Noire Miami weekend guide: Five Shades of Green, Kulcha Shok Muzik, SPEAKtacular, and more
Noire Miami's weekend guide includes something for all of the senses from live reggae and the spoken word to a bubbly wine experience.
Five Shades of GREEN an Eco-Sexy Fashion Play
Saturday, April 12, 6PM - 10:30PM, Museum of Contemporary Arts (MOCA), 770 NE 125th St, North Miami
Emceed by the Mistress of Elegance and Miami socialite, Ingrid B, and narrated by poet, Darius Daughtry (Director of Poetry Programs, Omari Hardwick, Blueapple Poetry Network), and vocalist/actress/performer Nailah Daaj, Five Shades of Green is where 50 Shades of Grey goes Green. In celebration of Earth Month and presented by DezignNation, the 3rd annual fashion play features a pre-party from 6pm - 8pm features live music and a fashion exhibit hosted by 103.5 the Beat radio personality, Stichiz! The show continues from 8pm - 10pm with a glimpse of fashion from New York, Africa, Jamaica, and Florida and soul singer Antonia Janay. A portion of the proceeds will help sponsor summer programming for MOCA Kids and also benefitting Save the Twinz, a breast cancer awareness foundation that supports women of color. The Fashion Exibit is free, general admission tickets $25, and VIP tickets available at eventbrite.com/e/five-shades-of-green-an-eco-sexy-fashion-play-tickets-4763907977.
Jamaica Charity Gala
Saturday, April 12, 6:30PM - 11:30PM - Four Seasons Hotel Miami, 1435 Brickell Ave
Hosted by The American Friends of Jamaica and The Jamaica Committee, the annual charity gala celebrates 10 years and honors Dr. Robert E. Levy, Chairman of the Jamaica Broilers Group of Companies. Tickets starting at $150 and available at eventbrite.com/e/the-jamaica-charity-gala-2014-tickets-9441496771? For info: theafj.org
Kulcha Shok Muzik
Sunday, April 13, 10pm - Jazid, 1342 Washington Ave, Miami Beach
Voted best reggae night 2007 in the Miami New Times, Sundays at Jazid is a night of live reggae featuring Inna Sense and Jahfe plus other great bands.
Anna Blooms Bubbly
Tuesday, April 15, 12PM - 2PM - The Biltmore Hotel, Laguna Room - Conference Center 2nd floor, 1200 Anastasia Ave, Coral Gables
Lifestyle expert Diana Hamann (aka The Wine Goddess) and floral partner Kathryn Parrish of Parrish Designs hosts Anna Blooms, a creative event featuring the bubbly style of Anna Brut and Anna Brut Rose paired with a hands-on experience in floral and party planning. RSVP: email@example.com or (786) 897-8854.
Thursday, April 17, 7PM - 8:30PM - YoungArts, 2100 Biscayne Blvd, Miami
SPEAKtacular is an evening of spoken word poetry, music, and dance featuring youth poets from the Jason Taylor Foundation’s Omari Hardwick bluapple Poetry Network. Organized by poets Darius Daughtry and Ashley M. Jones, this unique event is not your average slam or variety hour—just the arts, blended beautifully. Free and open to the public.
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Miami Reggae Fest, The Reggae Social, and more events
- 3rd Annual Art of Transformation: A series of artistic events celebrating the revitalization of Opa-locka
- Miami Soul on the Scene: Oprah's The Life You Want weekend & Covergirl Breakfast Power Meetup
- Emeline Michel holds benefit concert to benefit school in Haiti
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Slick Rick, Keke Wyatt & Tank, and more
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Breast Party Ever featuring Doug E. Fresh & Gabrielle Union
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Raheem Devaughn live, RonDAYvu Day Party, Big Night in Little Haiti, and more
- Miami Broward Carnival weekend guide
- Diddy's REVOLT Music Conference takes over Miami
- Miami Soul on the Scene: Private Concert by Flo Rida