Oakley News and Tips
From Frogskins to their custom sunglasses — Oakley shares their latest news and tips with you.
Golfers, runners, surfers, baseball, softball, cyclists and tennis players alike certainly sing the praises of Oakley eyewear, but did you know the label boasts a fashion-forward, line too? Also buzz-worthy are the brand's sunnies with interchangeable lenses. Nestled inside the Aventura Mall door, customers can also experience a customization bar where guests can choose frame and lens combinations which tickle their fancy.
And while the brand is best known for its peeper protectors, Oakley is brimming with apparel, bags, backpacks, footwear, goggles and watches which withstand the test of time. Below we share experts tips to look for when choosing sunglasses from Oakley:
1) Comprehensive UV Protection – According to research from Oakley, more than 40% of adults are not consistently wearing sunglasses to protect their eyes while outdoors. UV damage to eyes is cumulative, and the research found that one in four still do not know that sun exposure can cause cataracts, macular degeneration and even some eye cancers. You should wear sunglasses that have UV protection built into the lens material so it can’t scratch off and leave your eyes exposed. The lens should filter out 100% of all UVA, UVB and UVC.
2) The Right Fit – Look for a secure fit of wrap around lenses to protect the entire eye. A wrap around lens will block sunlight and wind coming in from the sides and decrease the chance of eye injury due to flying debris such as sand and dirt, a must for cyclists. Performance sunglasses with rubber grip points ensure a secure fit, which is especially important in cycling, baseball and running.
3) Polarization – You can reduce eyestrain and headaches when you are outside by wearing sunglasses with polarized lenses. Polarization protects your eyes from the sun’s harsh glare and enhances color and depth perception. Polarization is especially important on the water because water magnifies the sun’s glare, which produces conditions that are harder on the eye than normal.
4) Impact Protection – Polycarbonate, shatterproof lenses protect your eyes from injury caused by high mass and high velocity impact (like baseballs and golf balls). Oakley’s research showed that 1 in 5 adults have experienced an eye injury while participating in outdoor sports and activities. Look for a lens that meets or surpasses ANSI impact tests, the gold standard for measuring safety. Many of the world’s most elite athletes depend on Oakley eyewear for this kind of protection.
5) The Right Lens – Many sports performance sunglasses have special features that not only protect the eye but also enhance your vision. Choosing the right lens tint for your activity, and the time of day and sun, also reduces eyestrain and squinting. A dark grey lens works best for extremely sunny conditions. Lens tints like amber, brown, and rose enhance the eye’s ability to recognize colors and improve depth perception in flat to medium light. Choose a lens with hydrophobic coating, which repels sweat, sunscreen and water, to help reduce obstructed views.
Oakley Store at Aventura Mall
19501 Biscayne Blvd, #1025, Aventura
- 5 More Reasons Shopping at The Falls in Miami Just Got More Fabulous
- Dolphin Mall Shopping Guide
- Not Just for Art--the Best of Wynwood's Indie Boutiques
- Dive Into Summer with Clinique's Pop-Up Truck
- 14 Street Style Looks at Miami Fashion Week that Show What’s Trending in the Magic City
- 6 Can’t Miss Miami Spa Month Retreats
- 5 Reasons Miami Spa Month is The Best
- Father's Day Gift Guide
- Sawgrass Mills Memorial Day Super Sale
- Sunset Harbour Shopping Guide