A foodie's guide to Miami’s Poetry Festival
April is poetry month in the Magic City as the O, Miami Poetry Festival makes its debut. For the entire month of April “poetry will be everywhere” courtesy of the Knight Foundation-sponsored festival. From April 1-30, Miamians will enjoy 32 events and 23 projects from over 50 participating poets, artists, dancers and musicians. We’ve got our eyes on two food-focused events.
- On Friday, April 1 Los Angeles’s lauded Eating our Words hosted by Gabrielle Calvocoressi and Heather Taylor arrives at the Boater’s Grill on Key Biscayne. Feast on a traditional Cuban pig roast and enjoy a poetry reading by Tracy K. Smith. $30/seat, $20/seat students. Click here for tickets.
- On Wednesday, April 14 head to the Design District for a “Now Taste This Reading” at Vino & Olio at 7pm. Local poets Jen Karetnick & Nick Vagnoni will read poems focusing on restaurants and food.
Eating our Words
Friday, April 1, 7pm, $20-$30 per person
1200 Crandon Blvd, Key Biscayne
Now Taste This Reading
Wednesday, April 14, 7pm
Vino & Olio
- A barbecued grilled cheese with Heat -- Miami Heat, that is
- Here's why you should call Dolores ... Miami Smokers for the summer
- We ordered free ice cream from UberEATS. Here's what happened
- South of Spice dining event is a luxurious taste of South Beach
- These 9 Miami food and cocktail events are so good we can't pick just one
- Why this chef wants to bring fine dining to Cuba
- Uber will bring you free ice cream Friday
- Miami Chefs Taking Their Talents to Casa de Campo For a Weekend
- How this Indian restaurant is raising the foodie game in Kendall
- How you can get your gourmet doughnut fix in Miami Beach