Noire Miami’s weekend guide for things to do in South Florida during the holiday weekend
Get in the Christmas spirit with live music events.
Holiday Toy Drive Mix & Jingle
Friday, Dec 20, 6pm - 10pm - TSL Lounge, 167 NW 23rd St, Miami
This third annual holiday event benefits the African Heritage Cultural Arts Center and Honey Shine and is presented by Ankara Miami, Legacy Miami, and several other sponsors and partners. Admission is $10 or discounted at $5 with a toy. Advance tickets can be purchased MixandJingle.eventbrite.com.
Big Night in Little Haiti
Friday, Dec 20, 6pm – 10pm - Little Haiti Cultural Center, 212 NE 59 Terr
Every last Friday day of the month, Big Night in Little Haiti is a free outdoor concert featuring a Haitian band as well as children’s activities, artists, arts and crafts, and food vendors. The final Big Night in Little Haiti of 2013 features music by Wanito, a 25-year-old Haitian singer, guitarist, and songwriter whose work combines reggae, roots, dancehall, and konpa, and the children’s choir of Notre Dame d’Haiti Catholic Church in Little Haiti. DJ Mack of Mizikpam.com will play between sets.
Inside the gallery, enjoy Global Caribbean V, an Art Basel-sanctioned exhibition presented by the Haitian Cultural Arts Alliance. Hands-on art activities for kids are sponsored by Positive Impact Foundation/Kose Famn and the Bass Museum of Art. Free secured parking.
Moksha Roots Live - Official Big Night in Little Haiti after party at Moksha Family Arts Collective, 228 NE 59th St
Presented by 7th Circuit Productions, the on-going monthly gallery opening features live music, DJs, and a drum jam that brings together the diverse cultural roots of Miami and features world renown visionary artists as well as our local Miami artists. Live performances: Haitian band Rudy & the Creole Rockers, Pachanga Son Squad, and Symbiotic Simians & Friends.
Art opening and jam starts at 8pm; free before 10pm; and $10 from 10pm - 3am. 18+ only.
Live Through Art: ARTISTically Fashioned!
Saturday, Dec 21, 8pm - N'Namdi Contemporary Gallery, 177 NW 23rd St, Miami
Join this black owned gallery for a night of art, fashion, and music infused with unique visual art. Sounds by DJ Fly Guy and sponsored tasting by Don Julio Tequila.
Colors of Christmas with Cece Winans, Ruben Studdard, Peabo Bryson, and Melissa Manchester
Sunday, Dec 22, 7:30pm - The Kravis Center for the Performing Arts, 701 Okeechobee Blvd, West Palm Beach
Experience The Colors of Christmas with Cece Winans, Ruben Studdard, Peabo Bryson and Melissa Manchester and hits from their individual repertoires, as well as songs of the season, this stellar lineup of award-winning artists will be joined by a gospel choir. It's an enchanting evening of unforgettable music that the whole family will enjoy show.
Prior to the show, join the EYE as they host an exclusive pre-show reception from 5pm to 7pm at Pampas Grill (700 S Rosemary Ave) located in City Place in West Palm Beach. Reception will include various ticket giveaways.
For info and tickets, visit www.Kravis.org. Enter promo code EOECITIES for EYE Exclusive reception.
Live Reggae & Christmas Concert featuring Jahfe
Sunday, Dec 22, 6pm – Negril on the Beach, 315 S 62nd Ave, Hollywood
Enjoy a pre-Christmas concert by popular local band, Jahfe for a chill, Jamaican vibe. Every weekend the restaurant features live music, Jamaican food, and a relaxing atmosphere. Free admission and free parking.
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Women's Innovation Brunch, Carib Film Fest, Delta Sigma Theta Red Shoe Luncheon, and more
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Ankara Miami African Fashion Week, Alvin Ailey Dance Theater, Big Night in Little Haiti, and more
- Techies, Innovators Converge in Miami for Black Tech Week February 23 - 28
- Miami Soul weekend guide: 9 Mile Music Festival, Jazz & Love Concert, Purvis Young Opening Reception, and more
- Miami Soul: Black History Month 2015 Celebrations around South Florida
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Super Bowl weekend fun
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Black Coffee Africa Party, Miami Soul Sessions, Mellow Dramatic Mondays, and more
- Miami Soul Travel Series: Island Hopping in the Amazing Greece
- Miami Soul: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. service events and celebrations around South Florida
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Festival of Laughs Comedy Show, Half of a Yellow Sun screening, and more