Hialeah Park celebrates renovations and new season
Hialeah Park kicks off a new season of races with a cocktail that celebrates its new facelift.
Hialeah Park cocktail
Wed., Dec. 12 from 6:30-9 p.m.
2200 E. Fourth Ave., Hialeah
RSVP to Maria@Creativasgroup.com
Yes, Hialeah is replete with cement lawns and illegal efficiencies. But it is also home to an incredible historical jewel that has been a meeting place for some of history's most important players (Churchill, Truman and Kennedy) and some of the world's swiftest horses (Seabuscuit and War Admiral). Hialeah Park, which opened for racing in 1925, has weathered many a storm, and reopened in 2009 after being shuttered for eight seasons.
The park is still undergoing renovations, and Wednesday, Dec. 12 will host a cocktail to show off its progress before the new racing season kicks off. There will be a rum, cigars and a Q & A to follow to get locals up to speed with the happenings at Hialeah Park.
See and Do
- July 4, Kids Eat Free: Munchkin Fun's top picks June 29 - July 5
- Seven options for a date night in Miami with no time to waste
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - June 27-29
- Florida Supercon celebrates 10 years of geeking out
- Fourth of July guide: Where to watch fireworks in South Florida on July 4
- Munchkin Fun's top picks for family fun June 22-28
- Carlos Mencia headlines at the Ultimate Miami Comedian at Magic City Casino
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - June 19-21
- Five things you didn't know about DJ Irie
- Magic City Casino's Ultimate Miami challenge returns with comedy, drag queens, cocktails and more