Not daddy's little girl
The bleak Winter's Bone makes its debut in South Florida theaters on Friday.
Winner of the 2010 Grand Jury Prize at the Sundance Film Festival, the bleak Winter's Bone makes its debut in South Florida theaters on Friday. The movie follows the quest of a tough teenage girl who sets off to find her father -- not out of loyalty but because he put her family's house up as bail and then vanished -- and features a break-out performance by Jennifer Lawrence as Ree, who struggles to pierce her Ozark kin's code of silence to save her younger siblings.
On Our Radar
- DJ Irie, the official DJ for the Miami Heat, takes us inside the NBA Finals
- Cosmo en Espanol throwing beach bash
- Chef gives tips on enjoying a unique July 4
- Rapper Flo Rida, manager no-shows at Heat game
- You're invited to Nordstrom's Beauty Bash
- Karent Sierra headed to jail (not really)
- Lil Wayne finally pays up
- Boca Raton native Ariana Grande: lots going on
- Target teams with Lauren Bush's Feed Project
- One Direction surprises fans on Miami Beach