NYC's private dining club Omar's comes to Miami for a Lady Gaga Art Basel bacchanal
$1,000/yr members only resto teams up with Gaga Foundation for $250 pp Miami event
5445 Collins Ave.
Omar Hernandez's private, eponymous, $1,000 a person, member's only NYC supper club's MO is "international sexy is back." Some may recall Hernandez from his days as "ambiance director" at the-then-Andres-Balazs-owned Raleigh hotel. And while his chic canteen sounds like all style and no substance, the food is said to be stellar New American with Mediterranean accents. For that menu, click here. And now to the point. Not missing the Art Basel-boat, Omar's is heading to Miami to host the private Gaga Foundation Dinner Gala at 9 p.m. Wednesday, December 4 at the space formerly known as the Playboy Plaza Hotel at 5445 Collins Ave., opening solely for this fabulous occasion. Tickets are available to the public for $250 per person "on a reservation basis only." To get a piece of that action, email Dalad Kambhu at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This, of course, begs the question: will Lady Gaga actually be there? While we had heard of some casting calls previously in the month, we asked the event organizers who told us "Throughout the event, Lady Gaga's Creative Producer, Nicole Erlich, will be curating a premiere Art Auction, honoring some of the artistic world's most influential female artists in conjunction with auction house Paddle8. All proceeds garnered will be going to the Born This Way Foundation, founded by Lady Gaga and her mother, Cynthia Germanotta . . . The female influencer artists confirmed to be a part of the auction are: Lady Gaga, Hilary Harkness, Cass Bird, Amber Arbucci, Deborah Willis, Floria Sigismondi, Millie Brown, Sophia Wallace, Natalie Frank, Nina Chanel, Sophia Muller, Peggy Sirota and H8 Hardy."
Ok, but will Gaga physically be there, we asked? "Her art will be in the auction," says a rep, " and she always supports the Foundation events in every way possible." We guess she was also born this vague.
As for the dinner itself, it will be family style and we will have the menu shortly.
- Ex District chef, James Beard nominee Horacio Rivadero appointed executive chef at Tantalize
- More tacos on the way: Wapo Taco opening in Coral Gables
- DB Bistro Moderne Miami goes casual for the summer
- Sugar Factory American Brasserie to celebrate its Miami opening in June with Kylie Jenner
- Amy Kalinowski is the new pastry chef at Michael's Genuine Food & Drink
- PBS Chef Irie's May 7 Hidden Kitchen collaboration
- The Local Craft Food & Drink launches new menu at open-to-public party tonight
- Morimoto South Beach launches $65 'Greatest Hits' menu
- Vikram Katoch appointed new executive chef at Bianca
- Restaurant-season slowdown hits Miami