Lost photos of The Beatles and Rolling Stones on display during Art Basel week
“The Lost Beatles and the Lost Rolling Stones Photographs” take over The Betsy
Photography, and in particular historical photography, seems to be stealing the shows during Art Basel Miami Beach.
This one, at the Betsy Hotel, is what it says it is – previously unseen photos of the two great bands of the 1960s - The Beatles and The Rolling Stones. Both black-and-white and in color, about 200 in all, from the years 1964-1966.
They come from the archive of the U.S. tour manager of both groups, Bob Bonis.
Opens on Dec. 3 at the Betsy Hotel, 1440 Ocean Dr., Miami Beach; www.thebetsyhotel.com.
- Basel bites: Where to eat during Miami Art Week
- Satellite fairs bring art beyond Art Basel
- A Curated Guide to Miami Art Week and Art Basel Miami Beach
- Art Basel Hotel Party Guide
- Art work donated to FIU by Jorge Pérez may be forgery
- Accessible Art: Art Basel sets attendance record, color in time and space with Carlos Cruz-Diez, and the Bakehouse Art Complex builds first public metal-casting foundry
- Cindy Crawford pays visit to Art Miami for debut of work in her likeness
- FAILE Brings Their Interactive Deluxx Fluxx Arcade Installation to South Beach
- De Nolet festival brings together performance art, music and Ketel One cocktails
- Wynwood-based Spinello Projects unveils exhibit in Art Basel's competitive Nova sector