Prize-winning meatballs with a view on Las Olas...
821 E. Las Olas Blvd., Fort Lauderdale
Hours: 11:30am-10pm Sunday-Thursday, 11:30am-11pm Friday-Saturday. Open 11:30am-3pm Christmas Eve; closed Christmas Day
Prices: Appetizers $14-$15, soup $7, salads $11-$18, pasta $14-$21, entrees $23-$28, paninis $11-$14, sides $6-$8, dessert $6-$11.
FYI: Grilled gourmet pizzas available 11:30am-4pm Friday for $13-$18. Beer and wine; $15 corkage fee. Metered parking. AX, MC, VS.
Noodles Panini is all about meatball madness these days. Its Aunt Marion’s meatballs were recently been voted the best in Fort Lauderdale – or more precisely, the No. 1 among contenders in an October charity competition. The plump, saucy specialty bested 10 others, including entrees from Johnny V, Bova Prime, da Campo Osteria and Anthony's Runway 84. The prizewinners are named for owner Brent Lahaye's aunt, who created the recipe. Have them paired with a salad, swimming in tomato sauce or stuffed into a panini. And if you can't get enough, take home a quart.
Prices at Noodles Panini are cheaper than at many restaurants on Las Olas, but service varies. On a girls' night out, our charming server was accommodating and well-paced; another night our meal got off to a slow start but picked up.
Ambiance: Despite its touristy address on Las Olas Boulevard, the 10-year-old café has the breezy atmosphere of a neighborhood hangout, with contemporary exposed ceilings and cozy, dark wood. When the 30-seat restaurant gets crowded, quarters are tight. If the weather's balmy, we prefer sitting on the patio, decorated with twinkling lights and greenery.
- An appetizer of three sublime, soft and light meatballs plated with perky baby greens
- A delicious mix of baby greens in a lemon-kissed vinaigrette tossed with roasted pumpkin seeds
- A chopped salad of romaine, cucumbers, tomatoes, yellow peppers, salami, almonds and Gorgonzola
- Simple bowls of bombolotti paired with broccoli rabe, loads of garlic and chile peppers
- Excellent chicken piccata with a light lemony-butter sauce, capers and penne
- A panini with imported prosciutto, grilled artichokes, baby greens and
- Flavorful, albeit a bit fatty, house-roasted beef panini served on delicious focaccia with a rich Gorgonzola spread, onion confit, Dijon, mayo and baby greens
- Generously sliced house-made carrot cake with cream cheese icing studded with walnuts
- House-made light, creamy tiramisu
- Casa d'Angelo hosts Brunello wine dinner June 26
- Steak 954 hosts war of the wines dinner series June 27
- Fort Lauderdale's Hot & Soul serves up global comfort food
- Sustainable seafood stars at Wild Sea on Las Olas
- The BOL brings an "elevated Asian experience" to Seminole Hard Rock
- Steak 954 hosts a "Bourbon on the Brain" fundraiser
- Amatsu brings "heavenly" sushi to the Westin Fort Lauderdale
- Get Festive: Blues, Brews & BBQ and Las Olas Wine & Food 2013
- Wild Sea Oyster Bar brings seafood to Fort Lauderdale's Riverside Hotel
- Margate's Fusion Latin Cuisine celebrates its grand opening March 21