A foodie's guide to Miami’s Poetry Festival
Eating our Words
Friday, April 1, 7pm, $20-$30 per person
1200 Crandon Blvd, Key Biscayne
Now Taste This Reading
Wednesday, April 14, 7pm
Vino & Olio
April is poetry month in the Magic City as the O, Miami Poetry Festival makes its debut. For the entire month of April “poetry will be everywhere” courtesy of the Knight Foundation-sponsored festival. From April 1-30, Miamians will enjoy 32 events and 23 projects from over 50 participating poets, artists, dancers and musicians. We’ve got our eyes on two food-focused events.
- On Friday, April 1 Los Angeles’s lauded Eating our Words hosted by Gabrielle Calvocoressi and Heather Taylor arrives at the Boater’s Grill on Key Biscayne. Feast on a traditional Cuban pig roast and enjoy a poetry reading by Tracy K. Smith. $30/seat, $20/seat students. Click here for tickets.
- On Wednesday, April 14 head to the Design District for a “Now Taste This Reading” at Vino & Olio at 7pm. Local poets Jen Karetnick & Nick Vagnoni will read poems focusing on restaurants and food.
- Red, The Steakhouse debuts tapas menu
- Eat, drink & be merry at these upcoming Miami wine & food events
- Sugarcane hosts Santa Teresa rum dinner April 30
- Eating House hosts annual 4:20 dinner Sunday, April 20
- Tongue & Cheek celebrates its first anniversary with $2 sliders, $4 cocktails and free ice cream
- Egg hunts, cooking class, Frozen screening & Munchkin Fun's 10 other fun things to do this week
- Traymore entices with seafood stew, 40 gins and a gleaming white dining room at the new Metropolitan Miami by COMO hotel
- Mondrian debuts "Dig in" brunch Saturday, April 12
- PB Fish pops up at PB Steak
- Jimmy'z Kitchen Pinecrest debuts weekend brunch April 5