NYC-based the Chef Agency expands to Miami
NYC-based hospitality placement agency opens in Miami
Those of us in the media and on social media know that most chefs in Miami have publicists. But soon enough we may be hearing "call my agent," as the Chef Agency, a New York-based hospitality placement agency, has expanded to Miami Beach, setting up shop at the 1111 Lincoln Road building. Why? Well, the agency says that "Miami's food and beverage scene has seen a resurgency in recent years, and the Chef Agency is uniquely positioned to capitalize on this incredible high-end growth."
Most recently, the agency facilitated the placement of Christopher Lee as Executive Chef of The Forge. They also placed executive sous-chefs at Cavalli and Dolce at The Gale. Their other clients include Jose Andres, among other recognizable resto names.
Michael Hewitt, Chief Recruiting Officer for the Chef Agency says “We are thrilled with our involvement in the Miami market place. New world-class hospitality projects are slated for Downtown, The Design District, and Miami Beach and we are excited to be a part of it."
- High end Kaori by Walter Martino opening in Brickell area February 23
- Juvia's Japanese sibling Sushi Garage opens in Miami's Sunset Harbor 'hood
- Now open: Coconut Grove's Spasso--"Simple, honest, brutal food"
- Food Network UK star Andy Bates brings "refined British pub food" to A&E District with 3-day pop up
- Blair Wilson, Mike Isabella, Jennifer Carroll, George Pagnois headline Surfcomber food fest
- The Bridge Cocktail Bar's December takeover of The Local Craft Food & Drink
- Kevin Cory transforms NAOE sibling into N Shabu Shabu
- Alinea in Residence comes to Miami: Chef Grant Achatz to pop up at Faena Miami Beach
- Former Miami restaurant owner Joshua Woodward pleaded no contest Friday to attempted murder for trying to induce a miscarriage
- Jose Garces planning Miami restaurant