Noire Miami's Pre-Valentine's Day and First Friday events to do this weekend in South Florida
Whether you already have a Valentine or plan on buying yourself your own bouquet of flowers and a box of chocolates, there’s no reason to stay home this weekend.
It's better to have loved and lost than to not have loved at all...or at least that's how the saying goes. Why wait until February 14th when you can check out these pre-Valentine’s Day and First Friday events to get you in the mood for love. Also check out our Valentine’s Day Guide and Cupid’s picks at Miami.com/cupid.
Fridays at Bass: Beats After Sunset
Friday, Feb 7 (every first Friday), 8pm - 11pm - Bass Museum of Art, 2100 Collins Ave, Miami Beach
Art + music happy hour series held the first Friday of every month. Enjoy the current exhibition, TIME, the sounds of DJ JL Trax, and complementary specialty cocktails by Reyka Vodka for guests 21 and over. Free for Bass members and $10 for non-members. After-party will be held at do not sit offering free admission, complimentary drinks from 11pm to midnight.
For info: (305) 673-7530, ext. 1001 or visit www.bassmuseum.org.
Miami Skyline Happy Hour
Friday, Feb 7 (every Friday), 5pm - 11pm - Finnegan’s River, 401 SW 3rd Ave, Miami
No cover and 2-for-1 drinks and $5 appetizers until 8pm. For info or RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org
Music by: DJ Top Feelin
Miami First Fridays Gallery Night
Friday, Feb 7 (every first Friday), 6pm - 10pm - McCormick Place Miami, 111 SW 3rd St, Miami
McCormick Place will open its artist studios on the penthouse floor and host the menswear company, Indochino, in the 1st floor gallery.
2nd Annual Red Velvet Valentine’s Affair
Saturday, Feb 8, 8pm - 2:30am - Juana M. Brickell, 923 Brickell Ave
Hosted by Legacy, Zing, Lions & Kittens, Trunque, and Tony Major Events. Find a Valentine or bring your Valentine and enjoy dinner, dancing, and an elegant social evening. Red attire strongly encouraged.
Cover $20 and dinner reservations available by calling (215) 206-1875.
My Valentine: A Pampering Event
Saturday, Feb 8, 2pm - 6pm - C&I Studies, 541 NW 1st Ave, Ft. Lauderdale
A pampering event exclusively for women with complimentary photo shoot, 15 minute massage, goodie bag, wine, martinis, scrumptious desserts and delectable appetizers.
Tickets $35 and must be purchased online at Nourise-Events.com.
- Live from Jazz in the Gardens 2014: Backstage with Jill Tracey
- The party before the party: Friday night party lineup to kick off Jazz in the Gardens
- Bassist Stanley Clarke to appear at Jazz in the Gardens 2014
- Love Life & the 411: Jazz in the Gardens pop-up party tonight
- Noire Miami weekend guide: Lyric Live, Jazz in the Gardens Pop Up Party, Second Saturdays Art Walk, and more
- Four popular spots around Miami you didn’t know were black-owned
- Jazz in the Gardens Foodie-Focus event serves up the best of the festival's Food Village
- Love Life and the 411: Scandal watch party Thursday, plenty of Flow on Friday
- Noire Miami's food, music, and wine weekend edition
- Love, Life, and the 411 - Soldiers of Love