Oceanaire Chef Resigns - UPDATE
Popular Miami chef Sean Bernal and General Manager Kevin Amiott have both resigned.
Oceanaire Seafood Room
900 South Miami Ave, Miami
Update on last month's Oceanaire resignations - former executive chef Sean Bernal and general manager Kevin Amiott are both making a great trip west, having signed on with Wyland's Ocean Blue. Billed as a "new fine dining concept and art gallery," Wyland's opened its first location in Fairview, Texas last month. Bernal will serve as vice president of culinary development and Amiott will serve as vice president of operations. Rumor has it Wyland is scouting for South Florida locations, so the pair may make a grand return in 2011.
Breaking dining news! Oceanaire’s executive chef Sean Bernal and general manager Kevin Amiott have both resigned and will leave the restaurant as of Sunday, July 11 (last day for them both). Coincidence? We think not, but Amiott has “no comment.” Bernal hinted at good things to come on his enthusiastic Facebook post: “Today is a good day, my tenure as the executive chef of the Oceanaire is over. I quit today!! On to bigger and better things!!!" Amiott reports Oceanaire has no immediate replacements for Bernal, and a team of sous chefs will likely manage the kitchen until official plans are made. In other Oceanaire news, the 12-unit seafood chain was bought out of bankruptcy earlier this year by Landry’s Restaurants.
- Brew in Miami: 360 beers and a 'Gal' beer blogger
- Unlimited tacos and beer for $18.21 debuts at Toro Toro
- 3 stars for Prime Fish's South Beach swagger
- River Seafood & Oyster Bar to move down the Miami River
- Pubbelly Boys to close PB Steak in Miami Beach
- St. Louis-based Pi Pizzeria opening this year in South Beach
- New chef, new look for Azul at the Mandarin Oriental Miami
- What's the Best? 5 Great Carpaccios
- Cheen-Huaye Mexican restaurant expands menu, dining room in North Miami
- New-look AltaMare toasts summer with a new happy hour