Not daddy's little girl
The bleak Winter's Bone makes its debut in South Florida theaters on Friday.
Winner of the 2010 Grand Jury Prize at the Sundance Film Festival, the bleak Winter's Bone makes its debut in South Florida theaters on Friday. The movie follows the quest of a tough teenage girl who sets off to find her father -- not out of loyalty but because he put her family's house up as bail and then vanished -- and features a break-out performance by Jennifer Lawrence as Ree, who struggles to pierce her Ozark kin's code of silence to save her younger siblings.
On Our Radar
- One Direction loves Florida, records concert special
- Celebrity spotting in Miami
- What did most Miamians search for in 2014?
- See Fort Lauderdale native Jason Kennedy tie the knot
- Fleetwood Mac drummer Mick Fleetwood showcases his photography
- Ne-Yo plays Santa Claus in Kendall
- Rosario Dawson in Miami to talk new movie
- Diner en Blanc lands on Miami Beach
- Annie stars in Miami
- Shakira's mansion reportedly back on the market