Norman Van Aken to headline A Taste of South Florida
The May 30 food event will benefit Orange Bowl charities.
A Taste of South Florida:
The Orange Bowl Impact and Excellence Awards
7-10 p.m. May 30
Broward County Convention Center
Norman Van Aken will lead a lineup of Miami and Fort Lauderdale chefs at the Orange Bowl's A Taste of South Florida fundraiser on May 30 at the Broward County Convention Center.
Cooking with Van Aken are Ralph Pagano (Naked Taco, Alba Seaside), Paula DaSilva (3030 Ocean), Danny Grant (1826), Howie Kleinberg (Bulldog Barbecue and Burger), Hedy Goldsmith (Michael's Genuine, Harry's Pizzeria), Fabio Viviani (Siena Tavern) and others.
The event is part of the annual Orange Bowl Impact & Excellence Awards (The OBIEs) to recognize people and student athletes who have made a difference in the community and in youth sports. As part of the OBIEs, more than $100,000 will be donated to local chapters of nonprofits like Make-a-Wish and Special Olympics.
Tickets are $85-$200 and can be purchased at community.orangebowl.org.
- South Beach sushi pop-up Prey puts invasive species on the menu at 1 Hotel & Homes
- The List: 10 best Miami foods with Batch Gastropub's Kevin Danilo
- 2 new Coral Gables restaurants opening this week: Trust & Co. and Ichimi
- Worth the drive: Clay Conley opens Grato restaurant in West Palm Beach
- A Top Chef's 10 favorite foods in Miami
- Former Zuma chef, manager to open KYU restaurant in Wynwood
- Kris Wessel to open barbecue joint in Miami's Little Haiti
- Is it worth it? Quality Meats Miami Beach debuts $64 Chicken Parm Pizza
- The List: 10 best South Florida restaurants according to Rick Mijares
- The List: A Ritz-Carlton chef's top Fort Lauderdale restaurants