Norman Van Aken to headline A Taste of South Florida
The May 30 food event will benefit Orange Bowl charities.
A Taste of South Florida:
The Orange Bowl Impact and Excellence Awards
7-10 p.m. May 30
Broward County Convention Center
Norman Van Aken will lead a lineup of Miami and Fort Lauderdale chefs at the Orange Bowl's A Taste of South Florida fundraiser on May 30 at the Broward County Convention Center.
Cooking with Van Aken are Ralph Pagano (Naked Taco, Alba Seaside), Paula DaSilva (3030 Ocean), Danny Grant (1826), Howie Kleinberg (Bulldog Barbecue and Burger), Hedy Goldsmith (Michael's Genuine, Harry's Pizzeria), Fabio Viviani (Siena Tavern) and others.
The event is part of the annual Orange Bowl Impact & Excellence Awards (The OBIEs) to recognize people and student athletes who have made a difference in the community and in youth sports. As part of the OBIEs, more than $100,000 will be donated to local chapters of nonprofits like Make-a-Wish and Special Olympics.
Tickets are $85-$200 and can be purchased at community.orangebowl.org.
- Miami Beach's Macchialina to open in Asheville
- Fresh American Bistro debuts in Sunny Isles
- The List: Seagrape's Michelle Bernstein
- Pubbelly and Wynwood Brewing Co. to open restaurant, beer bar on cruise ship
- Are these the best restaurants in South Florida?
- La Nuit en Rosé wine festival coming to Miami Beach Edition
- Miami's 15 most anticipated restaurants of 2015
- The List: 50 Eggs' John Kunkel
- The Burgies: Who will be South Florida's 2015 comfort-food champions?
- Southern Italian restaurant Campania opens Wednesday in Miami