Encounter lyricism from the air, on building walls, over the airwaves on pirate radio to what you eat, because O, Miami hits our streets.
April 1 to 30
Spotted poetry in a curios place? Say, a building’s wall or on your clothes? Or on miamiherald.com?
No, you aren't being Punk'd. In fact, during the entire month of April — don’t be surprised to find poetry everywhere! Encounter lyricism from the air, over the airwaves on pirate radio to what you eat, because O, Miami hits our streets.
Photographed here is a Augustina Woodgate-made clothing tag with contemporary poetry which is sewn into clothes at area thrift stores.
Yes, from April 1st to the 30th, words will take many forms, from the most unexpected places! With 32 events; 23 projects; over 50 participating poets, artists, dancers, and musicians; a hurricane of poetic activity that begins on April 1 and doesn't stop until the Poet Laureate of the United States W.S. Merwin reads at the New World Center on Miami Beach on April 30.
This isn't your typical schedule of dry poetry readings. The entire month of April will be devoted to poetry in motion, in action, in touch — bringing forth words in all forms.
O, Miami, how we love thee.
- Shop for a Cause
- Bal Harbour Shops Celebrates 50 Years with Fashion Project
- Louis Vuitton Opens in the Design District
- Sawgrass Mills Expanding
- Meet Designer Rachel Roy at Macy's Dadeland
- Meet RHONY Heather Thomson
- What to Wear at The World Golf Championships-Cadillac Championship
- GBS Serving Up Free Get-Gorgeous Services
- Peep the Lilly Pultizer Jeep!
- New Store Openings at Aventura Mall