North Miami bakery to get 'rescued' on TLC show
Pastry is Art bakery to be featured at 7 p.m. Tuesday on TLC's Buddy's Bakery Rescue.
Jenny Rissone's North Miami bakery-café, Pastry is Art, is "more like a soap opera than an actual business."
So says TLC, which next week will feature Pastry is Art on its new episode of Buddy's Bakery Rescue (formerly Bakery Boss). The show airs at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, July 15.
"Cake Boss" Buddy Valastro will help give a needed boost to Rissone's shop, where she works with her sister Ana and where "hidden emotions are hindering the business' success."
Rissone opened Pastry is Art in 2010 at 12591 Biscayne Blvd. Prior to that, the Peruvian native and graduate of Le Cordon Bleu in Lima cooked at the Trump International Beach Resort, Eden Roc and other Miami-area hotels.
The small shop with milk chocolate and vanilla walls and magenta and lime green accents is open for breakfast and lunch, serving internationally inspired sandwiches and sweets in addition to its custom-made baked goods.
- The List: Miami's best bites with Sugarcane's Timon Balloo
- Joël Robuchon to open three restaurants in Miami's Design District
- The List: Finding Miami's best food with Quality Meats' Craig Koketsu
- Crust Pizza evolves into Crust Restaurant, opening this month in Miami
- 'Top Chef' alum Spike Mendelsohn to open Sunny's at The Hall hotel in South Beach
- The List: Miami's 10 best bites with chef Diego Oka of La Mar
- Porfirio's closes in South Beach, Señor Frog's opening delayed
- NYC's Sullivan Street Bakery to open in Miami
- The Fed in Miami brings back Crawdaddy Wednesdays
- The List: Miami's best dishes with Katsuya's Jose Icardi