North Miami bakery to get 'rescued' on TLC show
Pastry is Art bakery to be featured at 7 p.m. Tuesday on TLC's Buddy's Bakery Rescue.
Jenny Rissone's North Miami bakery-café, Pastry is Art, is "more like a soap opera than an actual business."
So says TLC, which next week will feature Pastry is Art on its new episode of Buddy's Bakery Rescue (formerly Bakery Boss). The show airs at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, July 15.
"Cake Boss" Buddy Valastro will help give a needed boost to Rissone's shop, where she works with her sister Ana and where "hidden emotions are hindering the business' success."
Rissone opened Pastry is Art in 2010 at 12591 Biscayne Blvd. Prior to that, the Peruvian native and graduate of Le Cordon Bleu in Lima cooked at the Trump International Beach Resort, Eden Roc and other Miami-area hotels.
The small shop with milk chocolate and vanilla walls and magenta and lime green accents is open for breakfast and lunch, serving internationally inspired sandwiches and sweets in addition to its custom-made baked goods.
- Doubling down: Chefs Jeff McInnis and Janine Booth to open second Miami Beach restaurant
- The List: 10 best Miami restaurants with Sugar Factory's chef
- Miami food events: Pubbelly gets fishy, Vagabond chef Alex Chang cooks at Fooq's
- 9 new Asian restaurants in Miami and Miami Beach
- 5 restaurant openings to know about in Miami and Fort Lauderdale
- Miami's 10 best restaurants with chef Jimmy Carey of Jimmy'z Kitchen
- 51 restaurants serving Thanksgiving in Miami and Fort Lauderdale
- Taste of Design gala is Saturday at the Moore Building in Miami
- Miami's 10 best restaurants with chef Makoto Okuwa
- Giveaway: Win tickets to Savor the Season party in Brickell