Noire Miami weekend guide: Questlove Spin Session, Miami Ques Spring Fever, Sunday Soiree, and more
Spring is meant for chill vibes, sundresses, linen outfits, and good music and this weekend guide has it all covered.
Noire Miami: [nwar] adj. French for black. Black Miami’s source of things to do, people to see, and places to go.
Spring time in South Florida is known for comfortable weather, snow birds, Spring breakers taking over our beaches, and of course, the Sony Open Tennis and the madness of the Winter Music Conference this week and the Ultra Music Festival next week. So there are tons of parties over the next couple of weeks, but if a chill vibe is more up your speed, check out the weekend guide of five events you may want to check out this weekend. Thank us later.
SocialXchange Happy Hour
Friday, Mar 21 (every 3rd Friday), 6PM - 11PM - Vagabond Miami, 30 NE 14th St
This Friday’s event is hosted by FIU's Young Alumni Committee of the Black Alumni Chapter. Happy hour drink specials all night and music by DJ Ghostrider. No cover all night.
Spring Fever Day Soiree: Seersucker and Sundresses
Saturday, Mar 22, 2PM - 10PM - Casa de Rodrigo, 14630 S. River Dr, North Miami
The Sigma Alpha Chapter of Omega Psi Phi, “The Miami Ques” presents this event for a third year in a row. Proceeds from the event benefit their scholarship fund. Dress code: spring attire, sundresses, floppy hats, linen outfits. Tickets are $20 in advance and can be purchased at miamiquesspringfever.eventbrite.com.
Questlove Spin Session
Sunday, Mar 23, 10pm - Bardot, 3456 North Miami Ave, Miami
If you’ve never been to a Questlove spin session then you haven’t been to a real party. The Roots drummer is back again for the Winter Music Conference with his infamous spin sessions that you absolutely cannot miss. Tickets Available: showclix.com/event/QuestloveWMC323
Sunset at Negril
Sunday, Mar 23, 6PM - 11PM - Negril On The Green, 315 S. 62nd Ave, Hollywood
What better way to spend a lazy Sunday evening than with sweet Jamaican vibes with reggae music, Caribbean food, and a relaxed environment. Rain or shine, this family friend event is a weekly staple every Sunday. No cover and free parking.
Sunday, Mar 23 (every 3rd Sunday), 7PM - 12AM - Martini Bar at Gulfstream Park, 601 Silks Run, Hallandale Beach
Presented by Majestic Group and LIV Alive Social Group, enjoy a soul-phisticated vibe, live music by The Live Poets Society Band, and music by DJ Top Feeling. Free before 8PM with RSVP; $15 after 8PM. Happy hour drink specials from 7PM - 8PM. RSVP: LASG.info
- Soul of South Florida: Vanessa James
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Sebastian Mikael at Ron Day Vu Day Party, Raheem Devaughn at Overtown Music Festival, and more
- Little Haiti's Caribbean Marketplace Reopens
- Headliner Market Group presents: Overtown Music Festival featuring Raheem Devaughn, Keke Wyatt, & more - FREE
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Biz Markie live, 4th of July pool parties, Live music events, First Fridays, and more
- Miami Soul giveaway: Two pairs of tickets to swim with the dolphins at Miami Seaquarium
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Miami Under 40, After 5 Mixer, Black Caucus Reception, and more
- 'Think Like a Man, Too'
- Caribbean-American Heritage Month events around South Florida
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Anthony David live, Juneteenth Music Festival, Get Fit Miami, YPN Broward Speed Networking, Deltas After Dark, and more