NYC nightlife expert loves Miami
leep is taking a back seat for John Meadow. The co-owner of LDV Hospitality has loads going on. He’s a newish dad — daughter Grace is 16 months old — and he’s got his other new baby in Miami Beach. Meadow’s 5-year-old company oversees 15 hot spots across the country including Scarpetta at the Fontainebleau and is handling all food and beverage for the Gale South Beach Hotel, with new venues Dolce Italian, Regent Cocktail Club and Rec Room. “With their charming, intimate feel, these smaller hotels are such a great opportunity for us,’’ says Meadow, who was born in California but moved to NYC as a child. “We believe in Miami and all the extraordinary growth. It only gets better.” Another hazard of his profession: eating out. “I think I’ve had the white pizza at Dolce every night,” says Meadow, 32. “It’s becoming more and more challenging. You have to learn to balance it out with salad.”
On Our Radar
- Mario Chalmers: It's going to be an exciting Miami Heat season
- Spied around Miami: ARod, Katy Perry's ex, Shaq
- Million Dollar Listing Miami in trouble?
- Dwayne "The Rock Johnson filming football show in Miami
- Sofia Vergara & Joe Mangianello continue romance-fest in Miami
- Maria Menounos talks new show, book and dieting
- Is Star Island losing its luster?
- Keith Richards' daughter Alexandra spins for crowd
- Models & bottles: Leonardo DiCaprio does Miami Beach
- The Rock literally battles it out in new movie Hercules