor he’s not so keen on.
“There is a jeweler taking credit for doing the ring and it’s a lie! They have nothing to do with this,” he said.
Indeed he was most displeased with not only the quality of this line itself, but their attempt to falsely capitalize on the couple’s engagement. For those yearning to know, the ring was actually designed by Robert Mazlo, a jeweler from the actor’s chic Saint-Germain-des-Pres neighborhood in Paris. According to Martinez, Mazlo is “a real artist,” whose family has been designing jewelry for “kings and queens for many centuries.”
Only the best for the future Mrs. Martinez, who has been spotted wearing the unique emerald and yellow gold ring since January.
On Our Radar
- Lil Wayne takes out loan
- Dance meets charity with SWAY
- Miami Heat players attend opening of new Edition Boutique.
- Donald Trump spends Turkey Day in Florida
- Michael B Jordan in Miami talking 'Creed'
- Actor named honorary president of Miami Fashion Week
- Are Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie coming to Art Basel?
- Celebrity doctor's Grove home sells
- Miami teen hits the big time
- Inside details of Sofia Vergara's wedding