North Miami bakery to get 'rescued' on TLC show
Pastry is Art bakery to be featured at 7 p.m. Tuesday on TLC's Buddy's Bakery Rescue.
Jenny Rissone's North Miami bakery-café, Pastry is Art, is "more like a soap opera than an actual business."
So says TLC, which next week will feature Pastry is Art on its new episode of Buddy's Bakery Rescue (formerly Bakery Boss). The show airs at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, July 15.
"Cake Boss" Buddy Valastro will help give a needed boost to Rissone's shop, where she works with her sister Ana and where "hidden emotions are hindering the business' success."
Rissone opened Pastry is Art in 2010 at 12591 Biscayne Blvd. Prior to that, the Peruvian native and graduate of Le Cordon Bleu in Lima cooked at the Trump International Beach Resort, Eden Roc and other Miami-area hotels.
The small shop with milk chocolate and vanilla walls and magenta and lime green accents is open for breakfast and lunch, serving internationally inspired sandwiches and sweets in addition to its custom-made baked goods.
- South Beach sushi pop-up Prey puts invasive species on the menu at 1 Hotel & Homes
- The List: 10 best Miami foods with Batch Gastropub's Kevin Danilo
- 2 new Coral Gables restaurants opening this week: Trust & Co. and Ichimi
- Worth the drive: Clay Conley opens Grato restaurant in West Palm Beach
- A Top Chef's 10 favorite foods in Miami
- Former Zuma chef, manager to open KYU restaurant in Wynwood
- Kris Wessel to open barbecue joint in Miami's Little Haiti
- Is it worth it? Quality Meats Miami Beach debuts $64 Chicken Parm Pizza
- The List: 10 best South Florida restaurants according to Rick Mijares
- The List: A Ritz-Carlton chef's top Fort Lauderdale restaurants