Former Palm D'Or Chef Philippe Ruiz Opening Restaurant Du Cap on Brickell
Unique up-tempo French restaurant coming soon to Miami
After his somewhat shocking departure from the Biltmore's lauded (thanks to him) Palm D'Or Restaurant, chef Philippe Ruiz will reemerge thankfully in Miami, at 660 Brickell at Brickell World Plaza, where he will open Restaurant Du Cap, "an entirely unique up-tempo French restaurant concept located in an equally unique and beautiful location," says real estate rep Carmen More who brokered the deal.
The 5,179 square foot restaurant will debut Nov. 1. Tunu Puri, one of the investors in Zuma Miami, the international group of Japanese restaurants, is the primary shareholder and President of Du Cap LLC.
- Golden Fig farmhouse restaurant opening late summer in ex OTC space
- Pierre's, Morada Beach Cafe off the market with new executive chef, Ishmael Toro
- Dinner at La Savina at Mondrian out; Brooklyn's Momo Sushi Shack 'pop-up' in
- Ted's at YoungArts closed
- LGBT Night at Dos Caminos
- OTC closes in Brickell after 3-year run
- Morimoto South Beach introduces weekend brunch
- Ex District chef, James Beard nominee Horacio Rivadero appointed executive chef at Tantalize
- More tacos on the way: Wapo Taco opening in Coral Gables
- DB Bistro Moderne Miami goes casual for the summer