November Wine of the Month
This wine will go great with Thanksgiving dessert
Planning a Thanksgiving feast can make you want to scream. How does one democratize a menu for guests who range from born again vegan to turkey tyrant?
The 2008 Grgich Hills Violetta Napa Valley Late Harvest is the great palate equalizer with its baby banana, apricot and ginger snap aromas and honey and candied ginger flavors that glide through a mildly acidic finish. The color is gorgeously golden and the texture is almost gooey. White Zinfandel-ers will dig its sweet bite, and dry wine-fascists will dig a complexity comparable to this amazing Wynwood backdrop.
Pair it up with homemade sweet potato pie (we like the one at Saint City Coffee Shop on NW 22nd Ave. and 93rd St.). Before you start hollering about price, note that these grapes are estate grown on a certified biodynamic and organic vineyard called American Canyon. Producers only made 1,958 cases of this wine, so you and your wine crew throw some money in a pot and bring some unity to that twisted-turkey table.
2008 Grgich Hills Violetta Napa Valley Late Harvest
Available through special order at W Wine Boutique & Spirits, 1328 Alton Rd., Miami Beach, 305-673-8282 ($68 for half bottle).
$25 a glass at Prime 112, 112 Ocean Dr., South Beach, 305-532-8112.
- 7 Top Fort Lauderdale Waterfront Restaurants
- 3D Printed Candy arrives in Miami on June 1 at Dylan’s Candy Bar
- Cuba's oldest beer reborn in Miami
- Grilling this weekend? Here are a grillmaster's '10 Commandments'
- Fusion of cultures nets stellar ramen at Ichimi
- 7 Top Fine Dining Waterfront Restaurants in Miami
- First Look: Downtown gets a dose of Caribbean flavors at Zest
- Make this cocktail: Sushi Garage's Lychee Mule
- Midtown Oyster Bar brings more than oysters
- Coral Gables, Dadeland get anticipated new restaurants