A foodie's guide to Miami’s Poetry Festival
April is poetry month in the Magic City as the O, Miami Poetry Festival makes its debut. For the entire month of April “poetry will be everywhere” courtesy of the Knight Foundation-sponsored festival. From April 1-30, Miamians will enjoy 32 events and 23 projects from over 50 participating poets, artists, dancers and musicians. We’ve got our eyes on two food-focused events.
- On Friday, April 1 Los Angeles’s lauded Eating our Words hosted by Gabrielle Calvocoressi and Heather Taylor arrives at the Boater’s Grill on Key Biscayne. Feast on a traditional Cuban pig roast and enjoy a poetry reading by Tracy K. Smith. $30/seat, $20/seat students. Click here for tickets.
- On Wednesday, April 14 head to the Design District for a “Now Taste This Reading” at Vino & Olio at 7pm. Local poets Jen Karetnick & Nick Vagnoni will read poems focusing on restaurants and food.
Eating our Words
Friday, April 1, 7pm, $20-$30 per person
1200 Crandon Blvd, Key Biscayne
Now Taste This Reading
Wednesday, April 14, 7pm
Vino & Olio
- Chefs Aaron Brooks, Dena Marino and Jose Mendin collaborate on a one-night only dinner at Four SeasonsOrlando
- The best spots in Miami to celebrate International Sushi Day
- 3D Printed Candy arrives in Miami on June 1 at Dylan’s Candy Bar
- Coral Gables, Dadeland get anticipated new restaurants
- Beer milkshakes are a 'thing' and they're coming to Wynwood
- Brickell Restaurant Week begins today
- COYO Taco opens in Brickell today
- Celeb chef Michelle Bernstein out at Seagrape
- MiMo's The Federal will close for a week, reopen with new name, concept
- Zak the Baker closed, reopens Friday