Noire Miami weekend guide: Questlove Spin Session, Miami Ques Spring Fever, Sunday Soiree, and more
Spring is meant for chill vibes, sundresses, linen outfits, and good music and this weekend guide has it all covered.
Noire Miami: [nwar] adj. French for black. Black Miami’s source of things to do, people to see, and places to go.
Spring time in South Florida is known for comfortable weather, snow birds, Spring breakers taking over our beaches, and of course, the Sony Open Tennis and the madness of the Winter Music Conference this week and the Ultra Music Festival next week. So there are tons of parties over the next couple of weeks, but if a chill vibe is more up your speed, check out the weekend guide of five events you may want to check out this weekend. Thank us later.
SocialXchange Happy Hour
Friday, Mar 21 (every 3rd Friday), 6PM - 11PM - Vagabond Miami, 30 NE 14th St
This Friday’s event is hosted by FIU's Young Alumni Committee of the Black Alumni Chapter. Happy hour drink specials all night and music by DJ Ghostrider. No cover all night.
Spring Fever Day Soiree: Seersucker and Sundresses
Saturday, Mar 22, 2PM - 10PM - Casa de Rodrigo, 14630 S. River Dr, North Miami
The Sigma Alpha Chapter of Omega Psi Phi, “The Miami Ques” presents this event for a third year in a row. Proceeds from the event benefit their scholarship fund. Dress code: spring attire, sundresses, floppy hats, linen outfits. Tickets are $20 in advance and can be purchased at miamiquesspringfever.eventbrite.com.
Questlove Spin Session
Sunday, Mar 23, 10pm - Bardot, 3456 North Miami Ave, Miami
If you’ve never been to a Questlove spin session then you haven’t been to a real party. The Roots drummer is back again for the Winter Music Conference with his infamous spin sessions that you absolutely cannot miss. Tickets Available: showclix.com/event/QuestloveWMC323
Sunset at Negril
Sunday, Mar 23, 6PM - 11PM - Negril On The Green, 315 S. 62nd Ave, Hollywood
What better way to spend a lazy Sunday evening than with sweet Jamaican vibes with reggae music, Caribbean food, and a relaxed environment. Rain or shine, this family friend event is a weekly staple every Sunday. No cover and free parking.
Sunday, Mar 23 (every 3rd Sunday), 7PM - 12AM - Martini Bar at Gulfstream Park, 601 Silks Run, Hallandale Beach
Presented by Majestic Group and LIV Alive Social Group, enjoy a soul-phisticated vibe, live music by The Live Poets Society Band, and music by DJ Top Feeling. Free before 8PM with RSVP; $15 after 8PM. Happy hour drink specials from 7PM - 8PM. RSVP: LASG.info
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Anthony Hamilton & Chrisette Michele performing live, Soul Centric Miami
- Miami Soul weekend guide: The Family Dinner II, Talib Kweli performing live, and more
- Miami Soul weekend guide: FAMU Rattler Reunion Weekend, South Florida Youth Summit, and more
- Five things to do this Labor Day Weekend: Miami Ques Day Party, RonDayVu Day Party and more
- Jeffrey Osborne, Bell Biv DeVoe to Headline Black Enterprise Golf & Tennis Challenge Labor Day Weekend
- Miami Soul Weekly Going Out Guide for things to do and where to go
- Miami Soul on the Scene: Estelle Paints the Town Red with Rosa Regale
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Distinguished Gentlemen event, Sundays at the Bay, and more
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Big Night in Little Haiti, Soca Reggae Unity party, Soul Centric Miami, and more
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Rakim performing live, Jamaica Independance party and more