Now closed: Georgia's Union
Morgan's Southern sister has rested its soul (food)
1787 Purdy Ave.
After just 3 short months in business, Georgia's Union, the soul food spot brought to us by the people responsible for Morgans in Wynwood, has closed. The owners are said to be dedicating all their efforts to Morgan's. " We have decided to invest all of our energy and resources into Morgans and the Midtown and Miami District neighborhoods," owner Barclay Effs told us. "Morgans is a Miami institution and one that we are most proud and committed to both maintaing and expanding. Information on GU's former space and its use or new tenant , that will go there, if any, is not yet determined'
- Now open: Coconut Grove's Spasso--"Simple, honest, brutal food"
- Food Network UK star Andy Bates brings "refined British pub food" to A&E District with 3-day pop up
- Blair Wilson, Mike Isabella, Jennifer Carroll, George Pagnois headline Surfcomber food fest
- The Bridge Cocktail Bar's December takeover of The Local Craft Food & Drink
- Kevin Cory transforms NAOE sibling into N Shabu Shabu
- Alinea in Residence comes to Miami: Chef Grant Achatz to pop up at Faena Miami Beach
- Former Miami restaurant owner Joshua Woodward pleaded no contest Friday to attempted murder for trying to induce a miscarriage
- Jose Garces planning Miami restaurant
- Update: CANCELED Brooklyn's Pies 'n' Thighs pops up at the Mondrian
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz is out at the Raleigh Hotel on South Beach