Art Live Fair
Watch artists create at this interactive art fair this weekend.
Art Live Fair
8-11 p.m. Friday; 11 a.m.-11 p.m. Saturday; 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Sunday
Coconut Grove Expo Center, 2700 S. Bayshore Dr., Miami
Tickets: $10 adults, children under 10 free; $20 evening pass (Friday-Saturday after 5 p.m.); $50 three-day pass; $250 VIP Vernissage (5:30-8 p.m. Friday)
artlivefair.org or 786-300-9840
Watch the creative process unfold before your eyes at Art Live Fair taking place Friday through Sunday at the Coconut Grove Expo Center. This “art happening” will have artists not only displaying their works, but also engaging the public in its creation, where possible. The fair, previously known as Wynwood Art Fair, features performance-based, interactive contemporary art and counts on the participation of most major contemporary art institutions and galleries in Miami as well as artists from Miami and across the country.
What kind of artistic mischief will they be getting into? Here are a few things to look out for: New York-based Christopher Astley, whose work has been on display in the Margulies Collection, Lowe Art Museum and the APF Lab in New York, will create a wall-like sculpture using concrete-filled plastic and rubber beach toys. South Floridian Alouishous San Gomma will invite visitors to create their own version of his signature artistic meme (an eyeball) on canvas, which he will later incorporate into a finished piece. New World School of the Arts grad Bhakti Baxter, whose work has been displayed in galleries in France, New York and Miami, will produce a collaborative work that promises to make the crowds think and move.
David Brooks and Justin Long will create a labyrinth-like sculpture that allows humans to share the experience of birds in an aviary. The founder of the University of Wynwood, Miami’s faux institute of higher learning, P. Scott Cunningham and writer Timothy Stanley will spearhead the activities at “Compound,” a performance space and lounge area lined with mirrors where poetry readings and performance art will be showcased.
Though Art Live seeks to engage the public via the arts, it also has an altruistic purpose as admission proceeds benefit the Lotus House Women’s Shelter which provides shelter, sanctuary and support to women and children in need.
See and Do
- 15 things to do with the kids Oct 5-11: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Oct. 2-4
- Miami Events - October 2015
- Wizard World Comic Con takes over the Broward Convention Center
- 15 things to do with the kids Sept 28 - Oct 4: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks
- Ultimate guide to luxury seats at Miami’s Sun Life Stadium
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Sept. 25-27
- House of Horrors kicks off this weekend with a concert by Silentó
- Bay Skate rolls back into Bayfront Park with a free skating party
- Broward County celebrates its 100 year anniversary with Neil Goldberg's extravaganza 'WE'