A foodie's guide to Miami’s Poetry Festival
Eating our Words
Friday, April 1, 7pm, $20-$30 per person
1200 Crandon Blvd, Key Biscayne
Now Taste This Reading
Wednesday, April 14, 7pm
Vino & Olio
April is poetry month in the Magic City as the O, Miami Poetry Festival makes its debut. For the entire month of April “poetry will be everywhere” courtesy of the Knight Foundation-sponsored festival. From April 1-30, Miamians will enjoy 32 events and 23 projects from over 50 participating poets, artists, dancers and musicians. We’ve got our eyes on two food-focused events.
- On Friday, April 1 Los Angeles’s lauded Eating our Words hosted by Gabrielle Calvocoressi and Heather Taylor arrives at the Boater’s Grill on Key Biscayne. Feast on a traditional Cuban pig roast and enjoy a poetry reading by Tracy K. Smith. $30/seat, $20/seat students. Click here for tickets.
- On Wednesday, April 14 head to the Design District for a “Now Taste This Reading” at Vino & Olio at 7pm. Local poets Jen Karetnick & Nick Vagnoni will read poems focusing on restaurants and food.
- The List: Eating in Miami with Miguel Aguilar
- Celebrate Halloween early at Tongue & Cheek's Saturday brunch
- 'Top Chef' favorite Fabio Viviani gives Miami recipes today, food next month
- Guide to South Florida's October wine and beer dinners
- Michelle Bernstein taps Steven Rojas as Seagrape's chef de cuisine
- Esquire's new restaurant guru is a Miami homeboy
- Alicia Silverstone talks Moby, vegan food and Miami's Seed Festival
- The List: Michael Mina's Miami restaurant picks
- Cvi.Che 105 set to open in South Beach
- 50 Eggs guest chef dinner features Macchialina's Michael Pirolo