Norman Van Aken to headline A Taste of South Florida
The May 30 food event will benefit Orange Bowl charities.
A Taste of South Florida:
The Orange Bowl Impact and Excellence Awards
7-10 p.m. May 30
Broward County Convention Center
Norman Van Aken will lead a lineup of Miami and Fort Lauderdale chefs at the Orange Bowl's A Taste of South Florida fundraiser on May 30 at the Broward County Convention Center.
Cooking with Van Aken are Ralph Pagano (Naked Taco, Alba Seaside), Paula DaSilva (3030 Ocean), Danny Grant (1826), Howie Kleinberg (Bulldog Barbecue and Burger), Hedy Goldsmith (Michael's Genuine, Harry's Pizzeria), Fabio Viviani (Siena Tavern) and others.
The event is part of the annual Orange Bowl Impact & Excellence Awards (The OBIEs) to recognize people and student athletes who have made a difference in the community and in youth sports. As part of the OBIEs, more than $100,000 will be donated to local chapters of nonprofits like Make-a-Wish and Special Olympics.
Tickets are $85-$200 and can be purchased at community.orangebowl.org.
- Doubling down: Chefs Jeff McInnis and Janine Booth to open second Miami Beach restaurant
- The List: 10 best Miami restaurants with Sugar Factory's chef
- Miami food events: Pubbelly gets fishy, Vagabond chef Alex Chang cooks at Fooq's
- 9 new Asian restaurants in Miami and Miami Beach
- 5 restaurant openings to know about in Miami and Fort Lauderdale
- Miami's 10 best restaurants with chef Jimmy Carey of Jimmy'z Kitchen
- 51 restaurants serving Thanksgiving in Miami and Fort Lauderdale
- Taste of Design gala is Saturday at the Moore Building in Miami
- Miami's 10 best restaurants with chef Makoto Okuwa
- Giveaway: Win tickets to Savor the Season party in Brickell