NYC nightlife expert loves Miami
leep is taking a back seat for John Meadow. The co-owner of LDV Hospitality has loads going on. He’s a newish dad — daughter Grace is 16 months old — and he’s got his other new baby in Miami Beach. Meadow’s 5-year-old company oversees 15 hot spots across the country including Scarpetta at the Fontainebleau and is handling all food and beverage for the Gale South Beach Hotel, with new venues Dolce Italian, Regent Cocktail Club and Rec Room. “With their charming, intimate feel, these smaller hotels are such a great opportunity for us,’’ says Meadow, who was born in California but moved to NYC as a child. “We believe in Miami and all the extraordinary growth. It only gets better.” Another hazard of his profession: eating out. “I think I’ve had the white pizza at Dolce every night,” says Meadow, 32. “It’s becoming more and more challenging. You have to learn to balance it out with salad.”
On Our Radar
- Fort Lauderdale's Fish Tank Kings returns
- Wild and crazy guy: Steve O in town for shows
- Ben & Jerry’s Free Ice Cream Tasting
- Tax day cometh! Flo Rida pays his bill
- Joanna Krupa puts apartment up for sale
- Former 'Queer Eye' designer Thom Filicia lends his touch to new condo in Edgewater
- Key West company featured on 'The Profit'
- Miami Beach, Miami Gardens among nation’s most dangerous suburbs
- George Lopez talks 'Saint George' and 'Rio 2'
- Old Spice Guy Isaiah Mustafa spreads the love