North Miami bakery to get 'rescued' on TLC show
Pastry is Art bakery to be featured at 7 p.m. Tuesday on TLC's Buddy's Bakery Rescue.
Jenny Rissone's North Miami bakery-café, Pastry is Art, is "more like a soap opera than an actual business."
So says TLC, which next week will feature Pastry is Art on its new episode of Buddy's Bakery Rescue (formerly Bakery Boss). The show airs at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, July 15.
"Cake Boss" Buddy Valastro will help give a needed boost to Rissone's shop, where she works with her sister Ana and where "hidden emotions are hindering the business' success."
Rissone opened Pastry is Art in 2010 at 12591 Biscayne Blvd. Prior to that, the Peruvian native and graduate of Le Cordon Bleu in Lima cooked at the Trump International Beach Resort, Eden Roc and other Miami-area hotels.
The small shop with milk chocolate and vanilla walls and magenta and lime green accents is open for breakfast and lunch, serving internationally inspired sandwiches and sweets in addition to its custom-made baked goods.
- Harry's Pizzeria by Michael Schwartz opens Wednesday in Coconut Grove
- The List: Miami's best foods with chef Bernie Matz
- Miami chef Cindy Hutson to be honored Oct. 10
- LIV nightclub founder David Grutman to open Komodo restaurant in Brickell
- New TiramesU restaurant opening Oct. 6 in South Beach
- Chef Jeremiah's Pork Is Good festival returns to Wynwood in November
- Chefs leave top kitchen posts at Miami Beach restaurants Seagrape, Michael Mina 74
- The List: Miami's 10 best foods, according to Stripsteak's Derrick Roberts
- Change is on the menu at Michael Schwartz's The Cypress Room in Miami
- Spanish food market to pop up at Bayfront Park