Norman Van Aken to headline A Taste of South Florida
The May 30 food event will benefit Orange Bowl charities.
Norman Van Aken will lead a lineup of Miami and Fort Lauderdale chefs at the Orange Bowl's A Taste of South Florida fundraiser on May 30 at the Broward County Convention Center.
Cooking with Van Aken are Ralph Pagano (Naked Taco, Alba Seaside), Paula DaSilva (3030 Ocean), Danny Grant (1826), Howie Kleinberg (Bulldog Barbecue and Burger), Hedy Goldsmith (Michael's Genuine, Harry's Pizzeria), Fabio Viviani (Siena Tavern) and others.
The event is part of the annual Orange Bowl Impact & Excellence Awards (The OBIEs) to recognize people and student athletes who have made a difference in the community and in youth sports. As part of the OBIEs, more than $100,000 will be donated to local chapters of nonprofits like Make-a-Wish and Special Olympics.
Tickets are $85-$200 and can be purchased at community.orangebowl.org.
A Taste of South Florida:
The Orange Bowl Impact and Excellence Awards
7-10 p.m. May 30
Broward County Convention Center
- Where to eat great food, drink great wine and beer — and raise money
- Why the Hungry Black Man makes juice bar his pick of the week
- What this 'hungry black man' did after a 'dining while black' experience
- Taste Chinese, Mexican and Japanese in one bite — for one night only
- A vegetarian gastropub? It's coming to (where else?) South Beach
- Where you can taste a prize-winning doughnut in Miami
- These are Miami's most popular brunch spots, says Yelp
- Pollo Tropical wants you to cheat — on your chicken
- Three perfect words: Free chocolate croissants
- Burgers and beer in Brickell on National Cheeseburger Day