Oceanaire Chef Resigns - UPDATE
Popular Miami chef Sean Bernal and General Manager Kevin Amiott have both resigned.
Oceanaire Seafood Room
900 South Miami Ave, Miami
Update on last month's Oceanaire resignations - former executive chef Sean Bernal and general manager Kevin Amiott are both making a great trip west, having signed on with Wyland's Ocean Blue. Billed as a "new fine dining concept and art gallery," Wyland's opened its first location in Fairview, Texas last month. Bernal will serve as vice president of culinary development and Amiott will serve as vice president of operations. Rumor has it Wyland is scouting for South Florida locations, so the pair may make a grand return in 2011.
Breaking dining news! Oceanaire’s executive chef Sean Bernal and general manager Kevin Amiott have both resigned and will leave the restaurant as of Sunday, July 11 (last day for them both). Coincidence? We think not, but Amiott has “no comment.” Bernal hinted at good things to come on his enthusiastic Facebook post: “Today is a good day, my tenure as the executive chef of the Oceanaire is over. I quit today!! On to bigger and better things!!!" Amiott reports Oceanaire has no immediate replacements for Bernal, and a team of sous chefs will likely manage the kitchen until official plans are made. In other Oceanaire news, the 12-unit seafood chain was bought out of bankruptcy earlier this year by Landry’s Restaurants.
- What's the Best? 5 Miami Coffee Shops
- Truffles and caviar on menu at Haven craft beer dinner in Miami Beach
- Brew in Miami: Buckets of craft beer at Pubbelly in Miami Beach
- Two stars for Tap 79's affordable and comforting pub fare
- Interactive brunch benefits United Way of Miami-Dade
- Beer here: Boulevard Brewing expands distribution to Florida
- Scott Conant of Scarpetta to open restaurant in Turnberry Isle in Aventura
- Zuma partners to open Tamarina restaurant in Miami
- Temple Kitchen, a shrine to plant-based foods, opens in South Miami
- D'Tako Market serves fresh Mexican fare in Sunny Isles