Noire Miami's Pre-Valentine's Day and First Friday events to do this weekend in South Florida
Whether you already have a Valentine or plan on buying yourself your own bouquet of flowers and a box of chocolates, there’s no reason to stay home this weekend.
It's better to have loved and lost than to not have loved at all...or at least that's how the saying goes. Why wait until February 14th when you can check out these pre-Valentine’s Day and First Friday events to get you in the mood for love. Also check out our Valentine’s Day Guide and Cupid’s picks at Miami.com/cupid.
Fridays at Bass: Beats After Sunset
Friday, Feb 7 (every first Friday), 8pm - 11pm - Bass Museum of Art, 2100 Collins Ave, Miami Beach
Art + music happy hour series held the first Friday of every month. Enjoy the current exhibition, TIME, the sounds of DJ JL Trax, and complementary specialty cocktails by Reyka Vodka for guests 21 and over. Free for Bass members and $10 for non-members. After-party will be held at do not sit offering free admission, complimentary drinks from 11pm to midnight.
For info: (305) 673-7530, ext. 1001 or visit www.bassmuseum.org.
Miami Skyline Happy Hour
Friday, Feb 7 (every Friday), 5pm - 11pm - Finnegan’s River, 401 SW 3rd Ave, Miami
No cover and 2-for-1 drinks and $5 appetizers until 8pm. For info or RSVP: email@example.com
Music by: DJ Top Feelin
Miami First Fridays Gallery Night
Friday, Feb 7 (every first Friday), 6pm - 10pm - McCormick Place Miami, 111 SW 3rd St, Miami
McCormick Place will open its artist studios on the penthouse floor and host the menswear company, Indochino, in the 1st floor gallery.
2nd Annual Red Velvet Valentine’s Affair
Saturday, Feb 8, 8pm - 2:30am - Juana M. Brickell, 923 Brickell Ave
Hosted by Legacy, Zing, Lions & Kittens, Trunque, and Tony Major Events. Find a Valentine or bring your Valentine and enjoy dinner, dancing, and an elegant social evening. Red attire strongly encouraged.
Cover $20 and dinner reservations available by calling (215) 206-1875.
My Valentine: A Pampering Event
Saturday, Feb 8, 2pm - 6pm - C&I Studies, 541 NW 1st Ave, Ft. Lauderdale
A pampering event exclusively for women with complimentary photo shoot, 15 minute massage, goodie bag, wine, martinis, scrumptious desserts and delectable appetizers.
Tickets $35 and must be purchased online at Nourise-Events.com.
- Miami Soul giveaway: Exclusive Invitation for “The Man in 3B” Red Carpet Film Screening
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Kindred the Family Soul, YPN Broward Day Party, Miami Under 40 Networking, and more
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Questlove spin session, House Party 25th Anniversary party, Mellow Dramatic Mondays
- Miami Soul: 5th Annual Overtown Music & Arts Festival featuring Raheem Devaughn, Melanie Fiona, and more
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Big Night in Little Haiti, Pines Food & Wine Festival, South Florida Book Festival and more
- Miami Soul: 2nd Saturdays Wynwood Art Walk guide of cool events to check out July 11
- National Urban League Conference takes over South Florida July 29 - August 2, 2015 with Hillary Clinton, Jeb Bush confirmed
- Miami Soul weekend guide: South Florida HBCU Picnic, RonDayVu Day Party, A Conversation on Haitian/Dominican Crisis
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Colors of the Caribbean, Big Night in Little Haiti featuring Akoustik Band, and more
- Taste of the Caribbean 2015: A Showcase of Caribbean Cuisine