Not daddy's little girl
The bleak Winter's Bone makes its debut in South Florida theaters on Friday.
Winner of the 2010 Grand Jury Prize at the Sundance Film Festival, the bleak Winter's Bone makes its debut in South Florida theaters on Friday. The movie follows the quest of a tough teenage girl who sets off to find her father -- not out of loyalty but because he put her family's house up as bail and then vanished -- and features a break-out performance by Jennifer Lawrence as Ree, who struggles to pierce her Ozark kin's code of silence to save her younger siblings.
On Our Radar
- Miami Fashion Week arrives with new celebs and a fresh vision
- Florida girl Megan Fox: Miami has changed so much
- South Florida's Johnny Depp in divorce drama
- Win a ride on the Flying Cucumber blimp on June 2
- 5 Colombian locations in Miami that Seleccion Colombia should visit
- Did your name make the list of names for the 2016 Hurricane Season?
- Blac Chyna slams body shamers
- Tracy Morgan: I feel good
- How to Do Miami Like These 9 Celebs
- Brett Ratner back home in Miami Beach