NYC nightlife expert loves Miami
leep is taking a back seat for John Meadow. The co-owner of LDV Hospitality has loads going on. He’s a newish dad — daughter Grace is 16 months old — and he’s got his other new baby in Miami Beach. Meadow’s 5-year-old company oversees 15 hot spots across the country including Scarpetta at the Fontainebleau and is handling all food and beverage for the Gale South Beach Hotel, with new venues Dolce Italian, Regent Cocktail Club and Rec Room. “With their charming, intimate feel, these smaller hotels are such a great opportunity for us,’’ says Meadow, who was born in California but moved to NYC as a child. “We believe in Miami and all the extraordinary growth. It only gets better.” Another hazard of his profession: eating out. “I think I’ve had the white pizza at Dolce every night,” says Meadow, 32. “It’s becoming more and more challenging. You have to learn to balance it out with salad.”
On Our Radar
- Actor named honorary president of Miami Fashion Week
- Are Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie coming to Art Basel?
- Celebrity doctor's Grove home sells
- Miami teen hits the big time
- Inside details of Sofia Vergara's wedding
- DWTS cast members will present SWAY: A Dance Trilogy at Olympia Theater
- Trey Songz and friends spend the day giving back.
- Recap: Miami.com Experience - Pop-Up Dinner at Bocce with Sugarcane
- Tiger Woods' ex holds dinner in Palm Beach
- Jamaican pop star OMI at club opening