NYC-based the Chef Agency expands to Miami
NYC-based hospitality placement agency opens in Miami
Those of us in the media and on social media know that most chefs in Miami have publicists. But soon enough we may be hearing "call my agent," as the Chef Agency, a New York-based hospitality placement agency, has expanded to Miami Beach, setting up shop at the 1111 Lincoln Road building. Why? Well, the agency says that "Miami's food and beverage scene has seen a resurgency in recent years, and the Chef Agency is uniquely positioned to capitalize on this incredible high-end growth."
Most recently, the agency facilitated the placement of Christopher Lee as Executive Chef of The Forge. They also placed executive sous-chefs at Cavalli and Dolce at The Gale. Their other clients include Jose Andres, among other recognizable resto names.
Michael Hewitt, Chief Recruiting Officer for the Chef Agency says “We are thrilled with our involvement in the Miami market place. New world-class hospitality projects are slated for Downtown, The Design District, and Miami Beach and we are excited to be a part of it."
- Golden Fig farmhouse restaurant opening late summer in ex OTC space
- Pierre's, Morada Beach Cafe off the market with new executive chef, Ishmael Toro
- Dinner at La Savina at Mondrian out; Brooklyn's Momo Sushi Shack 'pop-up' in
- Ted's at YoungArts closed
- LGBT Night at Dos Caminos
- OTC closes in Brickell after 3-year run
- Morimoto South Beach introduces weekend brunch
- Ex District chef, James Beard nominee Horacio Rivadero appointed executive chef at Tantalize
- More tacos on the way: Wapo Taco opening in Coral Gables
- DB Bistro Moderne Miami goes casual for the summer