Hialeah Park celebrates renovations and new season
Hialeah Park kicks off a new season of races with a cocktail that celebrates its new facelift.
Hialeah Park cocktail
Wed., Dec. 12 from 6:30-9 p.m.
2200 E. Fourth Ave., Hialeah
RSVP to Maria@Creativasgroup.com
Yes, Hialeah is replete with cement lawns and illegal efficiencies. But it is also home to an incredible historical jewel that has been a meeting place for some of history's most important players (Churchill, Truman and Kennedy) and some of the world's swiftest horses (Seabuscuit and War Admiral). Hialeah Park, which opened for racing in 1925, has weathered many a storm, and reopened in 2009 after being shuttered for eight seasons.
The park is still undergoing renovations, and Wednesday, Dec. 12 will host a cocktail to show off its progress before the new racing season kicks off. There will be a rum, cigars and a Q & A to follow to get locals up to speed with the happenings at Hialeah Park.
See and Do
- Miami-Dade County Youth Fair: Five things we are excited about
- 'Book of Mormon,' 'Newsies' headline Arsht Center's next season
- Puppet shows, storytimes, spring break & 10 other fun things to do this week
- Gipsy Kings celebrate 25 years of 'Bamboleo' at the Hard Rock on May 15
- King Arthur and his knights get goofy in ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- ‘War Horse’ brings its imaginative, moving drama to Miami’s Arsht Center
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Mar. 7-9
- Calle Ocho: 5 Things we are excited about this year
- Daddy Yankee reigns as the King of Calle Ocho
- World Golf Championships-Cadillac Championship brings golf and more to Doral