Hialeah Park celebrates renovations and new season
Hialeah Park kicks off a new season of races with a cocktail that celebrates its new facelift.
Hialeah Park cocktail
Wed., Dec. 12 from 6:30-9 p.m.
2200 E. Fourth Ave., Hialeah
RSVP to Maria@Creativasgroup.com
Yes, Hialeah is replete with cement lawns and illegal efficiencies. But it is also home to an incredible historical jewel that has been a meeting place for some of history's most important players (Churchill, Truman and Kennedy) and some of the world's swiftest horses (Seabuscuit and War Admiral). Hialeah Park, which opened for racing in 1925, has weathered many a storm, and reopened in 2009 after being shuttered for eight seasons.
The park is still undergoing renovations, and Wednesday, Dec. 12 will host a cocktail to show off its progress before the new racing season kicks off. There will be a rum, cigars and a Q & A to follow to get locals up to speed with the happenings at Hialeah Park.
See and Do
- Stories, school fun & Munchkin Fun's 10 top picks for this week
- Hess Select South Beach Seafood Festival arrives Oct. 22-25 on Miami Beach
- Hialeah Park Casino celebrates one year with busy weekend
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Aug. 15-17
- Monster truck driver Debrah Miceli proves that Monster Jam is not just a boy’s club
- Wayans brothers bring their comedy act to Seminole Hard Rock on Friday, Aug 15.
- Miami Children’s Museum debuts ‘My Green Home’ exhibit
- ‘Shorts Gone Wild 2’ finds laughs and deeper moments in brief LGBT-themed plays
- Olaf parties, freebie fun & Munchkin Fun's top 10 picks for the week
- Ahmed Ahmed heads to South Florida with the 'Sullivan & Son' Comedy Tour