Hialeah Park celebrates renovations and new season
Hialeah Park kicks off a new season of races with a cocktail that celebrates its new facelift.
Hialeah Park cocktail
Wed., Dec. 12 from 6:30-9 p.m.
2200 E. Fourth Ave., Hialeah
RSVP to Maria@Creativasgroup.com
Yes, Hialeah is replete with cement lawns and illegal efficiencies. But it is also home to an incredible historical jewel that has been a meeting place for some of history's most important players (Churchill, Truman and Kennedy) and some of the world's swiftest horses (Seabuscuit and War Admiral). Hialeah Park, which opened for racing in 1925, has weathered many a storm, and reopened in 2009 after being shuttered for eight seasons.
The park is still undergoing renovations, and Wednesday, Dec. 12 will host a cocktail to show off its progress before the new racing season kicks off. There will be a rum, cigars and a Q & A to follow to get locals up to speed with the happenings at Hialeah Park.
See and Do
- Summer Fun 2015: Your guide to kids programs and camps for the summer in Miami
- Summer Fun 2015: Your guide to parks in Miami this summer
- Russian pianist plays Wynwood on Friday
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - May 22-24
- Third Thursdays at Perez Art Museum Miami brings music and drinks
- Memorial Day Weekend Events - 2015
- Haitian Book Fair to celebrate Caribbean culture for 3rd year
- Annie, Open Play & Freebie Fun: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks for Memorial Day Week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - May 15-17
- Haitian Compas Festival encores at Sun Life Stadium with System Band and many more