NYC's Lure Fishbar opening in November at Loews Miami Beach
Chef Josh Capon & restaurateurs John McDonald & Josh Pickard bring popular Manhattan seafood, raw bar, sushi bar (& steak) resto to Miami
Filling a void left long ago by the long gone Emeril's, restaurateurs Josh Pickard and John McDonald (responsible, in part, for bringing The Dutch down here) along with chef Josh Capon (a Burger Bash champ) have partnered with hotelier Jonathan Tisch to open the first outpost of New York City's popular Lure Fishbar at the Loews Miami Beach Hotel. The restaurant, known for its swanky yacht-themed design, sceney celeb vibe, and fresh, creative seafood dishes, is set to open in Miami in November 2013.
"We've been considering expanding Lure to Miami for many years and finally found the ideal venue and partner in Loews and Jon Tisch," says McDonald. "The historic Art Deco St. Moritz building offers the perfect architectural background for our design. We're really looking forward to opening next fall."
Tisch, Chairman and CEO of Loews Hotels, says “When the opportunity to fill the open restaurant location at the Loews Miami Beach came to be, Lure was my first choice. Chef Capon is unquestionably talented, and Lure is one of my favorite restaurants in the city. Lure South Beach will bring an incredible dining experience, with an innovative menu, unrivaled by anything else on the beach, further reinforcing Loews Miami Beach as the premier luxury destination in South Beach.”
Update! Lure is scheduled to open in November, 2013 just in time for that Art Basel onslaught.
- Golden Fig farmhouse restaurant opening late summer in ex OTC space
- Pierre's, Morada Beach Cafe off the market with new executive chef, Ishmael Toro
- Dinner at La Savina at Mondrian out; Brooklyn's Momo Sushi Shack 'pop-up' in
- Ted's at YoungArts closed
- LGBT Night at Dos Caminos
- OTC closes in Brickell after 3-year run
- Morimoto South Beach introduces weekend brunch
- Ex District chef, James Beard nominee Horacio Rivadero appointed executive chef at Tantalize
- More tacos on the way: Wapo Taco opening in Coral Gables
- DB Bistro Moderne Miami goes casual for the summer