A foodie's guide to Miami’s Poetry Festival
Eating our Words
Friday, April 1, 7pm, $20-$30 per person
1200 Crandon Blvd, Key Biscayne
Now Taste This Reading
Wednesday, April 14, 7pm
Vino & Olio
April is poetry month in the Magic City as the O, Miami Poetry Festival makes its debut. For the entire month of April “poetry will be everywhere” courtesy of the Knight Foundation-sponsored festival. From April 1-30, Miamians will enjoy 32 events and 23 projects from over 50 participating poets, artists, dancers and musicians. We’ve got our eyes on two food-focused events.
- On Friday, April 1 Los Angeles’s lauded Eating our Words hosted by Gabrielle Calvocoressi and Heather Taylor arrives at the Boater’s Grill on Key Biscayne. Feast on a traditional Cuban pig roast and enjoy a poetry reading by Tracy K. Smith. $30/seat, $20/seat students. Click here for tickets.
- On Wednesday, April 14 head to the Design District for a “Now Taste This Reading” at Vino & Olio at 7pm. Local poets Jen Karetnick & Nick Vagnoni will read poems focusing on restaurants and food.
- Score a free burger at Smashburger
- Join chef Dale Talde (Brooklyn's TALDE) at Khong River House May 30
- Kouzina adds Greek influence to the Design District
- RA Sushi hosts Nicky's Week fundraiser
- Eat well & do good May 18 at Temaris
- Support Boston victims at a Meat Market cocktail dinner
- Join Essensia for a May 22 garden party
- Icebox Cafe opens in Sunset Harbor
- Feast on an "epic" seven-course meal at Tongue & Cheek May 20
- Eat, drink & mingle with Dave Barry May 16