Now closed: Georgia's Union
Morgan's Southern sister has rested its soul (food)
1787 Purdy Ave.
After just 3 short months in business, Georgia's Union, the soul food spot brought to us by the people responsible for Morgans in Wynwood, has closed. The owners are said to be dedicating all their efforts to Morgan's. " We have decided to invest all of our energy and resources into Morgans and the Midtown and Miami District neighborhoods," owner Barclay Effs told us. "Morgans is a Miami institution and one that we are most proud and committed to both maintaing and expanding. Information on GU's former space and its use or new tenant , that will go there, if any, is not yet determined'
- David's Cafe on Collins closing after 37 years
- Blackbrick Brings on the Brunch
- Pubbelly introduces PB Fish, a seafood pop-up at PB Steak starting April 8
- AQ by Acqualina, featuring Dewey LoSasso & Hiro's Yakko San
- Mansion morphing into "Miami-style country western line dancing" club with Blue Collar's Danny Serfer serving "large plates"
- Las Olas hot spot American Social opening in ex Waxy O'Connor's space
- Allen Susser's Daily Melt grilling the cheese up in Fort Lauderdale on April 1
- Brewery Ommegang's HopChef competition heads to Miami in April
- Nina Compton cooks at Swine Southern Table & Bar on April 24
- Loba, "Latin spice and Southern Comfort" coming to Biscayne Blvd.