NYC nightlife expert loves Miami
leep is taking a back seat for John Meadow. The co-owner of LDV Hospitality has loads going on. He’s a newish dad — daughter Grace is 16 months old — and he’s got his other new baby in Miami Beach. Meadow’s 5-year-old company oversees 15 hot spots across the country including Scarpetta at the Fontainebleau and is handling all food and beverage for the Gale South Beach Hotel, with new venues Dolce Italian, Regent Cocktail Club and Rec Room. “With their charming, intimate feel, these smaller hotels are such a great opportunity for us,’’ says Meadow, who was born in California but moved to NYC as a child. “We believe in Miami and all the extraordinary growth. It only gets better.” Another hazard of his profession: eating out. “I think I’ve had the white pizza at Dolce every night,” says Meadow, 32. “It’s becoming more and more challenging. You have to learn to balance it out with salad.”
On Our Radar
- Rick Ross celebrates 10 years of 'Port of Miami'
- 5 reasons why everyone should watch Premios Tu Mundo
- Ricky Martin in Miami Beach with Maluma
- Armand Assante remembers 'Mambo Kings' premiere
- Zika cases found in Miami Beach, pregnant women warned to stay away by CDC
- Kanye West's Life of Pablo pop up shop in Miami
- Miami hurdler Brianna Rollins rules!
- Disney princess Aimee Carrero a Miami girl
- Are Anna Kournikova and Enrique Iglesias married?
- 6 things to do so you don't get Zika