NYC Italian spot Serafina opening at Dream South Beach
Northern Italian and over 24 pizzas served at Serafina Dream South Beach
Yet another NYC restaurant is migrating south via Vittorio Assaf's and Fabio Granato's Northern Italian restaurant Serafina, taking up residency in the space formerly known as Geoffrey Zakarian's Tudor House at the Dream South Beach soon.
Chef Marco Zuccala’s menu includes, among other things, Carpaccio Di Filetto con Salsa di Tartufi Neri, thin sliced prime filet mignon with warm black truffle sauce and boiled potatoes; Tartare di Sofia, a selection of tuna and salmon marinated in a special sauce, "the Italian way"; Lobster Carpaccio, thin slices of lobster with chopped baby arugula, corn and hearts of palm; 24 kinds of pizzas including Tartufo Nero with robiola, fontina and truffle cheese, truffle oil and sliced black truffles; and homemade pastas such as Paglia & Fieno, homemade fettuccine with light tomato sauce, basil, Parmigiano and a touch of cream; and Raviolli ai Porcini, homemade ravioli filled and sautéed with fresh porcini mushrooms. Serafina will also serve breakfast, lunch and cocktails.
1111 Collins Ave.
- How to get gourmet clean eating in South Beach
- RIP Randazzo's Little Italy in Coral Gables
- Who has Miami's favorite acai bowls? Yelp! weighs in
- Tap 42 opening second Miami location in ex-Aperio space in Midtown
- Nibble + Squeak dining club for "parents with pipsqueaks" launches in Miami August 24 at Mignonette
- The Rumor Mill: Murmurs of more Miami restaurant, market closings and chef firings . . .
- 305 Brews beer and coffee bar opening in August in Midtown Miami
- Alex Chang leaves The Vagabond, which will re-debut with new chef, new name
- Food Network chef Ben Vaughn joins Swine Southern Table & Bar for 2-month takeover
- Michael Pirolo, Aaron Brooks & Niven Patel join Kaytlin Brakefield on 3-course collab