Hialeah Park celebrates renovations and new season
Hialeah Park kicks off a new season of races with a cocktail that celebrates its new facelift.
Hialeah Park cocktail
Wed., Dec. 12 from 6:30-9 p.m.
2200 E. Fourth Ave., Hialeah
RSVP to Maria@Creativasgroup.com
Yes, Hialeah is replete with cement lawns and illegal efficiencies. But it is also home to an incredible historical jewel that has been a meeting place for some of history's most important players (Churchill, Truman and Kennedy) and some of the world's swiftest horses (Seabuscuit and War Admiral). Hialeah Park, which opened for racing in 1925, has weathered many a storm, and reopened in 2009 after being shuttered for eight seasons.
The park is still undergoing renovations, and Wednesday, Dec. 12 will host a cocktail to show off its progress before the new racing season kicks off. There will be a rum, cigars and a Q & A to follow to get locals up to speed with the happenings at Hialeah Park.
See and Do
- Little Havana Visitor Center opens on Calle Ocho
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - April 24-26
- Festivals of Speed brings luxury to Museum Park
- Island City delivers the laughs and the bite in ‘Little Dog Laughed’
- Outdoor Movies, Earth Day Goodies, Summer Camp & Giveaways: Munchkin Fun's Top picks Apr 20-26
- No 'pleading the fifth' for Andy Cohen in Miami
- Anderson Cooper comes to Miami for an intimate conversation
- Miami Science Museum hosts annual Galaxy Gala and Big Bang fundraiser
- Dennis Watkins brings magic back to the Arsht in ‘The Magnificents’
- South Beach Comedy Festival celebrates a decade of jokes