Hialeah Park celebrates renovations and new season
Hialeah Park kicks off a new season of races with a cocktail that celebrates its new facelift.
Hialeah Park cocktail
Wed., Dec. 12 from 6:30-9 p.m.
2200 E. Fourth Ave., Hialeah
RSVP to Maria@Creativasgroup.com
Yes, Hialeah is replete with cement lawns and illegal efficiencies. But it is also home to an incredible historical jewel that has been a meeting place for some of history's most important players (Churchill, Truman and Kennedy) and some of the world's swiftest horses (Seabuscuit and War Admiral). Hialeah Park, which opened for racing in 1925, has weathered many a storm, and reopened in 2009 after being shuttered for eight seasons.
The park is still undergoing renovations, and Wednesday, Dec. 12 will host a cocktail to show off its progress before the new racing season kicks off. There will be a rum, cigars and a Q & A to follow to get locals up to speed with the happenings at Hialeah Park.
See and Do
- Miami Events - December 2015
- 17 Fun Things to Do This Week: Nov 30 - Dec 5
- Eddie Izzard comes to Miami with 'Force Majeure' tour
- Bayfront Park hosts tree lighting event to kick off holiday season
- Momix will perform and teach a master class at Broward Center
- 17 Fun Things to Do This Holiday Week: Nov 23-29
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Nov. 20-22
- ‘Newsies’ dances its way back to South Florida with a charming leading man
- Some Miami Book Fair events of note (in a weekend of hundreds)
- Miami Book Fair, a literary cornucopia, kicks off