Norman Van Aken to headline A Taste of South Florida
The May 30 food event will benefit Orange Bowl charities.
A Taste of South Florida:
The Orange Bowl Impact and Excellence Awards
7-10 p.m. May 30
Broward County Convention Center
Norman Van Aken will lead a lineup of Miami and Fort Lauderdale chefs at the Orange Bowl's A Taste of South Florida fundraiser on May 30 at the Broward County Convention Center.
Cooking with Van Aken are Ralph Pagano (Naked Taco, Alba Seaside), Paula DaSilva (3030 Ocean), Danny Grant (1826), Howie Kleinberg (Bulldog Barbecue and Burger), Hedy Goldsmith (Michael's Genuine, Harry's Pizzeria), Fabio Viviani (Siena Tavern) and others.
The event is part of the annual Orange Bowl Impact & Excellence Awards (The OBIEs) to recognize people and student athletes who have made a difference in the community and in youth sports. As part of the OBIEs, more than $100,000 will be donated to local chapters of nonprofits like Make-a-Wish and Special Olympics.
Tickets are $85-$200 and can be purchased at community.orangebowl.org.
- The List: Miami's best bites with Sugarcane's Timon Balloo
- Joël Robuchon to open three restaurants in Miami's Design District
- The List: Finding Miami's best food with Quality Meats' Craig Koketsu
- Crust Pizza evolves into Crust Restaurant, opening this month in Miami
- 'Top Chef' alum Spike Mendelsohn to open Sunny's at The Hall hotel in South Beach
- The List: Miami's 10 best bites with chef Diego Oka of La Mar
- Porfirio's closes in South Beach, Señor Frog's opening delayed
- NYC's Sullivan Street Bakery to open in Miami
- The Fed in Miami brings back Crawdaddy Wednesdays
- The List: Miami's best dishes with Katsuya's Jose Icardi