Now closed: Georgia's Union
Morgan's Southern sister has rested its soul (food)
1787 Purdy Ave.
After just 3 short months in business, Georgia's Union, the soul food spot brought to us by the people responsible for Morgans in Wynwood, has closed. The owners are said to be dedicating all their efforts to Morgan's. " We have decided to invest all of our energy and resources into Morgans and the Midtown and Miami District neighborhoods," owner Barclay Effs told us. "Morgans is a Miami institution and one that we are most proud and committed to both maintaing and expanding. Information on GU's former space and its use or new tenant , that will go there, if any, is not yet determined'
- Tobacco Road goes adrift: A Miamian's lament of historic bar's corporate partnership
- Pascal Oudin's Brasserie Central opening soon at Merrick Park
- From 1826 to 50 Eggs: Danny Grant to helm 'two new concepts' for John Kunkel's growing culinary empire
- Exclusive! Top Chef Masters' Patricia Yeo is Khong River House's new executive chef
- Japanese speakeasy BLK Orchid opening at Townhouse Hotel Oct. 17
- Coyo Taco Wynwood opening mid November
- Kris Wessel's A.I.R. near Lincoln Road closing after less than 2 months
- Miami Smokers opening retail shop & deli in Little Havana
- Chef Jeremiah's swinesational P.I.G. 5 lineup announced!
- Tickets now on sale for LUCKYRICE Festival's 5th Anniversary by Bombay Sapphire East and hosted by Masaharu Morimoto