Former Palm D'Or Chef Philippe Ruiz Opening Restaurant Du Cap on Brickell
Unique up-tempo French restaurant coming soon to Miami
After his somewhat shocking departure from the Biltmore's lauded (thanks to him) Palm D'Or Restaurant, chef Philippe Ruiz will reemerge thankfully in Miami, at 660 Brickell at Brickell World Plaza, where he will open Restaurant Du Cap, "an entirely unique up-tempo French restaurant concept located in an equally unique and beautiful location," says real estate rep Carmen More who brokered the deal.
The 5,179 square foot restaurant will debut Nov. 1. Tunu Puri, one of the investors in Zuma Miami, the international group of Japanese restaurants, is the primary shareholder and President of Du Cap LLC.
- A night of dishing on Miami's culinary scene at Wynwood Yard
- Extra Ordinary: Vandy Vanderwarker of Charleston's The Ordinary shucking up at Mignonette in May
- Richard Hales opening Bird & Bone Hot Chicken & Ribs at The Wynwood Yard
- Now Closed: The Oceanaire Seafood Room. Coming Soon to Mary Brickell Village: "Another Landry's concept"
- Norwegian DJ Kygo's just desserts at Komodo
- Top Chef Paul Qui of Faena Hotel's heralded Pao arrested for alleged drug-fueled assault on girlfriend
- Bachour Bakery + Bistro opening March 25 on Brickell
- High end Kaori by Walter Martino opening in Brickell area February 23
- Juvia's Japanese sibling Sushi Garage opens in Miami's Sunset Harbor 'hood
- Now open: Coconut Grove's Spasso--"Simple, honest, brutal food"