Nole Marin: no judgments
Former ANTM judge dishes
Nolé Marin of America's Next Top Model was in town recently at Mansion nightclub in Miami Beach for the magazine launch of Supermodels Unlimited. We got a chance to chat up the former judge on Tyra Banks' hit show about opening up his own modeling agency, the launch of his skincare line and what's the best way to look fashionable on the cheap.
What do you love about Miami?
I love Miami. This is my 150th time in Miami. I've been coming here since 1989. I did a lot of work, mostly editorial shoots. I've also partied a lot.
What was it like to be a judge on America's Next Top Model?
It was a great experience. The world got to see the hard work the models experience on a day to day basis.
What are you doing these days?
I'm launching my own modeling agency called AIM Feb. 21. I also have a skincare line for both women and men called Evole. It's like nutrition for the skin. It'll be available at the end of March at www.evoleskin.com.
Who has been your favorite model to style? There's so many to choose from. I love working with Tyra, Claudia Schiffer, Emily Watson, Hugh Jackman and Paul Sorvino.
As a stylist, what do you think is the best advice you can offer someone who wants to look hot, but doesn't have a big budget?
I think the best thing to do is to create your own style. Don't go by trends because there's nothing fashionable about being broke and in style. I say go through your parents' and grandparents' closets and have fun with it.
On Our Radar
- Glamorous red carpet for Miss Universe
- Christian Slater shows up at party
- Shaq: from basketball to law enforcement
- Amber Rose makes a splash in Miami
- Shannen Doherty talks new reality show
- Brazilian soccer star keeps the party going
- Joanna Krupa suing fellow Housewives star
- Magic Johnson at book appearance
- Justin Bieber misses another hearing
- Local attorney helps Linda Hogan