Now closed: Georgia's Union
Morgan's Southern sister has rested its soul (food)
1787 Purdy Ave.
After just 3 short months in business, Georgia's Union, the soul food spot brought to us by the people responsible for Morgans in Wynwood, has closed. The owners are said to be dedicating all their efforts to Morgan's. " We have decided to invest all of our energy and resources into Morgans and the Midtown and Miami District neighborhoods," owner Barclay Effs told us. "Morgans is a Miami institution and one that we are most proud and committed to both maintaing and expanding. Information on GU's former space and its use or new tenant , that will go there, if any, is not yet determined'
- Lindsay Autry, Xavier Torres, Todd Erickson, Jason Pringle, & Richard Hales to compete in Cochon 555
- Phuc-in Yay! Phuc Yea! Vietnamese pop-up to go permanent mid-May
- Coya Miami opening Thursday, February 19
- 3.5 star review can't keep 27 open; Broken Shaker, restaurant shut temporarily at Freehand
- Wynwood Diner opening in March
- Chef Jeremiah opening in Aventura Mall & joining Grant Achatz's restaurant rez system Tock
- BREAKING: Hedy Goldsmith leaving The Genuine Hospitality Group, relocating to LA
- STK's 'more accessible' sibling STK Rebel opening in downtown Miami
- Crumb on Parchment alum Nicole Votano tapped as Fooq's executive chef
- Chef Art Smith is giving away #101GayWeddings at James Royal Palm during #SOBEWFF