Not daddy's little girl
The bleak Winter's Bone makes its debut in South Florida theaters on Friday.
Winner of the 2010 Grand Jury Prize at the Sundance Film Festival, the bleak Winter's Bone makes its debut in South Florida theaters on Friday. The movie follows the quest of a tough teenage girl who sets off to find her father -- not out of loyalty but because he put her family's house up as bail and then vanished -- and features a break-out performance by Jennifer Lawrence as Ree, who struggles to pierce her Ozark kin's code of silence to save her younger siblings.
On Our Radar
- 3 rare pre-embargo Cuban cigars to buy in Miami
- How to get the celebrity bikini body you crave
- Luis Guzman in Miami: Spanish is easier than French
- Miami artist Becky Rosa unveils massive public art installation at Wynwood gallery
- Antonio Banderas: I have an attachment to Miami
- Runway Reviews from Miami Fashion Week 2016
- Do you live in one of the most stressed out places in Florida?
- Gwen Stefani's having trouble selling tickets for tour
- Miami Fashion Week arrives with new celebs and a fresh vision
- 5 things to know about 2 Chainz