Odd Life of Timothy Green's Jennifer Garner radiant in Miami
Here for press junket
Why let a little thing like having a baby dampen your va-va-voom? Jennifer Garner gave birth six months ago to a son, Samuel, her third child with birthday boy Ben Affleck. Most new moms are uncoiffed at best, living in sweats at worst. But not Garner. The 40-year-old Odd Life of Timothy Green star — who was born in Texas but raised in West Virginia — exuded radiance and vitality in a sexy dress and pumps on her Miami stop at the Four Seasons Hotel Miami Monday. You'd never know the tot was upstairs, waiting to be breastfed. It helps that she loved the character she plays in the film: an infertile woman who, along with her husband, is able to conjure the child of their dreams in their garden.We chatted with the former Alias star:
How was the chemistry on set?
We all had a great time. It’s just a real group of actors. There were no kind of huge movie stars. Ron Livingston is so dry, and every time he would walk on we would laugh. His wife Rosemary Dewitt plays my sister. When we were together, Peter would say, ‘OK, girls, let’s get to work,’ because we had so much to talk about.
Does the movie bring infertility and adoption issues to the forefront?
There’s a lot of stuff that’s incredibly relatable. The town is going through a recession, their manufacturing jobs are leaving, there’s infertility. It’s all family stuff cobbled together, and they make it work. You seem to be doing it all, fabulously.
Have any advice for working moms? Don’t put so much pressure on yourself. I’m working and not with my kids today, and it’s OK. My husband is sugaring them up, letting them watch TV, which is something I would never do in the middle of the week [laughs]. Just be where you are, forgive yourself and take it easy.
The film opens Wednesday.
On Our Radar
- Celebrity doctor's Grove home sells
- Miami teen hits the big time
- Inside details of Sofia Vergara's wedding
- DWTS cast members will present SWAY: A Dance Trilogy at Olympia Theater
- Trey Songz and friends spend the day giving back.
- Recap: Miami.com Experience - Pop-Up Dinner at Bocce with Sugarcane
- Tiger Woods' ex holds dinner in Palm Beach
- Jamaican pop star OMI at club opening
- Miami's (wannabe) adopted son David Beckham is 'Sexiest Man'
- Influence Miami at Bakehouse Art Complex