Hialeah Park celebrates renovations and new season
Hialeah Park kicks off a new season of races with a cocktail that celebrates its new facelift.
Hialeah Park cocktail
Wed., Dec. 12 from 6:30-9 p.m.
2200 E. Fourth Ave., Hialeah
RSVP to Maria@Creativasgroup.com
Yes, Hialeah is replete with cement lawns and illegal efficiencies. But it is also home to an incredible historical jewel that has been a meeting place for some of history's most important players (Churchill, Truman and Kennedy) and some of the world's swiftest horses (Seabuscuit and War Admiral). Hialeah Park, which opened for racing in 1925, has weathered many a storm, and reopened in 2009 after being shuttered for eight seasons.
The park is still undergoing renovations, and Wednesday, Dec. 12 will host a cocktail to show off its progress before the new racing season kicks off. There will be a rum, cigars and a Q & A to follow to get locals up to speed with the happenings at Hialeah Park.
See and Do
- Wizard World Comic Con takes over the Broward Convention Center
- 15 things to do with the kids Sept 28 - Oct 4: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks
- Ultimate guide to luxury seats at Miami’s Sun Life Stadium
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Sept. 25-27
- House of Horrors kicks off this weekend with a concert by Silentó
- Bay Skate rolls back into Bayfront Park with a free skating party
- Broward County celebrates its 100 year anniversary with Neil Goldberg's extravaganza 'WE'
- Concerts usher in the musical sounds of the new season
- PARK(ing) Day Miami 2015 returns this Friday with mini parks popping up all over Miami
- Free and Cheap things to do in Miami Sept. 18-20